• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course has 18 holes in the winter, 9 in the summer.

I'm guessing the park pulls or covers the baskets they don't want people playing in the summer?

You can select between different layouts in the DGCR scoring app. But are you saying that if the course has 18 holes, even if you select a 9-hole "layout" it thinks you are still playing only 9 out of 18 holes?

The more I think about it, I'm thinking that's correct from what I have seen. I had not thought of that angle yesterday.

What other stats don't count if I score "only 9 of 18 holes", besides the round rating?

pretty sure you cannot actually make a 9 hole layout on an 18 hole course. DGCR seems to set the "number of holes" field as one of the core identity markers for a listing and that number then auto-populates any field where it is relevant. the scorebook allows you to "skip" any hole on your scorecard but you can't do that on the hole info page when creating a layout.

i can't recall what other stats might be affected. it's been too long since i have used the scorebook.

even better if you could create new ones just by selecting from the preexisting holes in any of the other layouts.

i bet there are leagues that would appreciate this kind of feature, i'm sure tons of them do formats where they don't play the standard course layout, or mix shorts and longs

i bet there are leagues that would appreciate this kind of feature, i'm sure tons of them do formats where they don't play the standard course layout, or mix shorts and longs

This is correct. That's why leagues use Udisc for League/tourney layouts. Maps of hybrid holes with distances, pars etc. DGCR offers none of this. Standing Rocks is a great example of this. 33 holes broken down into 3 "loops". The east and west "loops" are 12 holes. The mid course is only 9 holes but facilitates jumping between the "loops" to make the course flow nicely. Udisc has Mid/west, Mid/east. etc. options.

DGCR app lets you select either the red or white layout. Both of which are 33 holes. Because the course is listed, on the site, as 33 holes. There aren't even "red" tees anymore. Those were only on the east "loop" anyway. The ideal play for Standing Rocks is to Start at Mid 1 and play thru Mid 6, then you jump over to play the East loop (12 holes), jump back over and play Mid "loop" holes 7-9, then just finish up on the west "loop".

Standing Rocks is listed as over 18 on here. Red basket on the course browse map. True. Scoring on the app is feasible, but it requires jumping from M6 to E1-E12, Then scrolling back to M7-M9, then finishing on the W1-12 loop. easy peasy ;)

Latest posts