• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Does the regular Ringer feel as good to you? Because you can get that in ESP right now, either in the swirly Ledgestones or a Proline Breaker. Also regular Z, with the SP Breaker.

Ive never held a regular Ringer. If you have time please give me a brief explanation of the differences between Ringer, Ringer GT & Breaker.

Is this a similar relationship to Gator & Mortar?

Ive never held a regular Ringer. If you have time please give me a brief explanation of the differences between Ringer, Ringer GT & Breaker.

Is this a similar relationship to Gator & Mortar?

The ringer GT is very similar to a rhyno. A ringer just doesn't have the GT. A breaker is a ringer GT with a nose spacer, and a less pronounced 'GT' (note: none of the GTs are the same as a banger GT)

The ringer GT is very similar to a rhyno. A ringer just doesn't have the GT. A breaker is a ringer GT with a nose spacer, and a less pronounced 'GT' (note: none of the GTs are the same as a banger GT)

I thought the buzzz gt was similar to the banger's Grove top.

So the breaker is taller? I liked the low profile feel of the Ringer GT I held.

The Ringer GT's bead didn't feel as big as a Rhyno. I guess thats a little difference.

I thought the buzzz gt was similar to the banger's Grove top.

this is true - I didn't consider it since the buzzzGT is OOP (same with the slipstreamGT)

The Ringer GT's bead didn't feel as big as a Rhyno. I guess thats a little difference.

slightly - but it's still pretty low profile. I haven't held a breaker/ringerGT or ringerGT/rhyno at the same time, so I can't be super specific about the differences.

Yeah, what Victor said. I really like the feel of the subtle dip by the lip of the original Breaker/Ringer over the hard edge of the GT. As I guy who hates beads and power gripping deep putters, they are all plenty shallow for my tastes. Here you can see that subtle dip by the rim:
Discraft-Ringer-Review.jpeg

Even with the small bead & thumbtrack I still was surprised how nice tje Ringer GT felt in my hand. Fan, FH & power grip all checked out.

About a month ago I bought an R-Pro Pig & wow does that thing feel busy in my hand. Just could not find a grip that felt comfortable & thats odd since it shares some qualities with the Ringer GT.

According to Infinite Discs, Discraft went from 6.9% of sales to 18.1% of sales 2018 to 2019. It's weird to criticize their marketing when they are skyrocketing.

This for sure. And also, there's opportunity cost to consider. Sure, they could pump out this or that limited run, but they have the rest of their business, too. For example, I'm sure they did very well on the Hades and the Z Lunas and Paige Buzzzes and some other things they just put out, and those appeal to more people.

Anyone have experience with the Ringer or Ringer GT & the AviarX3? Looking for comparisons in premium plastics.

Anyone have experience with the Ringer or Ringer GT & the AviarX3? Looking for comparisons in premium plastics.

Some but not across a lot of plastics.

The Ax3 is quite a bit deeper even without a bead. I also found the Ax3, in star plastic, to lose it's high speed stability too quickly.

If you can get a Ringer/GT in Z plastic blend of some kind, you're going to have years more of life out of each disc comparatively. Z Plastic is just so durable.

I just bought a Z Ringer (Ledgestone) & I'm hyped to give it a test. I think Id like to pair it with a Jawbreaker Ringer GT.

I love the flights I get out of the AX3 but haven't really clicked with the feel.

I
I love the flights I get out of the AX3 but haven't really clicked with the feel.

I had the same issue. I'm using a Zone now because I couldn't see the sense of bagging a Zone and Ringer GT. The Ringer GT is an awesome disc. I just get a little more versatility out of my Zone.

I had the same issue. I'm using a Zone now because I couldn't see the sense of bagging a Zone and Ringer GT. The Ringer GT is an awesome disc. I just get a little more versatility out of my Zone.

I used the Zone for several years. I understand why it's popular but I needed to break it up into two separate molds where I have on OS 5 speed mid & an OS putter mold.

With the OS putter mold I've really liked the Pa1 & AviarX3 but I don't mind trying something new to see if it really clicks. Hoping I gel with my incoming Z Ringer.

I never cared for the AviarX3. Don't really know why, just didn't. I used pigs after that and I liked them better but not enough to keep looking.

The Ringer GT fits the bill as an OS putter for me perfectly though. I'll still bag it from time to time just for fun. I don't have a really overstable mid so the Zone handles that for me now.

One small correction to VictorBs ringer/ringer gt/breaker description.

The breaker is the ringer mold with a spacer.
sp-breaker.jpg

I love my ringer gt. Love love love it. But it failed to kick the beefcake zflx zone out of my bag. There are still times where a zone is too reliable that replacing it was just dumb, so I made space elsewhere :)

My go-to discs for 2020.
Tour series Luna. Love this for straight approach shots.
Esp Rattler. This is my long distance putter from 60-100 I'll pull this bad boy out and run the basket and not worry about blowing past.
Z Wasp. Love the glide of this thing with still being os.
Z Stalker. My go-to fairway. Works multiple lines. Love it for hyzer shots that needs to hold the angle while pushing forward.
Esp Zeus. Have one that is 167 grams and it's a bomber. I also have a 172 gram one that is my preferred but distance driver and also for long forehands.

Picked up 2 Raptors this week - an Uli tour series and a BigZ. Being a longtime predator thrower, what can I expect? Without having access to my forehand due to shoulder soreness, I have hardly thrown the predator lately.

Picked up 2 Raptors this week - an Uli tour series and a BigZ. Being a longtime predator thrower, what can I expect? Without having access to my forehand due to shoulder soreness, I have hardly thrown the predator lately.

I would say same stability but a little less glide for the Raptor. Cleaner release on the Raptor as well.
I threw Preds alot back in the day. The Raptor fills the spot perfectly.

This is my take on FR Z Raptor vs Esp Predator