• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses not found on dgcr

magictenor1

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I love this site and keep all my scores and stats here. I'm a long time member here. Lately it seems I'm seeing lots of new courses that are not listed here. Someone told me about an underground dg course south of st Louis but it's not listed here. Also just heard of a new course near where I live also not listed. Not too long ago I played a nice private course listed on udisc but not here and I got the owner to list it here. Are you guys seeing this trend?

The one by St. Louis is probably Crystal city underground, which hasn't been open for years last I'd heard.

You can add any courses to DGCR yourself. I've added a number of them myself. It's really easy to do.

If you look close, there are a lot of back yard courses on UDisc. By back yard, I actually mean someone's back yard. I've driven by UDisc 'courses' and discovered one (1!) portable basket sitting in a yard. I've discovered people who have listed their backyard course 5 times because they're too stupid to comprehend the edit button. I've discovered the same course listed twice in different locations because people don't know how to use the map option. I've discovered people creating imaginary layouts for courses in parks with the caveats of BYOB (bring your own basket). I've discovered numerous object courses people have created around their yards.

Are these the courses you're concerned about? In terms of full fledged, real 18-hole layouts, what you see on UDisc is about the same as what you see on DGCR.

...You can add any courses to DGCR yourself. I've added a number of them myself. It's really easy to do.

But please make sure the owner of any private course has given you permission to post their private course on DGCR. I don't think UDisc cares, but I believe TimG only wants courses posted that have owner approval.

But please make sure the owner of any private course has given you permission to post their private course on DGCR. I don't think UDisc cares, but I believe TimG only wants courses posted that have owner approval.

This. Most posters here are fairly discerning on what courses they add. Nothing will get a private course closed to casual play quicker than randos showing up unannounced or uninvited.

And with the "Course Ambassador" restriction on editing, uDisc has made it much harder for a casual course user to help out with updates and corrections. I find a ton of courses that clearly indicate they no longer exist - but not being an "ambassador" to that particular course, I can't remove it.

It feels like an unexpected result of uDisc trying to manage course updates better.

And with the "Course Ambassador" restriction on editing, uDisc has made it much harder for a casual course user to help out with updates and corrections. I find a ton of courses that clearly indicate they no longer exist - but not being an "ambassador" to that particular course, I can't remove it.

It feels like an unexpected result of uDisc trying to manage course updates better.

The ambassador function is useless. I've added courses, immediately realized I entered something wrong (basket type), tried to edit it within seconds, and still got the ambassador restriction notice. How can someone else be the ambassador if I just posted it?

The one by St. Louis is probably Crystal city underground, which hasn't been open for years last I'd heard.

You can add any courses to DGCR yourself. I've added a number of them myself. It's really easy to do.

I've also found a lot of legitimate courses on UDisc that aren't on here. It only helps this site to add those (with the owner's permission) and is easy to do. I've only added courses if I have played the course, or verified its worthwhile to add.

I haven't run into too many 1 Basket, or Object courses that I found on UDisc, but this will always be my favorite whenever I hear "UDisc is so much better".
https://udisc.com/courses/sheetz-gold-course-hn63
Yep, 1 basket next to a Sheetz parking lot, rated 4.9. :sick:

Too many of the UDisc "courses" are just someone's idea of spots where tees and targets could go in some park.

Yes, there is literally someone on our local page who believes any basket anywhere constitutes a "course". A school puts a practice basket out for gym class...that's a new course. I thought that was probably the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard until I actually looked around a bit thinking places that I knew had no courses must say it has a course because it has a basket somewhere...nope...I started finding literal open park fields listed as courses and someone had just said "throw from this square of sidewalk to hit this tree, now throw from this square to hit this tree"...all as you walk around a big rectangular field.

I've also found a lot of legitimate courses on UDisc that aren't on here. It only helps this site to add those (with the owner's permission) and is easy to do. I've only added courses if I have played the course, or verified its worthwhile to add.

I haven't run into too many 1 Basket, or Object courses that I found on UDisc, but this will always be my favorite whenever I hear "UDisc is so much better".
https://udisc.com/courses/sheetz-gold-course-hn63
Yep, 1 basket next to a Sheetz parking lot, rated 4.9. :sick:

I was prepared to be outraged, but this is actually hillarious!

This fairly nice 18 hole course about an hour south of Denver Ponderosa Pines (or Ponderosa Camp per udisc) is not listed here.

https://udisc.com/courses/ponderosa-camp-dgc-pDEx

When I got a chance to play it I asked the owner why he didnt have it listed on DGCR - and his response was that he didnt want random people dropping in since the course is only open to the public on limited days; yet the course is listed on Udisc. He was convinced the patrons of Udisc will observe the Private posting better than the folks of DGCR. that was surprising to me.

wish we could add the course here, then I would be at a nice round 250 played

So I have added roughly 150 courses to DGCR over the years and maybe around 60-70 over the last two years because of Udisc. I try to add courses only after I have played them and confirmed them. I just wish we had more people that would commit to an area and police their area. I try to police California, Nevada, and Arizona. I have roughly 15-20 courses on my radar to check before I add them but the journey makes it fun.
When I find a property marked on Udisc with a course and there is no course on it I immediately ask to be a course ambassador and mark other. In the comments I put there is no course and 95 percent of the time the course is deleted or I become an ambassador. I must be an ambassador to like 300 courses. There are exceptions like temp, object, an tourney courses that are headaches but its Udisc. Very flawed system in my opinion.
I just cant wait until my kids leave the nest and I move from California. I need new territory to conquer.

So I have added roughly 150 courses to DGCR over the years and maybe around 60-70 over the last two years because of Udisc. I try to add courses only after I have played them and confirmed them. I just wish we had more people that would commit to an area and police their area. I try to police California, Nevada, and Arizona. I have roughly 15-20 courses on my radar to check before I add them but the journey makes it fun.
When I find a property marked on Udisc with a course and there is no course on it I immediately ask to be a course ambassador and mark other. In the comments I put there is no course and 95 percent of the time the course is deleted or I become an ambassador. I must be an ambassador to like 300 courses. There are exceptions like temp, object, an tourney courses that are headaches but its Udisc. Very flawed system in my opinion.
I just cant wait until my kids leave the nest and I move from California. I need new territory to conquer.

I got ya covered in Louisiana, Lion. I keep those trash 1-basket and imaginary U-Disc courses far away from DGCR. On top of that I'm the sole DGCR reviewer for at least 7-8 Louisiana courses so people know what's real.

There's a handful of newer courses in our area the past 5 years. I don't own and didn't install them directly so I'm hesitant to add a course if I don't know all the info, limited area of use, restrictions or conditions brought upon the project. I don't want to be the one in charge or responsible for a course I have very little or if anything to do with. My hands are already full with other courses I'm in charge of

I have been doing my best to keep Texas and Oklahoma (as well as Arkansas) as accurate as possible.

i added 3 courses today and asked for one to be marked "Extinct"

But I agree, UDisc might be a good source for finding new courses, but it has SO many junk courses.

Latest posts