• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Funny that Paige P had the ZONE as a mid and the SOL as an Approach disc in her in-the-bag. . .

So she now has the CryZtal Fierce and SOL for the same approach shot?

Funny that Paige P had the ZONE as a mid and the SOL as an Approach disc in her in-the-bag. . .

So she now has the CryZtal Fierce and SOL for the same approach shot?

Maybe it goes further or is easier from a standstill?

The SOL was a lot flippier than I wanted. It's got a really nice feel & is a great choice for beginners.

Sol I found to be significantly faster and longer than the Cryztal Fierce. While the Fierce holds anny lines really well, the Sol will go farther on thos lines, and is better at hyper to late turn shots. The Fierce may season into that shape, but even then I don't think the overlap is egregious. Sol/Meteor would be more overlap in my opinion.

How far could I expect one to go if I'm maxing a Stalker about 360'?

Not sure...Stalker is on the slower end of fairway drivers..so if the SS/Rogue work for you and you get the full flight, maybe another 30-40ft? I think most people average 25-30ft increase going up in disc class.

How far could I expect one to go if I'm maxing a Stalker about 360'?

If you throw a Stalker 360' you'll get a Surge SS at LEAST 400'. The Surge SS is actually a pretty good driver. Its straight without being super flippy. It also doesn't take a huge rip to flatten out.

You might even get the Surge SS out to 425' or so.

The Surge SS is actually a pretty good driver. Its straight without being super flippy. It also doesn't take a huge rip to flatten out.

You might even get the Surge SS out to 425' or so.

The lack of plastic options for the Surge & SS is as confusing to me as that empty Discraft slot between Drone & Raptor.

The lack of plastic options for the Surge & SS is as confusing to me as that empty Discraft slot between Drone & Raptor.

that slot used to be occupied by the Xtreme, Reaper, Talon...no one bought those discs. At least not frequently enough to keep making them.

Sunking has a bunch of preorder options for new discraft stuff. Hades prototype, z fierce, z luna, first run malta....

Nice but can´t find any Z Fierce :(

The back orders at Discraft must be insane. . .they will be making discs 24/7 once they open back up again

Nice but can´t find any Z Fierce :(

The back orders at Discraft must be insane. . .they will be making discs 24/7 once they open back up again

You are right, my fault, it as just Pierce Buzzz. I'm thinking Discraft must be producing for the large companies still. They keep getting more and more discs in stock, Infinite discs keeps restocking their Discraft discs...

These Z swirl tour series are gonna be very popular. Just the images on sunking look amazing.

I hope to get 2 of the Buzzz and 2 of the Force. Tempted by the Zone as well. There goes 100$ for 1$ worth of the plastic its made from lol

Sunking wants 24.99 tho. No thx.

I've been bagging mostly Discraft mids and Innova drivers. Recently got a Heat, and love that as well as my Buzzz, Comet, Archer, and Zone. Now I'm thinking about trying more Discraft fairways or drivers. I'm a beginner so don't need to go higher than speed 7-9 or 10 at the most. Currently at speed 9 I bag a Gstar Thunderbird, Star Valkyrie, and Z Heat. Speed 7 I have a Star Teebird, DX Teebird, C Line FD, and Opto River or Champion Leopard.

I'm really happy with the Valkyrie, Heat, Star Teebird, and FD. I'm tired of replacing the DX Teebirds all the time but the FD might cover that spot adequately. I probably have too much overlap in that River/Leopard(/and FD?) spot. The Thunderbird is fine - I don't love Gstar plastic but the stability is what I want in that slot. I had an Ahti but took it out of my bag because it was way too overstable for me.

So are there any Discraft discs I need to try? Anything I don't have covered or that you liked better than what I'm currently using?

The Mantis is a nice mold. Probably most similar to a Valk. Discraft doesn't have too much in the 7 speed area. The Mantis is an 8 I believe. Good for slower arms like myself. The Undertaker is a fun one too. I'm currently alternating 5 in and out of the bag. They're more stable than I thought they'd be though. Especially the Cryztal.

I agree with the above. Mantis is a great underappreciated mold. More stability than the heat. Also,imo, you have more shot shaping ability than a stalker/undertaker/heat. Great for wooded courses. Not for windy open courses.

The Undertaker is legit too. Its fast and glidey in the right plastic. Some are really beefy and some are really flippy depending on the plastic. Great mold to have multiples of to cover a wide range of fairway shots. Great for woods and open windy courses.

I've never tried it, but the DGA Pipeline looks to be the closest thing to a teebird they have. It's an 8 speed too I believe.

As far as Undertakers, you can get them in pretty much every plastic too. So you should be able to find something that you'll like. The Stalker is a 7 speed probably most similar to your River. Kind of an odd mold in the hand though. Also very limited plastics for it. Just Z I believe, unless you find a special run (Ledgestone ESP, PP Cryztal).

These Z swirl tour series are gonna be very popular. Just the images on sunking look amazing.

I hope to get 2 of the Buzzz and 2 of the Force. Tempted by the Zone as well. There goes 100$ for 1$ worth of the plastic its made from lol

Sunking wants 24.99 tho. No thx.

I've heard that the Z/Champ plastics are actually pretty low margin.

Of course, I can't recall where right now.