• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

You Discraft lovers might want to head over to Community Discs for their 33% off Discraft clearance sale.

If, I had to bag just one manufacturer I could live with an all Discraft bag. I currently carry the Discraft mid trifecta of Hornet, Buzzz, Meteor. I can't imagine playing without at least one Flick,I'm carrying 3 these days. Day in and day out the Nuke is my farthest flying disc. And lately I'm rekindling my love for the Crank. Not a fan of Discraft's putters though. I suppose I could get use to a Soft Banger GT.

The downside to Discraft besides their putters is in the lightweights I like to carry. 150ish - Champ Leopard, Champ Banshee, Jade, & Truth.

I only carry discraft mids, the stability rating system was too hard to figure out when I was just starting out so I never bothered to learn the fairways and drivers.

*And I love the zone
I just got some lighter Pro D Zones hopefully they will season up to a nice flyer that slots in between my cryztal/esp zones and my opto pure.

I have always used and loved discraft mids. Have a Big Z buzzz that is fairly stable as far as buzzz's go. I have an ESP Buzzz that is dead straight, an FLX for approach and touch. Meteor for US duties and am looking to pick up a buzzz OS for OS Mid duties.

Now here is my main question because I have always loved using discraft discs. I am sure this is one of the most popular questions but I currently use the teebird/leopard combo. This is fine but I hear a lot of people raving about the mantis and I would love to try one. But I also hear people saying that it is a speed 7. Well, when I look at Discrafts flight chart it shows the Mantis as being a fairly quick disc but then again it's close to the Avenger SS which I have and the rim on that sort of reminds me of the size rim that a Teebird would have.

Bottom line is I already have a pred that I like. I am looking to fill OS/S/US duties on the fairway. Outside of that I don't really throw much faster.

I can stretch my buzzz to 275'-300' and have a stalker that I am still trying to like but I dont think its gonna happen. I may give it another go if I survive the rain!

Bottom line is I already have a pred that I like. I am looking to fill OS/S/US duties on the fairway. Outside of that I don't really throw much faster.

Tracker for Teebird replacement and XL for Leopard replacement. ESP XL for straight to slightly US and Elite X for turnover shots.

Tracker for Teebird replacement and XL for Leopard replacement. ESP XL for straight to slightly US and Elite X for turnover shots.

Have you tossed the current run of Trackers? I picked one up and it was almost Predator overstable. Was curious if anyone else has had the same experience. Based on what I have read the older runs sound more like a Teebird compared to the current run.

Have you tossed the current run of Trackers? I picked one up and it was almost Predator overstable. Was curious if anyone else has had the same experience. Based on what I have read the older runs sound more like a Teebird compared to the current run.

Nope, if they're that beefy then maybe a Mantis (never thrown one) would be a better choice.

I was simply curious because discraft does not use the same rating system as Innova and their diagram makes it look like the mantis is one of their faster distance drivers. For me I'm usually limited to about speed 9 and then I lose a lot of control and accuracy.

I was going to try a couple of lighter Avengers for this slot. A car accident has left me with a broken collar bone so those plans are on hold for now. The Teebird type disc is definitely missing from the Discraft lineup.

I think a heavier predator and a lighter more beat predator paired with a heavier mantis and a lighter more beat mantis would be a great combo. I would say the mantis is a speed seven disc. I am enjoying my new big Z a lot.

I think a heavier predator and a lighter more beat predator paired with a heavier mantis and a lighter more beat mantis would be a great combo. I would say the mantis is a speed seven disc. I am enjoying my new big Z a lot.

I prefer drivers that weigh in around 165. With that in mind do you think a Heat and Avenger pairing would work? I love the Heat and was looking for a Discraft compliment. I do carry an Express and a Pred for shorter and tight wooded holes.

Mantis has a 1.9 cm rim thickness, same as the Predator and Avenger, which is generally the speed 9 class. Tracker, XL or XS are more of the classic fairway driver speed.

I love the Avenger and Avenger SS combo in ESP plastic. Extremely juicy. The Buzz and Drone are crucial as well. You got to have those opposite discs.

Would a Focus be better for driving than a Magnet? Currently use Magnet for all putter driving and putting, but wondering if Focus would be a bit longer on drives... want something very neutralish so no Chally.

^No the Focus won't go much farther (if any) than a Magnet. Hair more stability but overall they drive very similar...is distance all you were concerned about as far as "better" goes?

^No the Focus won't go much farther (if any) than a Magnet. Hair more stability but overall they drive very similar...is distance all you were concerned about as far as "better" goes?

Yes, primarily. I'm only driving the Mag a bit over 200'. I guess the Focus would be less likely to turn over, but I don't really have that issue yet.

Latest posts