• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Colossus

I feel like everyone has a point of diminishing returns on rims width. Mine appears to be at the Tern. While I have thrown light Kings a long way, they are so flippy as to be not worth throwing during rounds. None of the US 13 speed discs are longer than Terns for me. I can even get some X Nukes and Star Katanas to fly with a nice little turn than some fade. Neither go farther than my Terns. I can't see me buying a Colossus right now, but will certainly be paying attention.

Thanks for posting the stats on the long drive comp. My thoughts exactly. So I think we can reasonable agree a 500 foot golf line is about as long as the elite players are going to get.

A big run up 360 is definitely going to add more distance. I would say dave would have been lucky to break 525 off the tee..

Anyhow, sorry to diverge lets talk about discs!

I feel like everyone has a point of diminishing returns on rims width. Mine appears to be at the Tern. While I have thrown light Kings a long way, they are so flippy as to be not worth throwing during rounds. None of the US 13 speed discs are longer than Terns for me. I can even get some X Nukes and Star Katanas to fly with a nice little turn than some fade. Neither go farther than my Terns. I can't see me buying a Colossus right now, but will certainly be paying attention.

I'm right there with you on the Tern. My fieldwork has been in marginal conditions but I think the Colossus is going to be consistently longer for Tern throwers.

I'm right there with you on the Tern. My fieldwork has been in marginal conditions but I think the Colossus is going to be consistently longer for Tern throwers.

Absolutely. I definitely think the Colossus has the potential to be my farthest flying disc. Can't say for sure until it warms up around here but I was getting an extra 15-20 feet over my Destroyers the other day. I think Tern throwers are gonna like it. My max wt Colossus is pretty stable so maybe a lighter weight one would be better for some. I didn't think I would ever get more distance out of any disc that was decently stable but the Colossus has delivered.

Totally agree on the diminishing returns. I just wonder where the pros's such point will be.

Mine is at the Tern, and otherwise Speed 11 (Krait) is it for me.

I'm a small guy but can get a good grip on the 14 speeds and can get them out to the same distance as my Terns and Destroyers. But I know I could blow it past them if the new 14 speeds were available in the 140 -150 gram weights like my Terns and Destroyers.

I'm a small guy but can get a good grip on the 14 speeds and can get them out to the same distance as my Terns and Destroyers. But I know I could blow it past them if the new 14 speeds were available in the 140 -150 gram weights like my Terns and Destroyers.

Yeah, I'll wait until I can find one in the 150s before I purchase.

Picked up a Colossus this weekend...
BUT this was the first disc I have ever bought NEW that had the ProtoStar. I might not be able to go throw it because...

SO I am waiting on a more durable blend (Champ) to pick up a thrower.

Played a round with a guy yesterday who had one. He bought it used, and I have no idea what sort of use it had prior to purchase. Anyway, this guy has the same power as I do(350-380), and he was throwing it the way he usually throws a Tern or Daedelus. It flipped up, turned, then always came back with the exception of one throw where the wind was too strong. He was just trying to get used to it and didn't know it would react that way on that shot. Looks to be his new longest disc. I won't go out of my way to get one, but if I decide to place an order, I'll add it.

Well that is interesting. If it isn't overly beefy for that range of power, I'll have to pick one up. Do you know what weight he had?

Well that is interesting. If it isn't overly beefy for that range of power, I'll have to pick one up. Do you know what weight he had?

It was in the 160s, but can't recall exact number. The rim looked bubbly like Blizzard and some of the lighter Stars that have been coming out.

My 170 Colossus is like a longer star Tern. My 175 is much more stable like a poppy dome stiff champ Tern. After the 170 Colossus flips up it just keeps going.

Tried one this weekend. Not longer than the term for me but I suppose I need more testing.

Comparing it to stable glow terns by the way.

My buddy and I both just bought one. His is heavier than mine(max weight) mine is 171. His flies like a faster longer tern. Mine is beefy. The fade is really aggressive, it skips a mile. At full power I have been able to get some huge rips. I am optimistic when it breaks in a bit this disc will be amazing. Not sure why mine is so different, not terribly domey or anything

Latest posts