• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

i almost posted that same paragraph. the whole review is great too

Far more gratifying when others point out your handiwork.
Perhaps that's because amusing ourselves is far easier than amusing others.

That said, I think that collectively, we should appreciate when reviewers amuse us, and post their work in this thread more often... every once in a while, you come across something that makes you chuckle.

Yeah, no blowing your own horn in this thread, please!

Of course, I'm guilty of this myself... :eek:

To avoid being gauche a 3rd time, I specifically won't reference the instances where I did.

He gves you the facts, but he also gives you a some perspective.
I picked that up at Highland. The first time I played there, I left with questions. There was a paved road with curbs you shoot over, but the road is closed. Why? There is something that looks like a bridge abutment in the middle of nowhere. What was that for? There are the guts of benches with no boards on them in a secluded area. What used to be there? Obviously at some point it wasn't so secluded. I left wondering what the history of that park was.

Since then I've come cross four or five parks that had something I found interesting about the history of the site, so I throw that in. It has nothing to do with disc golf or the course that is there now, so it's questionable what the value is. I just figure I can't be the only person who finds that stuff interesting.

I still can't figure out Highland. Both Highland and West Park are really old parks with a lot of history, and there are bits and pieces out there. I just can't connect the dots on either park to really feel like I understand the history of the places.

I picked that up at Highland. The first time I played there, I left with questions. There was a paved road with curbs you shoot over, but the road is closed. Why? There is something that looks like a bridge abutment in the middle of nowhere. What was that for? There are the guts of benches with no boards on them in a secluded area. What used to be there? Obviously at some point it wasn't so secluded. I left wondering what the history of that park was.

Since then I've come cross four or five parks that had something I found interesting about the history of the site, so I throw that in. It has nothing to do with disc golf or the course that is there now, so it's questionable what the value is. I just figure I can't be the only person who finds that stuff interesting.

I still can't figure out Highland. Both Highland and West Park are really old parks with a lot of history, and there are bits and pieces out there. I just can't connect the dots on either park to really feel like I understand the history of the places.

At least some of us appeciate it. :)

Lady in Blue is a course not far from here. The park has a history with Al Capone, the Underground Railroad, cement bridges made to look all the world like wood... and the course is named for the ghost of the lady said to haunt the area.

My reviews are already lengthy, so I choose not to elaborate on the ancillary, ... but that doesn't mean it's lost on me.

Info for the curious:
http://99wfmk.com/ladyinblue2018/
https://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2014/08/peek_through_time_gangsters_gh.html

Attachments

• Bridge 1.jpg
    Bridge 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 54
  • Bridge 2.jpg
    Bridge 2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 52
Sounds like we need a new thread for disc golf courses with interesting and notable historical landmarks and/or stories. (Separate from the comical photoshopped Disc Golf in History thread, or course).

Sounds like we need a new thread for disc golf courses with interesting and notable historical landmarks and/or stories. (Separate from the comical photoshopped Disc Golf in History thread, or course).

Is this an actual thread? If not I'll gladly start it.

A great review title I just came across.

Hellboycraig's review of Inskip Park in Knoxville

One Skip. Two Skip. Let's Skip Inskip.

And while you're checking out his review and title of Inskip DGC, look at Wellsbranch's review format of the same course. I think after 1100 reviews, I'm going to change and copy this format. It's so easy on the eyes.

And after hellboycraig's review, I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that his rating, although perhaps a little low, is still more accurate than those of the disgruntled locals.

Lady in Blue is a course not far from here. The park has a history with Al Capone, the Underground Railroad, cement bridges made to look all the world like wood... and the course is named for the ghost of the lady said to haunt the area.

My reviews are already lengthy, so I choose not to elaborate on the ancillary, ... but that doesn't mean it's lost on me.

Info for the curious:
https://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2014/08/peek_through_time_gangsters_gh.html

I would never wish homelessness on anyone. But if I WAS homeless, I would gravitate to structures like this. I mean anything to keep a homeless Martha Stewart away is ok in my book.

A great review title I just came across.

Hellboycraig's review of Inskip Park in Knoxville

One Skip. Two Skip. Let's Skip Inskip.

And while you're checking out his review and title of Inskip DGC, look at Wellsbranch's review format of the same course. I think after 1100 reviews, I'm going to change and copy this format. It's so easy on the eyes.

And after hellboycraig's review, I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that his rating, although perhaps a little low, is still more accurate than those of the disgruntled locals.

From the review below hellboy's… 5 disc rating

Cons: Some of the holes are so good that other courses look bad in comparison.
:eek: lol

Info for the curious:

The links are great thanks Bogey! A lot of history at McCourtie Park, aka The Lady in Blue DGC, well worth a trip just to see all those bridges. :hfive:

Latest posts