• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Conditions

I've found weather.com to be less accurate than some others, I'm not sure what site Tim is sourcing the weather from.

I've found weather.com to be less accurate than some others, I'm not sure what site Tim is sourcing the weather from.

The icons look like the ones that NOAA uses. A lot of other weather sites rely on information from NOAA, so this just bypasses the middleman. It's where I generally go for all of my weather info and it tends to be pretty accurate.

weather.com is awful.

edit: actually if you click on the forecast it takes you to the source, Weather Underground. Another source that is far better than weather.com.

Ive never found weather.com to be far off. No more than your average morning weatherman (which doesnt say much)

still shows mostly sunny, temp is about the same, but the rain is showed at night. maybe weather underground just uses one icon for the whole day? regardless, thanks for the insight guys

The icons look like the ones that NOAA uses. A lot of other weather sites rely on information from NOAA, so this just bypasses the middleman. It's where I generally go for all of my weather info and it tends to be pretty accurate.

weather.com is awful.

edit: actually if you click on the forecast it takes you to the source, Weather Underground. Another source that is far better than weather.com.

Weather.com bought Weather Underground a year or two ago. Not much has changed since the transition of ownership though, so looks like the WUnderground guys are still doing their thing.

Last edited:
The course page weather has been fairly accurate for me.

Weather is sourced from the NOAA. I've found it to be fairly accurate most of the time.

Glad to see everyone likes my suggestion to include the weather widget. :)

There's something off in the way the site is sourcing weather data. Looks like the icon and description for days two and three are being pulled from that evening's weather rather than the day's.

There's something off in the way the site is sourcing weather data. Looks like the icon and description for days two and three are being pulled from that evening's weather rather than the day's.

thats what I felt in regards to saturday in crown point, In. You sir, are much wiser with your words

Tis the season!

UPDATE COURSES AS YOU PLAY THEM'

721.jpg

It's a legit resurrection, I already updated two courses just today.

I actually update course conditions most of the time (unless it's just like the existing comment), because I think it helps me pick a course to play in an evening after work. It would be frustrating to drive a ways only to find out the course is flooded or if holes are blocked because of an event at the park... If they're kept really current (and you check how old the info is), course condition updates are really nice. :thmbup:

One more thought on conditions: It would be ideal if we were able to update conditions to a different date in the past (like a few weeks). That way if we didn't do it on the same day as played, it would be the most accurate reflection of current conditions.

It's a legit resurrection, I already updated two courses just today.

oddly enough I bumped this exactly one year from the last post.. lol

used the updated conditions today and played my first round of 2014 thanks to a update which was on point as of yesterday'

One more thought on conditions: It would be ideal if we were able to update conditions to a different date in the past (like a few weeks). That way if we didn't do it on the same day as played, it would be the most accurate reflection of current conditions.
The point of the course conditions is for them to be current, not a week in the past. Is the course still flooded from yesterday's torrents? Has the grass been recently mowed or is it still knee high? Maybe a storm went through last night and some trees are down... After a week or so, stuff like this has probably changed.

Latest posts