• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
jasondiscer84 said:
glo Z comets on dynamic discs, i think they are like 40 bucks

yep, unfortunately I really can't justify $40 for a disc that probably flies just like a $15 disc. at least DGV sells limited run plastic at reasonable prices.

It'l fly a little different. As most glo runs do.

Victor I understand where you're coming from on not wanting to pay 40 for a comet, but it seems like the market is out there. Those things went fast and I didn't even get one!

I bet half the people who bought em dnt even throw em. I bet collectors scooped up alot to hoard . I know that was my intention when i got those 1st run z glos in october

Trey133 said:

Victor I understand where you're coming from on not wanting to pay 40 for a comet, but it seems like the market is out there. Those things went fast and I didn't even get one!

I'd say they don't fly different enough from nice domey Zs to justify the extra $25. I've thrown the glows, and old DGLO sparkle Zs, still don't think they are worth that much.

It would be really hard to judge the market for people who actually really want to throw these at that price, I'd think. Sell 'em for $20 - ya know, since glow Z plastic goes fora touch less than that anyway - and I'm sure they would find the market to be much bigger than the people that buy them at $40.

Then again, that's probably why I'm not a businessman...

ferretdance03 said:
He (Nate Krahn) was throwing a Z Comet a lot in a tourney round yesterday, but told me he was still in the testing stages with it. Most midrange shots were with a Zone.

What is it with the 1000+ rated folks always throwing way stable plastic? I have a zone and love it, but it isn't my workhorse. Another case in point is Will Schusterick ....my buddy caddied for him and he said that Will threw the Xcal a lot.

Trey133 said:

I think there are more up now. When i checked on thurs there was 1 left, then I went back on Fri. and there were 11. I wonder if that is done intentionally to make you panic a little and pull the trigger on the purchase thinking you won't get a second chance.... that said I bought 2.

I'm thinking they should go for $40 on ebay if I ever decide to get rid of them.

Frank Delicious said:
Have you hooked a person on the comet lately?

Can I count myself. I revisited the Z Comet recently and it makes me wonder why the hell I ever left them. Bye Bye Fuse and welcome back home Comet 8)

disc junkie said:
Frank Delicious said:

Can I count myself. I revisited the Z Comet recently and it makes me wonder why the hell I ever left them. Bye Bye Fuse and welcome back home Comet 8)

What is it that you like so much about the Z-Comet over the Fuse? I love the Comet, but my buddy LOVES his fuse.

I had put the comet away recently because it's been particularly windy here in central Iowa. We had pretty low winds today so I thought I'd take it out and give it a go. On the 7th hole there is a river running all along the right side. As I said I had not thrown the Comet for awhile so I overcooked it a bit and it drifted right on me, but I never saw or heard it go into the water. So I walked up the bank looking for any sign of it. All of a sudden there is a goose no more than 8 feet from me hissing at me with it's wings spread wide protecting it's nest. Scared the piss out of me and I swore at the top of my lungs and nearly lost my footing. I was not meant to find that Comet.

I never knew the great power of the comet until I got hooked up with some ESP's. Absolutely perfect for this mold!

Definitely not surprised

Sean40474 said:
disc junkie said:
Frank Delicious said:

What is it that you like so much about the Z-Comet over the Fuse? I love the Comet, but my buddy LOVES his fuse.

Don't get me wrong I still like the fuse a lot. I've got a sweet ace with one and numerous metal hits and fairway dropins.

However I never totally felt comfortable with the rim config on the fuse and the comet just sits in my hand perfect. Also lately I've been preferring the slower action of the comet. The fuse is a good bit faster than the comet which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I've found I have better precision with the comet.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

disc junkie said:
Sean40474 said:
disc junkie said:
Frank Delicious said:

Don't get me wrong I still like the fuse a lot. I've got a sweet ace with one and numerous metal hits and fairway dropins.

However I never totally felt comfortable with the rim config on the fuse and the comet just sits in my hand perfect. Also lately I've been preferring the slower action of the comet. The fuse is a good bit faster than the comet which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I've found I have better precision with the comet.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

It is funny you say that as I've heard people leaving the Comet for the same reason.

Latest posts