• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

COVID Nursing...Ask Me Anything

LOL....I have thought about changing it for a while. It is supposed to read like a vanity licence plate. Are you for POR.

POR (Press on Regardless) was an professional off road rally held annually in the Keewenaw Peninsula of the UP in Michigan. Based out of Michigan Tech. As a yoot, I had several good friends go to Tech and would go UP each year to see them and check out the race. It was renown for being the toughest, meanest rally of the North American rally circuit.

We have gone UP to the race pretty much ever since. Developed a great group of friends, most of which I see a couple times a year, from all around the country.

The race itself still happens as Lake Superior Pro Rally (LSPR). All wheel modified cars, stage racing down the logging trails and two tracks of the Upper Peninsula for two days. We generally map out a couple spots to go to, park and party for 10 hours or so in God's country.

I always thought it read, "Are you for pee, or...??" :| :|

Vision: ruined. :p

Didn't realize yesterday was National Nurses Day.
Just wanted to wish a belated Happy Nurses Day, to ru4 and all the nurses out there in the trenches every day!

Helping the sick and injured is a tough enough job without aglobal pandemic, but your heroism genuinely appreciated now, more than ever!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Didn't realize yesterday was National Nurses Day.
Just wanted to wish a belated Happy Nurses Day, to ru4 and all the nurses out there in the trenches every day!

Helping the sick and injured is a tough enough job without aglobal pandemic, but your heroism genuinely appreciated now, more than ever!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks Bogey. I can never convey what someone appreciating what I and all nurse do, really means.

As way of an update, I was told today that I need to go back to my IT job, starting next week, if I want to keep it.

It is too good of a gig to let it go, so I am going back...for now. Once things calm down and a vaccine is developed, I see myself going back to nursing though. But, right now, I need to get off of the off shift and out of the nursing home.

This has been the most intense and difficult thing I have done in my life and I would like to think I am a better person for it. It is kind of hard to see that right now, but I believe in the long run I made a difference in some people's lives.

A huge thank you to the many here, that have been so supportive and patient with my "preaching". It seems odd that disc golf brethren on a web forum can make a positive impact, but you have helped me.

Latest posts