• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Club Communication

What is the main means in which your club communicates to it's membership?

• Club Web site

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Club Group Faceboook page

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • Third-party Forum

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Flyers, posters, txt messages, phone, word of mouth

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The club I'm in uses mass e-mails to communicate. It's not a huge club, but it's effective and we get a pretty solid turnout based on the number of active members at each event. We also use posters taped to picnic tables at courses in the area to try and pull in new people.

TCP is the local group here in the Raleigh, NC area. They communicate well. I just don't participate in any club events because I'm a lone wolf that prepares on the course alone until it is time to hunt (PDGA tournament). Not really a lone wolf....more like a Ronin. Taught by other skilled players early on in the ways of the disc golf arts. Now I roam alone slaying others that stand in my way of Advanced division domination. But TCP goes through Facebook for the most part.

Our club is currently leaning heavily on Facebook, for better and worse.

The best formula is to not rely on a single method, but have a good website, email and/or text messages, and Facebook. Otherwise, you're leaving out a segment of members.

Thanks for the replies thus far. If only considering tournament communications, if there were a Facebook or stand-alone app for minis, local events, regional, even national use, what would features would be desired?

Thanks for the replies thus far. If only considering tournament communications, if there were a Facebook or stand-alone app for minis, local events, regional, even national use, what would features would be desired?

During the event or info about the event ie 'Registration opens at 8 PM this Thursday.'

During the event an app with push notifications is the best IE GBO. I'm not even going to the GBO and I downloaded the app because it shows other events that it is a viable option and worth the time. They can look and see The GBO had 950 registered people and of that 700 people downloaded an app for it. I wouldn't think those numbers would be that far off either, 73% adoption for a tourney that is nearly full 5 months out .
For getting information out about the event I would think Facebook or email would be the better choice.

Thankfully mostly the club website & forums. I hope it stays this way as it sure beats facebook groups.

Disc Golf Scene, very active in this area.

Pretty much what all the local clubs use here. If you want people to know about your tourneys, that's where to post it. Also allows players to pre-reg and pay for events, which makes it very popular with TD's and league presidents.

Last edited:
Huge in much of the world, but hasn't quite caught on yet here in 'Murica.

(Apparently it has too many problems and can be hacked easily, so no thank you)

Funny how you talk about security concerns with whattsapp. "hacking" is not so much a problem as that the company gave and still gives all their data to the NSA.

Which facebook and all major email providers are doing too, so I dont see how whattsapp has a (more concerning) security problem than any other means of electronic messaging mentioned here.

Latest posts