• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Interesting strategy Cotton, let's see how it works out for him

I went with the ESP Nuke.

Let's see how it plays out.

Seriously though, the lack of stock is a temporary issue, unless drop off in demand causes someone to fold up because they over committed capital to expand and then craters, which I really doubt will happen.

We will be swimming in plastic next year, used and new, my guess.

I think I reached disc golf Mecca. Buzzz and Comet can coexist. That is all...

I think I reached disc golf Mecca. Buzzz and Comet can coexist. That is all...

For real, I've been carrying an aftershock for a couple years with my comets. The buzzz and aftershock aren't that different - but I still find the buzzz to be more speed sensitive

I've started looking at some Forces again as a main distance driver. I picked up a couple lighter weight stock run Z Forces and wow do they bomb! On a controlled "golf shot" drive, I'm maxing around 410-420 and my Forces get a little bit of turn when thrown flat with that lovely reliable fade. Heavy weights are still a bit much for me to use as a go-to driver, but I'll definitely be playing around with these light-weights a bit more.

edit: I actually carry a max weight PL Hurricane that has a similar flight but is slightly more turn resistant. So my current test line up is a 174g Hurricane, two 167-168g Forces, and a First Flight 173g Hurricane from most to least stable. Funny how the Hurricane is more os, but it works well for me.

Huh, interesting. I've been told (and have experienced) the newer run flat Hurricanes aren't as glidey and brick-level OS and the one I have has a comfortable dome on it. Maybe I just have bad luck with Hurricanes

Hard to tell if you can't compare PLH. Generally though the flat ones are quite overstable and don't glide as well, in my experience

Hard to tell if you can't compare PLH. Generally though the flat ones are quite overstable and don't glide as well, in my experience

That's the other weird thing-- the PLH is lower. I've had the Forces for a little bit, but certainly not long enough to really break them in. But they do hold their line longer before fighting back, where the Hurricane starts to fade sooner. I really really want to find a Hurricane that flies like everyone says they should, but the four I've tried have the same HSS as my Forces and maybe just fade slightly less hard at the end.

I have I-Dye Forces that goes straight for 90% of the flight and have a smal fade at the end. . to super OS Ti ones.

But my main driver is the 2020 Shasta Criss Hurricane...more turn than my least stable Force but the same fade, , ,and i like the gummy feel.
For my armspeed i can get +30ft more out of the Shasta Hurricane than my less stable Forces.

But the new DGA Hypercane sounds fun..

Last edited:
Ledgestone discs (drop 2) are on Infinite now. I picked up a TI Zombee, Big Z Zone and 2 Ringer GT's in Glo RB.

Got me a big z crank ss. Easy hyzer flip to turnover. I'm pretty sure this run will be more stable than a normal crank ss.

Thought about grabbing one of the Ringer GT's and one of the FLX Buzzz's. But trying to be more responsible and I don't really bag the Ringer GT and I have plenty of Buzzz's to last me quite a while.

Grabbed a Talon to see if they are as beefy as I remembered should be fun to mess with.

I resisted the wave 2.

I was def tempted by the glo flx roaches and the swirly esp Sol.

If they had a premium Mantis i would have an empty wallet (maybe if i keep posting about it they will make a run)

I'm resisting every wave for a long long time. In fact, I think I have resigned myself to stop buying plastic for the rest of 2021.

I understand there are supply related issues but with all the backups I currently have I see no reason whatsoever to pursue any more purchases until supply starts getting at least kinda close to meeting demand. Shopping for specific discs (or even not so specific) now is a giant exercise in frustration.

I hope someone at Discraft is reading this.

Thought about grabbing one of the Ringer GT's and one of the FLX Buzzz's. But trying to be more responsible and I don't really bag the Ringer GT and I have plenty of Buzzz's to last me quite a while.

Well, I caved and ordered a Buzzz.

I'm blaming my wife. She wanted me to order a couple of discs for her and I was close to spending enough to get free shipping. Adding the Buzzz to the cart just made sense.

Latest posts