• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coming out of retirement from 2011

Stetz

Bogey Member
I haven't played regularly/competitively since the 2011 Amateur World Championships here in Rochester, NY. I moved out of town, and just never got back into playing. Recently I decided I wanted to get back into the game, but I haven't purchased a disc since like 2008. So, here's what's in my bag - if you were to update it with new molds, what would they be?

Drivers:

old *D star destroyer
1st run lat64 saints
1st run lat64 rivers

Mids:

2002-2004 mold Z Wasps
2008 mold X/ESP Comets
2008 mold SE Z/FLX Drone

Putters:

2008 mold SS Wizards
2008 mold FLX Challengers (Driving/upshot putters)

I carry multiple of each molds in different levels of wear to cover different shot selections.

I don't have the arm I used to, so I'm going to be playing more finesse/shot selection type golf this go around. Any recommendations for an old veteran newbie?

Maybe go out and throw them to see what shots you're missing? Report back and that might lead to more helpful suggestions. Off the top I see a need for an overstable fairway. Overstable approach discs are also the rage.

Welcome back and best of luck!

I'd do work with that bag tbh. Play a few rounds or do some field work I guess, but they didn't reinvent the wheel (disc). They just made wheels (discs) more expensive, and exclusive, and max weight. They do have Prettier stamps and really long, random names though. So there's that...

Latest posts