• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cool local disc golf story in my local news paper

Anytime the media treats disc golf respectfuly I think its cool.

nice little article. is there a list somewhere of the il. state course rankings?
good to see some il. course recognition.

"It's not easy, designing a course," Nettles said. "There's lots of people out there who think they are designing, but they are not."

Q
F
T
!

nice little article. is there a list somewhere of the il. state course rankings?
good to see some il. course recognition.

Here's the six courses with a 4+ rating in Illinois according to DGCR. According to that, looks like Northwoods is the second highest rated in the state, I don't think that's where I'd put it in my personal rankings.

Northwoods is on my favorite courses list. I love it because it does offer a complete variety of shots all in one location. I wish the USWDGC would come back to Peoria. I miss having the opportunity to play Northwoods and McNaughton.

The article mentions he designed a course in Galesburg. I went to school there. :cool:

right on! it's a pretty decent course...i don't go there much cause galesburg's gotten a little seedy....

Ha, it was seedy back in the late 90's early 00's, too.