• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Address

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
People:
If you have a local course listed on here, just take the time to put an address to the course or park in the address line. It takes a minute. I dont know how many courses I have had to research because there is no address or it is incomplete like "Main St., Boise ID ((made this up))"

Also course directions here are generally poor, like they are from the local perspective. Make sure you think about people traveling that 1. dont know your city. 2. arent carrying a local map. Finally, don't use abbreviations. Don't say Right on Hess at the FloShack if it is actually right on North Hessney Avenue just past Flower's Seafood and Crab Shack...just because locals call them that.

Probably 30 times I've only been able to key in "a street" gleaned from the incoherent rambling directions and get close on some 10 mile long road. Good directions are especially needed when people don't tell you things like, Robbin's Park Disc Golf Course is at the Westmoreland Athletic Complex NOT the neighboring Robbins Park. <--- that is a jab at me!

Correct address for public courses are a must. Not too hard to do.

I won't put private course addresses on here or the net though. Pm or text only. I had a guy drive up and down my neighborhood for a couple hrs using the general info of the area that's on here. He was supposed to play a tourney here and I thought I gave him the addy already. He should have called or texted me when I gave everyone my number. Next time.

Great idea... I will try my best make sure my local courses are accurate per the OP.
I've been led astray by GPS coords on a few occasions.

Great idea... I will try my best make sure my local courses are accurate per the OP.
I've been led astray by GPS coords on a few occasions.

Yup, GPS coordinates are great.....sometimes. More than once, I have been taken down a tiny road to the back side of the park, looking at the first tee through a fence 30 yards away, the park entrance being God only knows where.

Thank you, OP!

I agree wholeheartedly that addy trumps coordinates, every time! With addy you can still GPS it; with coordinates, good luck finding it if you've only got a map.

I constantly find myself googling park addresses for longer roadtrip prep and it quickly gets annoying.

Those of you who will probably tell me to just use a GPS and the coordinates: good luck navigating successfully in the post-apocalypse. :p :p

A lot of parks don't have a mailing address. The nearest cross streets are the only option in some cases.

A lot of parks don't have a mailing address. The nearest cross streets are the only option in some cases.

Then just describe where the park entrance is relative to cross streets...

"Park entrance is on the south side of Square Lake Rd, half mile west of Crooks Road."

I am almost always taken to the wrong place if I use park addresses. So now I always use the Lat/Long. I have only had one or two problems with this in 4+ years, and that is usually more to do with my non updated maps lol.

And include that street address as well. If GPS can get me to within a quarter mile of the park, I can do the rest from there.

Also course directions here are generally poor, like they are from the local perspective.

Amen to that. It's not 1978 anymore, so we can get more accurate directions from this here interweb.

This was my favorite confusing/WTF directions listed for a course. It's for White Oak in Winnsboro, SC, which is about halfway between Charlotte and Columbia. Being between two major cities, the directions to the course should be for the interstate (I-77) that connects the two cities (where the majority of players would be travelling) . Instead, you get this classic:
From the Upstate (Anderson/Greenville/Spartanburg) -
Take I-26 East toward Columbia. Get off at Newberry/Winnsboro exit 74 (SC 34) and take a left at stop sign. Go approximately 35 miles to Winnsboro (US 321). Turn left onto 321 and travel about 6 miles to White Oak. Turn right at sign and continue approximately 3/10 mile and turn right onto Mobley Hwy. White Oak Conference Center is 1/2 mile on left.​

I agree that an address should be entered whenever possible and cross roads should be added when an address doesn't exist. But I don't think we should be including random addresses in the course directions if they are not affiliated with the course.

You said to put the address of the nearest cross roads. Addresses are assigned when an occupied structure is built on a property. You won't find an address for a piece of vacant land.

Is the state of Wisconsin completely farmland? Even in rural areas in this part of the country, it's easy to get GPS directions very close to any course I've played.

Last edited:
I can tell you between the no address on DGCR and Apple Maps, finding courses in Iowa was a pain in the arse. Think it was 4-5 courses that landed me pretty close but not where I needed to be. Thankfully the hand written directions entered by the members were pretty darn good and I was able to pull them up once Apple had me on the wrong side of the park or in somebody's driveway.

I am almost always taken to the wrong place if I use park addresses. So now I always use the Lat/Long. I have only had one or two problems with this in 4+ years, and that is usually more to do with my non updated maps lol.

The reason I upgraded to a smart phone was the "map location" function (uses the lat/long coordinates), with one click it brings up google maps and I'm on my way. In nearly 1200 courses a combination of this and the written directions has gotten me there 99.9% of the time. I can only remember one course that was listed with lat/long that was so far off that it took me more than 10 minutes of searching around to find it (this course also happens to top the list of "worst courses" I've played).

Latest posts