• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

MJ says the new Icon LE swirl esp comets are very similar to the '19's

on a side note: I saw that Discraft is back to producing the X Stratus. perhaps there's hope for X Comets....?

The 19s were good but the 18s were the best...I would love if they made X Comets again. The two I have left are quite old and fairly beat - might not have much time left.

The 19s were good but the 18s were the best...I would love if they made X Comets again. The two I have left are quite old and fairly beat - might not have much time left.

Thanks for that, I was trying to remember which one I liked!! I thought it was the 18's..

I'm down a metallic Z, somewhere around 3 in my yard.. It's driving me nuts haha. Must have slipped into some rocks.

Yeah they should do more X comets, I'm glad I have a stash of the elite X..

did anyone get their hands on these yet? I can't even find where to order them from

I ordered 2 on the 22nd, didn't get a tracking number until today, and even then it won't work. I called Discraft and they said there's been an issue with the tracking numbers changing due to different errors, but the guy I talked to assured me they should get to me by next Tuesday or Wednesday. He did say that they look and feel awesome, so I'll definitely be tossing them sometime next week and updating here.

Marshall Street and OTB have some ESP's and Big Z's listed. Most if not all 177+ weights

did anyone get their hands on these yet? I can't even find where to order them from
Ordered, but none in hand.

https://www.discraft.com/mj-esp-swi...johansen?returnurl=/mj-esp-swirl-tour-series/

Can't choose color or weight; the hotstamp screams 1995 so why not make the ordering options match, eh?

*for real used to order golf discs from a catalog with no way to specify color*

My daughter and I debated waiting to see if any pop up later on a site that would give better color/weight descriptions, but after we decided to wait she read some post by MJ on social media that said something like "This will be your only chance to order" and she pulled the trigger. I guess I owe her money now. How the tables have turned...

Last edited:
Ordered, but none in hand.

https://www.discraft.com/mj-esp-swi...johansen?returnurl=/mj-esp-swirl-tour-series/

Can't choose color or weight; the hotstamp screams 1995 so why not make the ordering options match, eh?

*for real used to order golf discs from a catalog with no way to specify color*

My daughter and I debated waiting to see if any pop up later on a site that would give better color/weight descriptions, but after we decided to wait she read some post by MJ on social media that said something like "This will be your only chance to order" and she pulled the trigger. I guess I owe her money now. How the tables have turned...

Dock her for stolen discs... you owe me, do you know how many of my discs you stole? Wait until after its in your hands though.

That is a very awesome stamp!!!!!!! Worthy of an icon.

Dock her for stolen discs... you owe me, do you know how many of my discs you stole? Wait until after its in your hands though.

That is a very awesome stamp!!!!!!! Worthy of an icon.
It's gotten worse. Right now we have a crew of four that play twice a week. Comet-stealing daughter has come a long way and basically has a bag full of discs she bought at this point. The other two in the crew inherited her "I stole this disc from my dad" discs. :\ One of the two is my other daughter so no biggie, but the other is just rando dude friend who likes to frolf. He keeps trying to finesse a Harp, and I keep telling him "You can't do that, you have to throw a Harp hard". Tuesday he was like "How do you know so much about throwing a Harp?" and I was like "Dude...that's MY Harp." :|

He did just buy his own Aviar so I can get the Aviar back from him. I can be nice an all, but it's a good Aviar. There has to be a line. :|

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what would be considered the most coveted Comet?

That's a pretty subjective answer for a disc that has been in production for so long.

Personally, I think that the blue Z Ron Russel Comets are *the* collector disc to get. 2018 MJ Tour series and 1R LE ESP Comets being the most sought after throwers.

Just out of curiosity, what would be considered the most coveted Comet?

Maybe the Ron Russell Comets?

russellcomet.jpg

What Victor B said with the addition of elite X comets as throwers. Took me a while to find a couple and they are amazing throwers, they are better than i remember and I like them more than my early run esps and that's saying something.

That's a pretty subjective answer for a disc that has been in production for so long.

Personally, I think that the blue Z Ron Russel Comets are *the* collector disc to get. 2018 MJ Tour series and 1R LE ESP Comets being the most sought after throwers.

Okay, to rephrase then; what are some of the most sought out Comets - for both collectors and throwers?

Okay, to rephrase then; what are some of the most sought out Comets - for both collectors and throwers?

Just Google the most expensive comet that out of those 3 and you will find your answer I think.

I'm guessing the first run esp is probably the most valuable. But it's harder to distinguish from the other 3 (4?) Runs of pfn ESP's, so the '18 MJ might be the safest bet if one was spending some fun money.

I haven't thrown a RR but I feel like elite X is probably a similar ride.