• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Conditions

A date, automatically inserted in the course conditions box, would be nice.

We use it at Stoney Hill as the conditions change, usually as a result of mowing (or not mowing). From October-April the conditions hardly change, other than very temporary weather-related conditions (muddy after a big rain, etc.).

rather see this feature disabled....it just causes misinformation

how? it provides UPDATED information as close as possible without being at the course. If people used it like could be then it would be even better than it is now. I find myself updating my own conditions regularly :|

and it does give a date in there when last updated so its pretty easy to figure out.

how? it provides UPDATED information as close as possible without being at the course. If people used it like could be then it would be even better than it is now. I find myself updating my own conditions regularly :|

and it does give a date in there when last updated so its pretty easy to figure out.

Yeah, it is useful when updated recently. When it hasn't updated recently it is easy to see that it is old info and I can judge off of that. Oh, it is really muddy...last updated in April...I'm not worried.

I will always check course conditions before playing if they are available, and usually do an update that evening, if conditions were much different than the current update.

As for myself----I'm currently updating my condition right now! :D

Heading to Rolling Hills now... last updated 5/4, expect a fresh update this evening.
Hudson Mills tomorrow, Burchfield Sat.

It's pretty simple people:
1) You're already playing courses.
2) Next time you log onto DGCR (you already log on several times a week), be a responsible DGCR citizen and update the condition for any courses you played in the last few days. If someone beat you to it, you've "wasted" an entire 10 seconds navigating to that courses home page. If you reall want that time back, then walk a bit faster between holes... you'll make up that 10 sec and then some.

Even if everything's still same, just update and keep the current verbiage if it's still accurate. You're simply sating that those conditions were still applicable at a more recent date.

I has plastic to fling... later!

A date, automatically inserted in the course conditions box, would be nice.
:confused:
It is automatic - it displays the date you actually make the update (assumes you're updating the same day you played): Course Conditions as of MM/DD/YYYY.
You only have to enter a date if you update after the day you played.

Even if everything's still same, just update and keep the current verbiage if it's still accurate. You're simply sating that those conditions were still applicable at a more recent date.

I has plastic to fling... later!

this is really the simplest thing and i try to do it as much as possible.

you dont have to write a single word. if the conditions havent changed, and it has been over a week, its two clicks to keep the status up to date

So who's updating the entire east coast course conditions to: Muddy, Wet, and HURRICANE today?

and then changing it back to all's well on Sunday...

...not me...

it would be more for if anything happens to the courses as a result of the bad weather, not reporting the weather lol.

Seasonal update time!

Specially for courses in the north which get shoveled and cleared out from snow make sure you are noting the hard work on here...! People in the south I guess you can talk about how all the leaves are everywhere :| :p

TTT!

Still happily updating, and very appreciative of those who do the same. :thmbup:

I'm hoping to get out and bag some new courses once or twice a month, and everything new to me is a couple of hours away, so it's awesome to see if there's a current condition update, and the weather forecast helps soooo much! I can choose to go north, where I need to know if it's going to be windy in the plains, or south, where dry would be better in the hills. And knowing that that new, cool, private course in Louisville is temporarily unavailable sure is valuable info. Thanks for all who keep the data current!

Central KY is somewhat damp and very leafy. If anyone comes this way bring blues and pinks if you got em.

Seasonal update time!

Specially for courses in the north which get shoveled and cleared out from snow make sure you are noting the hard work on here...! People in the south I guess you can talk about how all the leaves are everywhere :| :p

TTT!

Ah, the snow of the south...leaves.

Update season is upon us... :D Things are drying out surprisingly well here in MN!

If you play a course, update the conditions' DO IT!

...you say to the guy that chooses to roll sans phone...:rolleyes:

Latest posts