• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cleaning your discs

Do you clean your discs?

• All out bath

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Wipe down (wet)

Votes: 41 27.9%
  • Dust off (dry)

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • No need to clean

Votes: 40 27.2%

• Total voters
I wash 'em good with dish soap after every round.

I play in mostly public parks, and you never know what is actual mud, and what may have been filtered through a four (or two) legged creature.

Now there's an image I really didn't need planted in my mind.

Playing in California it is a quick dust off or harder dust off with scratches! Rarely do my discs get wet so dont wet them normally.

My discs are lucky to get wiped off when they get wet or muddy on the course. Not sure what the point is of a special cleaning is - they're just going to get dirty again. I'll bet some of you people wash your cars too...

I only wash my discs when they get in deep poison ivy. Then its usually just soapy water. I do keep baby wipes in my car too so i can wipe off my hands and usually the rims of my discs immediately after a round with poison ivy growth. That way i know i get most of the oils and wont get any on my steering wheel or anything like that. Otherwise just towel off a disc. mud and dirt dont bother me too much and dont usually last long anyway since i tend to aim for creeks.

I do keep baby wipes in my car too so i can wipe off my hands and usually the rims of my discs immediately after a round with poison ivy growth. That way i know i get most of the oils and wont get any on my steering wheel or anything like that.

That's a really smart idea, after my kids outgrew the baby wipes, I tossed them from my car, but this totally makes sense, thanks for the tip

Sent from my trap phone using Tapatalk for dummies

My discs are lucky to get wiped off when they get wet or muddy on the course. Not sure what the point is of a special cleaning is - they're just going to get dirty again. I'll bet some of you people wash your cars too...

I don't ever shower, either. Just going to get sweaty again! :sick:

I wash mine 2 or 3 times a year in the kitchen sink with warm water and Dawn dish washing liquid . It removes the dark grime build up that occurs every few months. The best thing I like about a clean disc is how much easier it is to spot in the fairway or in thick rough.

One problem with this, champ plastic doesn't float.

It was just quick timing, that yellow champion disc is on its way down, the Orange aviar is floating on an air pocket, the blue one's an r-pro hydra and the last one is a Wahoo

Sent from my trap phone using Tapatalk for dummies

I wipe them before I throw if they are wet.

Post round, they only get cleaned up they are muddy or have nature stuck to them. 100% clean feels weird/slippery

For that matter bathing is just a waist of time and brushing your teeth is way over rated.

I'll wash them if grip starts to become an issue or if I get bored.

My course is filled with poison oak, so bad so that I will only play in long socks, pants and long sleeve shirt (yes even in HOT summer weather). Also as a result I've got in the habit of washing my discs after every round. Warm soapy bucket of water and I wipe down my bags, straps and any compartments that might have oak on it. Then on to the discs. Clean discs, bag and towel make me a happy guy.

Wipe discs after each throw before going back in the bag. Wash putters to restore tacky feeling when needed.

I'll wipe mine off anytime they are wet or muddy before they go back in the bag. But the night before any tourney they all get a bath in the sink with some warm water & dish soap. It's just become part of my routine.

Latest posts