• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I initially threw only Innova, but nowadays a significant amount of staples in my bag are Discraft.

For putters, I have a Banger GT that I like to use backhand off the tee into the wind. The thumb groove feels great in my hand. I also bag an Earhart Zone for the overstable approach slot.

Mids and Fairways are where Discraft really took over in my bag.
Mids: My go-to mid is the Buzzz SS in Z plastic. So much glide and such a cleaner release off the rim compared to the Buzzz. I can throw smooth, gentle turnovers about 320 off the tee. Great for straight shots and forehand runs at the basket. The Van Dyken Meteor is my max distance turnover mid that I can power up and still trust it to be in the vicinity of my target. Great for anhyzer flicks around obstacles.

Fairways: Go-to is the 2020 Ulibarri Raptor. Its a straigher Raptor than most, but still trustworthy to fight the wind and give me nice hyzers, skip shots, and forehand flex shots. 2021 Ulibarri Raptor is an absolute hook. I only throw it in extreme situations. Ledgestone Heat is my max distance tailwind driver that has a huge dome and can get out on a big turnover to about 440. 2021 King Heat is my go-to when I need to thread the needle in the woods. One disc I am curious about is the Undertaker but I am not sure if it will have significant overlap with one of my Heats or Innova Sidewinder. Any thoughts on this?

I have thrown Sidewinders, Heats, Undertakers and Rapptors at the same time and have had all in the bag.

Now i have one very OS Cryztal Raptor...3pc of Undertakers and one Flippy Heat.

The Undertakers have a huge range,,,,i have "close to Heat" US beat in Z to OS Missy 2020 to super OS MF Cryztal.

You can basicly have a few Undertakers as your only fairway- ...

You can basicly have a few Undertakers as your only fairway- ...
I'll second this, they're the only fairway I bag and it's been that way a while, they come in so many plastics it's pretty easy to get a wide range of flights out of em which is why I've got six in the bag right now. Pro-D, Ti Swirl, ESP, Z FLX, First run Z and finishing off with a flat top 2020 LE Cryztal Sparkle which is for all intents and purposes a Raptor that says Undertaker on it. Those cover every shot angle/wind/flight shape that I need and all have different flights thrown flat in calm conditions from quick-down roller all the way to no-chance-of-turning-over OS.

I would say that Discraft has officially "caught up" after the recent online retailer drops... maybe not overseas or brick and mortar...but you can get just about any discraft mold online now.

I would say that Discraft has officially "caught up" after the recent online retailer drops... maybe not overseas or brick and mortar...but you can get just about any discraft mold online now.

I'm looking for another putter line Zone, not soft. After checking 3 local shops, DGC, MST, OTB and Infinite - nada. They're even out of stock on the DC website.

Hook me up, bruh.

Since Emoney posted my brother bought some, I think through infinite. Maybe just some diligence and checking every day or so will score you some (I had looked for ESP Zones for my buddy and couldn't find any, a week later my brother pointed out every site you listed was full).

Like yourself I'm guessing everyone is still stockpiling plastic - in addition to new players of course.

I have some bad news discraft fans. I recently bought a misprint box and a vast majority of the box had horrible flashing. Very sharp and very uncomfortable. Maybe the demand of discs have lead to quality control side a bit. The passion that came in the box had zero flashing and felt great.

I have some bad news discraft fans. I recently bought a misprint box and a vast majority of the box had horrible flashing. Very sharp and very uncomfortable. Maybe the demand of discs have lead to quality control side a bit. The passion that came in the box had zero flashing and felt great.

I think this is tru for most brands, of the last 100 discs i bought of all brands i think i had to use the sandingblock on 90% of the disc

That's probably why they were in a misprint box. Crap they can unload a little bit cheaper. :\

I always love when they offer to throw in a "mystery" disc for a little extra. Hmmm...$7 more for a champ Groove or Dominator? Hard pass.

Discraft related? Take your pick of forest floor colored, random ass Ledgestone s*** that nobody wanted in the first place. Wildcat, Talon, Xpress, etc. They all do it.

Last edited:
My Putter Line Zone has beat in a bit. Hit a tree hard and got a little warp on the rim. Not a deal breaker for me, I expected/wanted it to beat in. Flying very straight now. Like 0/1.5 at 260-270 feet.

I picked up a Putter line zone for the exact same reason. I've hit a couple trees but haven't really squared one up just yet and just have a couple scrapes to show for it. The plastic seems relatively durable for baseline.

The fade kicks in later and is a lot less harsh than my Z and Z Flx zones but still 0 high speed turn. So far I'm really digging it.

I picked up a Putter line zone for the exact same reason. I've hit a couple trees but haven't really squared one up just yet and just have a couple scrapes to show for it. The plastic seems relatively durable for baseline.

The fade kicks in later and is a lot less harsh than my Z and Z Flx zones but still 0 high speed turn. So far I'm really digging it.

I've had one in the bag since August with moderate wear. Definitely a great compliment to the Z flx. Damn thing goes straight and far from a standstill flick with a little snap.

Is the Zombee still in production? Or are they hard to find right now just because DC is still behind demand?

So I just ordered two JB Zones off eBay for $55 cuz I'm a fool and desperate. Haven't been able to find a putter line or JB for months and I need to get some wear on a couple before spring.

Thanks for all the limited run stuff, Discraft!

Latest posts