• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses you don't play because...

Valley View in Milwaukee, WI. It's really a decent course, especially for being tucked in the city. However, I value my car windows & locks too much to play there often. Sometimes I'll play a round when I've got the beater truck and there's nothing in it.

I've heard Dineen is similar...which is why it's the only metro Milwaukee course I haven't played (unless you could Mukwanago as metro).

Capaha Park in Cape Girardeau, MO. It is close to the local university and there tends to be a lot of players that will throw discs until they get the shot they want. Then the other members of the group proceed in the same manner. It is 10 holes. There is goose effluvia throughout the course. The park has a bit of a seedy atmosphere. You probably won't get mugged. Probably. Basket 1 has a well used basketball court to the left at around 200-250 feet, a side walk to the right, and you must throw across a busy road and a sidewalk to get to the basket. I have seen people playing basketball there tagged a few times. It was not pretty. Hole 2 makes it really easy to hit the same road, has a horrible blind spot for gauging oncoming traffic on said road, and has a row of houses on the right. Basket three is is pretty safe, except for the pavillion that is right in the middle of a RHBH line. Oh, and it is at the top of a hill, so you cannot see if anyone is in there and they cannot hear you yell "fore" if the throw is errant.The top of the hill is also a popular place for people to sit and get plastered while watching basball games. The love to heckle, but none have taken me up on my offer to come down and try throwing a disc. Hole 4 throws right by a well used playground on the right( the tee pad is pointed almost directly at the playground), the fairway for basket 5 on the left. You often end up in a Mexican stand off with people throwing down from tee 5. Basket 5 is basically a mirror of hole 4, so you have the playground on your left as well as #4 tee pad well within range and in an area that discs fly through. I have seen several players land in that playground or send discs flying into the playground equipment. I personally saw a child decapitated. Hole 6 is not bad, as long as you do not fade off to the right and end up in the road or hit vehicles lines up at the stop light. Or pedestrians on the sidewalk. Or go long and end up in a road or parking lot for a local head shop. It was a really dodgy thing hitting vehicles parked at an establishment that sold bath salts. No joke. Basket 7 Throws down the length and across a sidewalk, with a busy road to the right. Basket 8 is the safest on the course. It is only about 150 feet, so going long into the playground behind it is generally not an issue. Hole 9 has parking to the left and you must throw across a road to get to the basket. Again, a very busy road is off to the left and usually you are throwing into a headwind. Guess what happens next? Hole 10 forces you to throw across a road yet again, but there is usually a long row of vehicles park along the road that you have to throw over. Many, many vehicles have been hit and many, many arguments have been had over this. In all of this, I have neglected to include how busy the park is and that people are a constant obstacle on any given hole at any given time. I do not have anything against homeless people and will often throw them a buck or two to help out with whatever it is they feel they need. The problem is that you do it a couple of times and you become a mark and they will repeatedly ask you. After a while it became kind of harassingly depressing. Basket 10 has a tree the they use for shelter sometimes. I have found hypodermic needles on hole 10 as well. I doubt it is from disc golfers. I have heard it is hard to tie off, boot up, and throw.

Today it was 20 degrees with snow on the ground and I still played through several groups.

The Borderland Billy Goats had a practice.

I try to avoid Borderland on the weekends when it is over 50 degrees and I'm teeing off after 9am. It's just to busy. I'd rather drive longer and pay to play Maple Hill. The good news is that there are brand new courses in the area and more on the way.

Wildwood park in ottumwa iowa. Full of chuckers and wait times on teepad and they won't let you pass through. Never know when you'll get hit with a disc from the group behind you. Thankfully we have another couple courses which are better and not nearly as many chuckers go to!

Zboaz. In the past 5 years I have maybe played it 5 -7 times. I only live 15 minutes or so away. But I usually have terrible luck. I get stuck behind a huge group that won't let you play or its so busy I end up getting stuck with a stoner group waitng to tee on next hole. I play a lot on my own or with one other person so. They are always like. Well we are all waiting why don't you just play with us. And I hate looking like a dick and telling people no. Also I'm within 30 minutes of 10 other good courses and 25 or so total courses. Easy to just forget about How long the last time I played there was

Agreed on Z Boaz. The only DFW course I avoid. Mob golf at its worst. Great disc golf course though.

The Borderland Billy Goats had a practice.

I try to avoid Borderland on the weekends when it is over 50 degrees and I'm teeing off after 9am. It's just to busy. I'd rather drive longer and pay to play Maple Hill. The good news is that there are brand new courses in the area and more on the way.

Are there any new courses nearby that haven't made it onto this site yet? I still only see dacey field and the campground one thats 12 bucks to play a bunch of short par 3s.

For me it's Reedy Creek. Not that it's often a total madhouse. But if I'm looking at playing a solo round, I'll go elsewhere, we have too many options.

I think it's the oldest course in Charlotte, but still relevant. Close to UNCC, not brutally tough but not boring, so it just gets more traffic than most, more larger groups, etc.

Are there any new courses nearby that haven't made it onto this site yet? I still only see dacey field and the campground one thats 12 bucks to play a bunch of short par 3s.

WWI Park in North Attleboro has 9 holes in with another 9 to follow soon. There are also proposals in Easton, Middleboro, Lakeville, Boston, Norwood, Somerset, and Hingham so hopefully a few of these will get in over the next couple of years.

we have a new course locally called waller mill park. I wont play there again unless its for a tournament.

I firmly believe a course should have a wide variety of shots required and styles of holes as well.

Waller mill is all in the woods. I get that, but I want a mix, in and out of the woods. On top of that it seems every shot is the same, tunnel hyzer flip with tons of fade at the end. That's not fun for me. I can do that shot, but nine times?

But worst of all are roll outs. I can handle a hole or two with death putts or potential roll outs, but its nearly every hole. No thanks

Tyler gets like that on weekends, in the summer. I'll refuse to play casual rounds there weekends from memorial day to labor day.

I actually wish this was an issue near me. Disc golf is so new in RI that the only two courses in the state are completely empty half the time. At least when people are there its usually someone I know and can play a round with, it would just be nice if there was a bigger local disc golfing community.

There's a second course in Rhode Island? Damn, there goes my only !00% complete state.

There's a second course in Rhode Island? Damn, there goes my only !00% complete state.

Yup, in South Kingstown wrapped around some athletic fields which is nice. A big field for driver practice and a youth soccer field with mini goals about 200ft apart which is nice for mid/putter placement work. Its only ten holes so far, but the last 8 should be finished up this spring.

Random fact: Sarah Cunningham from team innova went to the middle school thats right next to it (it was a junior high back then)

There's also a really nice course in Richmond, but its private except for open doubles league Wednesdays in the summer

As much as I think my middle initial T stands for tree, I love wooded/technical courses. For some reason, a course that is mostly open, does not grab my fancy, which is the case of a local 9-hole course here in Sacramento, Mackey Park. The one good thing about the course is that it is about a 5 minute walk from a light rail station. The bad thing, no bathrooms on site or anywhere close.

Lol...I'd love it if any course around me was remotely busy ever. :|

There is a direct correlation between courses that are birdie fests and free and being overcrowded in the twin cities. Courses such as the valley, kaposia, cp adams, lochness and crown college are never overcrowded. Places like acorn, oakwood, Lakewood hills, highland park, Plymouth creek, bassett creek and bryant lake are overcrowded after 12pm every day.

Latest posts