• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I want a z lite crank but no luck finding one reasonably priced.

Threw a crank ss yesterday on a hyzer line but it flipped all the way over and rolled a little when it hit the ground.

Cranks are just flat weird for me. I used to really love them until I started noticing how much mold inconsistency exists with the Crank. Some of the ones I threw were perfect. Some high speed turn, lots of glide, then a strong fade. A couple I've thrown lately were flat, beefy, and glideless. I guess my point is, you don't know what you're getting with a Crank until you actually throw it.

If you want to trifle with Discraft I'd recommend the Thrasher, Surge, and Nuke. Those are my 3 favorite Discraft driver molds.

I recommend the Stalker to players of any skill level. Would be great if you could get your hands on one to see if you like the feel.

Agree. The Stalker is probably the 1 Discraft fairway driver I've ever really liked. I bagged one for a while. I finally took it out because I felt like it didn't handle full power rips as well as a Teebird. The Stalker will do well until you really start bearing down on it. Then it flips and never comes back. Anything above 350' I'd probably reach for something other than a Stalker.

^ I carry both. So easy to find beefy Teebirds to pair with my laser Stalkers. When I need something less stable than a Stalker I will add a Zombee too. I don't leave many gaps unfilled with my fairway drivers.

So I decided to add some discraft to my bag and remove some trilogy.

First round with the new discs was not good. Kept releasing with hyzer like I use to do with my old trilogy molds. Unfortunately for me, the crank and undertaker did not respond the same and just held the hyzer line all the way to the ground. I also went from using a spike as a putter to a ringer gt so i missed a lot of putts.

Second round was yesterday on a course where I only throw a driver on a few holes. However when i did throw a driver, it came out flatter. Learned quickly that the cryztal mantis flew like a firebird. Putting was much better too.

Here is what has been added to my bag and have been tested
*z crank
*z heat
*big z undertaker & first run z undertaker
*cryztal mantis
*big z mantis
*mccabe ti wasp
*esp wasp
*z wasp
*esp swirl meteor
*jawbreaker ringer gt

I have these as well but I haven't tried them out yet because i think there might be too much overlap

*ti undertaker
*big z vulture
*test flight big z talon

You might like the Roach as a Spike stand in...that's about as close as Discraft gets to the Spike.

I recommend the Stalker to players of any skill level. Would be great if you could get your hands on one to see if you like the feel.

I use to throw a PP Ti Stalker. Right now the big z mantis is flying like the stalker did for me...very little turn but a gentle forward fade at the end

Cranks are just flat weird for me. I used to really love them until I started noticing how much mold inconsistency exists with the Crank. Some of the ones I threw were perfect. Some high speed turn, lots of glide, then a strong fade. A couple I've thrown lately were flat, beefy, and glideless. I guess my point is, you don't know what you're getting with a Crank until you actually throw it.

If you want to trifle with Discraft I'd recommend the Thrasher, Surge, and Nuke. Those are my 3 favorite Discraft driver molds.

Thrown the surge and nuke in the past. Enjoyed the old x-nukes.

The crank i threw a few days ago didn't show any turn but i wasn't throwing anything well.

Last edited:
Grabbed a few more old ti wasps today. The first two pictures are the same disc and I currently own it. I bought the green and gold ones in the other picture today

Attachments

• IMG_20181228_084816_307.jpg
    IMG_20181228_084816_307.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20181228_075556.jpg
    20181228_075556.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 49033009_1182357005256390_5964070129292541952_n.jpg
    49033009_1182357005256390_5964070129292541952_n.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 42
I have always liked the Ti Wasp. I still have a pair of the Raspberries, one colorshift (like yours pictured), an ice blue, and a gold in my stable of 21 wasps. haha... I might have a bit of a wasp obsession.

The raspberries were definitely a different blend. Puddle top. Very stable. Grippier and more flexible than the metallic Ti's but still very durable.

I have 2 more coming my way

Attachments

• 49140317_10156696020935943_2390837955280240640_n.jpg
    49140317_10156696020935943_2390837955280240640_n.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 26
3 new discs approved

Attachments

• 49344721_10105831173827925_2021217180070182912_o.jpg
    49344721_10105831173827925_2021217180070182912_o.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 90
3 new discs approved

Raptor is the new OS speed 9?

Prodigy totally V2'ing the D series? I actually like how they do that instead of coming up with new names. Just wipe the slate clean with improvements. They need a Pa2V2.

After getting 63 holes in with the surge as my main distance driver, I really hope to see them released in one of the new plastics (swirl ESP or new Titanium) My slightly flatter (ie higher PLH) old ESP surges have enough stability where I might not even keep hurricanes in the bag.

Going a slight bit smaller rim and around the same stability has already made a world of difference for me. I used to throw surges back in the day - my wife even commented "Didn't you used to throw those? Why did you switch in the first place?" I didn't have a good answer for her.

After getting 63 holes in with the surge as my main distance driver, I really hope to see them released in one of the new plastics (swirl ESP or new Titanium) My slightly flatter (ie higher PLH) old ESP surges have enough stability where I might not even keep hurricanes in the bag.

Going a slight bit smaller rim and around the same stability has already made a world of difference for me. I used to throw surges back in the day - my wife even commented "Didn't you used to throw those? Why did you switch in the first place?" I didn't have a good answer for her.

Yeah, Surges are still very legit drivers. I'm surprised they aren't more popular. I still bag one.

Raptor is a felon/flat top firebird clone. Luna a new putter mold... supposedly this will be McBeths putter. Then the Kong is a destroyer clone. Same flight numbers.

Raptor is a felon/flat top firebird clone. Luna a new putter mold... supposedly this will be McBeths putter. Then the Kong is a destroyer clone. Same flight numbers.

I find this very amusing on many levels.

They really need a Roc3 clone called the Arrow.

Latest posts