• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Congrats Paige Pierce, Women's Pro Rookie of the Year

Team D's Paige Pierce of Plano, Texas wins the PDGA Female Rookie of the Year: With a dominating performance in 2010, Paige pretty much had the honor wrapped up by Worlds. Her stats were so good for her pro rookie season that she just missed making it as one of the top seven finalists for the Female Player of the Year award.

The award will be presented in August at Pro Worlds in Santa Cruz. Congrats!

http://www.discraft.com/team_pierce.html

team_pierce06.jpg

My first ever tournament I played Rec at the Shawshank course in Huntsville, TX (coincidentally the course of the day). I thought I was pretty cool stuff as I won my card in the first round. The second round I was on top card with one other adult, and two teenagers. A 12 year old boy who threw only sidearm, and a 13-14 year old girl who out threw me by 100 feet. Needless to say, it didn't take very long for my ego to get in check.

Obviously, the girl was Paige, and it was pretty easy to tell that she was destined for success. Congrats, and keep kicking butt.

For those of you who haven't seen her play before, she WILL be a future FPO world champion, and once she captures that crown, it may be tough to take from her!

I remember watching her play and being very impressed (don't remember where that was though...). Good job girl, she's got a future ahead of her.

I looked at her profile on the discraft site, looks like she started playing when she was 5. It really seems to make a huge difference to start that young and grow up throwing. Congrats Paige!

she was at the Ultra Glide last year (the Canadian Championship this year)
at least I'm pretty sure she was

I think she putts like Feldberg

3 touches of left hand to right shoulder while lining up the putt

Latest posts