• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cleemo Climb-O Climmo?

:hfive: Go you! We should meet up and play some courses. AL isn't that far away. I still haven't played any courses down there. Heard there are some decent ones from some pro's around here.

Mobile has some good ones, Matt Orum's home town, you can catch him there playing every now and then. The one here in Montgomery isn't all that great, just a bunch of 500+ holes in open fields, no trees, no elevation, no water, etc. All 18 holes are exactly alike plus/minus 100 ft. or so but the same basic set-up with knee-high grass. To make things worse, the city and campus it sits on has told us not to cut the grass, they will when they have the funds.

I'm only here for 2 more weeks because of my job. I'll be back in Columbus Ga. then, there's no public course there, only a private course some friends and I have set up on some private hunting land. 16 discatcher sports and 2 skillshots. It's nicely designed and scratches the itch.

Good thing is, Columbus is only 1½ hour from Atlanta which has some great courses within a 50 mile circle.

I think billnchristy lives in or near Atl. too, I'm surprised I've never met him at one of the courses there.

Let me know when you're passing through or in the Atlanta area, I'll definitely meet up to play a few rounds at one of them. Redan and Lenora park are pretty close to each other, same with Central park and East Roswell.

Last edited:
OH, well that sucks. I don't make it to Georgia very often, wouldn't mind going though. Might have a road trip next month if the funds are right.

i've been saying it wrong all along

I'm only here for 2 more weeks because of my job. I'll be back in Columbus Ga. then, there's no public course there, only a private course some friends and I have set up on some private hunting land. 16 discatcher sports and 2 skillshots. It's nicely designed and scratches the itch.

Good thing is, Columbus is only 1½ hour from Atlanta which has some great courses within a 50 mile circle.

I think billnchristy lives in or near Atl. too, I'm surprised I've never met him at one of the courses there.

Let me know when you're passing through or in the Atlanta area, I'll definitely meet up to play a few rounds at one of them. Redan and Lenora park are pretty close to each other, same with Central park and East Roswell.

If you're going to be living on the SouthWest side of Atlanta, look for an opportunity to play the Flyboy private course in Whitesburg. It's absolutely the bomb, maybe the best layout in Georgia, though still a bit rough around the edges.

And yes, BillnChristy do live in metro Atlanta, though the far opposite side of Atlanta from Columbus.

Tying back into the purpose of the thread, when Climo and Feldberg were in town for the Atlanta Open, and they did a couple of clinics together around town, Feldberg just called him "Champ." When somebody that good calls you "Champ," you know you're at the top of your sport. :)

Feldberg just called him "Champ." When somebody that good calls you "Champ," you know you're at the top of your sport. :)

Just in case the all those National Championship and World Championship wins didn't clue him in?

=-)

If you're going to be living on the SouthWest side of Atlanta, look for an opportunity to play the Flyboy private course in Whitesburg. It's absolutely the bomb, maybe the best layout in Georgia, though still a bit rough around the edges.

I've lived in Columbus Ga. all my life, I'll be back there within 2 weeks.

I have yet to play that course, can't wait though, 1600 ft. hole, haha sounds awesome.

Latest posts