• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colour-coding my bag?

Shapers

Par Member
I'm wondering if I should colour-code my bag. This is both for it to look good, and for me to have a system to make it easier to remember what discs I have to use at each throw. I've got no idea about how I'm goin to do it, so I need some suggestions from you guys!

I won't buy completely new discs, I'll just do my best to make new discs fit the pattern!

I've attached two examples of ways to do it.

Attachments

• Fargekode 2.PNG
    Fargekode 2.PNG
    2.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Fargekode 3.PNG
    Fargekode 3.PNG
    2.1 KB · Views: 62
I'm wondering if I should colour-code my bag. This is both for it to look good, and for me to have a system to make it easier to remember what discs I have to use at each throw. I've got no idea about how I'm goin to do it, so I need some suggestions from you guys!
I have never heard of this as a problem. I'm not sure if your "method" will help or even matter.

Good luck! :\

Agree with Jay. Unless you're carrying 95 discs I don't see how remembering what's in there would be an issue. As an aesthetic exercise, knock yourself out - probably a ton of possibilities.

My problem is that I sometimes seem to forget that I have more than one disc that can make it to the basket. I was just hoping to deal with this problem by making a way om reminding my self of all my possibilities and make my bag look better at the same time. I was basically hoping for some tips from someone who allready has colour-coded their bag, for what-ever reason that is!

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade, I just thought the initial color chart would lead to more confusion for me personally. Obviously, if something works for you, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it.

Personally, I choose disc colors that I like, which sometimes can make things difficult enough when shopping. Trying to pigeonhole it even further would probably frustrate me.

And I organize my bag by speed and stability within that speed range. So from left to right...
S-PD (most overstable)
S-PD (stable to slightly overstable)
P-PD (stable to understable)
DX Valkyrie (understable)

Champ Firebird (I classify this as a fairway, and those above as control drivers)
Champ Teebird
Star Teebird
G* Teebird
Opto River

You get the idea.

No problem at all! I just want feeback :)
I've been organizing my bag in order of speed by having the lowest speed to the left and highest to the right. And if I've got more than on at the same speed, like my Rocs, I try to put them in order after stability. I suppose I could try to not care too much for the speed, and just go for sections with mids, and then have they sorted after stability.

Like this with my mids:
Left to right:
CG Gator - Stable Roc - Stable Roc3 - Sligthly stable Roc - Straight Roc - Flippy Roc3

Right now they are like this:
Speed 4: Stable Roc - Slightly stable Roc - Straight Roc
Speed 5: CG Gator - Stable Roc3 - Flippy Roc3

Do you understand how I'm thinking?

Edit: Isn't this how you do it? :)

That sounds confusing to me. What I've learned to do that I've been working or is take out all of my different molds, and learn to help make disc perform different shots. Take your disc, add a little anny or hyzer, and see if it is capable of taking out some of the other disc in your bag.

No problem at all! I just want feeback :)
I've been organizing my bag in order of speed by having the lowest speed to the left and highest to the right. And if I've got more than on at the same speed, like my Rocs, I try to put them in order after stability. I suppose I could try to not care too much for the speed, and just go for sections with mids, and then have they sorted after stability.

Like this with my mids:
Left to right:
CG Gator - Stable Roc - Stable Roc3 - Sligthly stable Roc - Straight Roc - Flippy Roc3

Right now they are like this:
Speed 4: Stable Roc - Slightly stable Roc - Straight Roc
Speed 5: CG Gator - Stable Roc3 - Flippy Roc3

Do you understand how I'm thinking?

Edit: Isn't this how you do it? :)

I get what you're saying, but you're segregating every speed and I'm doing speed ranges.

Control Drivers (speeds 9-11)
Fairway Drivers (speeds 7-9)
Mids (speeds 4-6)
Putters

I consider my Firebird a fairway driver, even though it's a speed 9, because it's FAF and won't go that far. Also the Star Wraith spent time in a pond and is freakishly overstable. More utility and sidearm for me.

I put two Zero Med Pures and a Champ Rhyno in my Grip A quiver, then left to right in the main:

CDs: Star Wraith / S-PD / S-PD / P-PD / DX Valk
FDs: Firebird / Ch TB / Star TB / G* TB / River
Mids: Roc3 / KC Roc / Fuse
Putter: Opto Pure

I get what you're saying, but you're segregating every speed and I'm doing speed ranges.

Control Drivers (speeds 9-11)
Fairway Drivers (speeds 7-9)
Mids (speeds 4-6)
Putters

I consider my Firebird a fairway driver, even though it's a speed 9, because it's FAF and won't go that far. Also the Star Wraith spent time in a pond and is freakishly overstable. More utility and sidearm for me.

I put two Zero Med Pures and a Champ Rhyno in my Grip A quiver, then left to right in the main:

CDs: Star Wraith / S-PD / S-PD / P-PD / DX Valk
FDs: Firebird / Ch TB / Star TB / G* TB / River
Mids: Roc3 / KC Roc / Fuse
Putter: Opto Pure

Yes, right now I'm segregating each speed, but I'm thinking of doing like you and segregate only CDs, FDs, Mids and putters. It might just be my writing that put you off, sorry for that! English is my second language :)

My bag in your style:

Drivers: Rampage / Ch Beast / Star Beast / Pro Beast / Star Roadrunner (don't really use it tho..)
Fairway: Ch Firebird / Pro Firebird / Ch TB / Ch TL
Mid: CG Gator / OS DX Roc / OS Ch Roc3 / Beat DX Roc x2 / Flippy Ch Roc3
Putter: McPro Aviar (2nd putter) / Opto Pure (getting kicked out by my Envy when it arrives!)

Feel free to comment my disc selection if you sant to! :)

When Axiom has a bigger line up or if Innova releases more overmolds, you could code for stability by rim colour and speed by flight plate colour (or vice-versa).

That sounds confusing to me. What I've learned to do that I've been working or is take out all of my different molds, and learn to help make disc perform different shots. Take your disc, add a little anny or hyzer, and see if it is capable of taking out some of the other disc in your bag.

I've got too many flaws in my form right now to perform that kind of a test! I'm going to do it when I'm a bit more consistent! :)

As most of my rounds are closer to dusk I found out how easy it is to lose blue discs in the open when in the woods. Started finding out pink is the only color I find easily. Now most of my throwers are pink.

My bag tends toward color coding, altho I don't worry for putting putters. US Mids are Blue, US Fairways are Yellow. OS Mids and Fairways (I don't have many) are Red or Pink generally. Orange is discs that are generally stable.

I try to avoid white discs b/c playing in the snow w/white discs sucks, but right now my bag has all my mids on one side and my fairways on the other. One side is all blue and a couple of white, the other side is all red and yellow mostly.

No greens and no whites, altho those white discs are a Gator and a super beat Shark. I'm working on breaking in a shark that can drift right the way it does and teh Gator I just wanted to try the disc so I didn't bother worrying too much about color as it was used. If I decide to keep it in my bag, I will probably find a red one. Altho there is a nice pink Star Gator at the local shop :)

I've got too many red discs together in my bag. A red Star Teebird Pro Gazelle and DX Leopard, separated only by a yellow Pro Leopard. First world problems, for sure.

Latest posts