• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Congrats, Hysell!

kevinp

Just wanted to say a congrats here to Chris Hysell (chrishysell)...I saw on FB that he won in the Open division at a tourney in VA over the weekend. Way to go, Chris!
:thmbup: :hfive:

From the Discraft disc golf page:

Discraft said:
Around the Tour: Oct 3

Chris Hysell Chris Hysell of VA isn't 21 anymore. Or 31. Or even 41. With a PDGA number as low as 7382, he's been around the course a few times. In fact, the last time he regularly competed in the Open division was 2004, yet this past weekend he rolled into the B-tier in Charlottesville, VA like the ODGG (that's Original Disc Golf Gangster) to show dozens of pro youngsters how it is done. Hysell won by a critical putt over Erik Smith, who took 2nd. No word on whether Hysell was napping through the awards...

I was lucky enough to meet, hang out, play, and buy some disc's from Chris the day before the Tournament at the 2011 Mid-Atlantic Meet at Hawk Hollow. He spent some time after the second round to give us some pointers and techniques on grips and driving. He is a really cool guy and I can not wait to meet up with him again.

Congrats Chris! Way to show those youngsters how it is done!

Latest posts