• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I don't...but I'd wait for the Presnell Tour Series:
esp_drone_2019_andrew_presnell_tour_series_sk.png

I'm really not into swirly plastic. If I could find a really bright one I think it could be worth getting.

Might check those out!

I'm thinking Stalker/Undertaker/Mantis as potential Cyclone replacements.
I know this is the DCraft thread and all, but the only disc I can actually think about replacing Cyclones with are Eagles. Nothing else really gives me that controlled S flight the Cyclone was so great at.

I'm never going to run out of Cyclones, though. :|

Might check those out!

I'm thinking Stalker/Undertaker/Mantis as potential Cyclone replacements.

Stalker nope that is like a TL/TL 3 in flight or a true flat top Eagle, not a Cyclone, a Pro D Cyclone is still made so use that then. Closest disc I can think of to a Cyclone is a Domed version of the Eagle as those turn more then the flat top or the old stiff DX dome model, pre Champion plastic that was more OS due to the mini bead thing on the bottom of the nose of the disc.

Why still have discs like the Impact and Stalker on here? The Impact is sold out everywhere last year and the Stalker is on the same path this year.

I've got such a healthy supply of unthrown Stalkers I really shouldn't care but more players should be bagging it. I was really hoping that one of the Pauls would give it a try & revive some attention on a great mold.

I do find it odd that DC doesn't have anything in that Teebird stability. Something on the same spot speedwise as the Stalker but a couple of clicks left above the BuzzzOS.

Kinda weird not seeing Nate Doss on that flight chart.

And I refuse to believe the Kong is more stable than a Nuke.

Also, RIP ESP Surges.

The Kong I have is more overstable than most Nukes I've seen. Nukes seem to have some variance. Some are really beefy and glideless. Others will flip up and hold an anny line for a while. Very seldom will you ever see a really flippy Nuke.

My Kong is just pure beef. I'd put it in the realm of a Force in terms of overstability. I've seen very few Nukes as overstable as this particular Kong. Granted, it sounds like the Kong has some stability variance too.

So it's possible I don't completely understand Discraft's flight chart, but doe that picture imply that the Wasp is less stable than the Undertaker? The Undertaker is 1.4 and the Wasp is 1.5 but the wasp is farther right. Also I wouldn't even have them close on the stability chart.

It looks like the faster a disc is the more left on the chart it sits. .

Look at Challenger OS, Ringer GT, Buzzz OS, Vulture, Punicher. . they ar all 1.7 but the faster they are the more left they are. . .BUT they all follow the "2 stability" arrow.

The oddball is Surge . .1.7 but far more right than the other 1.7s

I've got such a healthy supply of unthrown Stalkers I really shouldn't care but more players should be bagging it. I was really hoping that one of the Pauls would give it a try & revive some attention on a great mold.

I do find it odd that DC doesn't have anything in that Teebird stability. Something on the same spot speedwise as the Stalker but a couple of clicks left above the BuzzzOS.

I use a Ti Undertaker for that spot. . But the Tracker is closer to a TeeBird.

But for me the Ti Undertaker and Raptor cover that spot just fine

I've got such a healthy supply of unthrown Stalkers I really shouldn't care but more players should be bagging it. I was really hoping that one of the Pauls would give it a try & revive some attention on a great mold. (Me Too)

I do find it odd that DC doesn't have anything in that Teebird stability. Something on the same spot speedwise as the Stalker but a couple of clicks left above the BuzzzOS. (Me Too)

The Stalker is more like a tad less stable Teebird almost like a flat top Champion Eagle. Yeah I have 6 at the weight I want and with how long the Z plastic lasts I am covered till I find a disc I like for this shot in the future. I think the Undertaker is supposed to be this disc but the speed is like a slow distance disc making the disc more like a tad less OS Thunderbird. The XL was in Z and ESP like a TeeBird but the Z was a tad S shape in the flight line compared to the ESP that flew the way a Z Stalker flies just more dumpy fade at the end making it more like a Thunderbird then the Z model, Still have ESP in the bag and my old Elite Z XL got too flippy in the S shape flight last year so I tried a Stalker and that is an amazing disc.

The Stalker is more like a tad less stable Teebird almost like a flat top Champion Eagle.

Flat top champ eagles are way overstable, almost like a champ banshee. So, the stalker is nothing like that at all.

In other news:
Put a flx zone and z zone back in my bag. Happy with that change so far. The breaker has a great flight, but my forehand still isn't 100% clean on every single throw where I don't get a little bit of torque on it sometimes. That's not good with the breaker, since it's not as torque resistant as a zone. Or maybe it's the bead on it? Either way, I think in the long term the zone is the better choice for me.

I know this is the DCraft thread and all, but the only disc I can actually think about replacing Cyclones with are Eagles. Nothing else really gives me that controlled S flight the Cyclone was so great at.

I'm never going to run out of Cyclones, though. :|

That's fair...if only Innova hadn't forgotten how to make good Eagles...

Buzzz #'s of 5|4|-1|1 are fair but I'm using a heavy glow Z Buzzz that's every bit of 5|4|0|2 right now. All relative to what plastic & weight.

Anyone using Big Z Drones? I've got a Z right now & love it. Would like to know how the Big Z's compare.

Big Z is a tick less stable than the Z. ESP Flx is more stable than the Z from what I can remember.

It's been a year since I thrown them. I want some a bit more stable so I started using a Justice but I am thinking of moving back to the Drone but it just seems a bit redundant when I am bagging a Buzz OS and Zone.

I think discraft just won the swirl wars with the tour series discs.

What they are doing with the esp plastic is crazy

I'm personally not much of a fan of the pinwheel / burst style swirls. I like the natural, asymmetrical swirls, even if they are prone to resulting in a few duds now and again. The Swirls in the latest runs of Forces and proto Kongs were pretty amazing, tbh.

Big Z is a tick less stable than the Z. ESP Flx is more stable than the Z from what I can remember.

It's been a year since I thrown them. I want some a bit more stable so I started using a Justice but I am thinking of moving back to the Drone but it just seems a bit redundant when I am bagging a Buzz OS and Zone.

I dropped the Zone because I use the almighty Berg so much. Even though the Drone is a little more OS than a BOS I find it easier to control. Drone seems a little bit slower & glidier than the BOS's I've used.

I think I'll have to set aside my prejiduce about swirly's & get a tour series ESP. Hopefully it's that stiffer beefy ESP I've gotten with some of my newer Buzzz's.

Last edited:
The Kong I have is more overstable than most Nukes I've seen. Nukes seem to have some variance. Some are really beefy and glideless. Others will flip up and hold an anny line for a while. Very seldom will you ever see a really flippy Nuke.

My Kong is just pure beef. I'd put it in the realm of a Force in terms of overstability. I've seen very few Nukes as overstable as this particular Kong. Granted, it sounds like the Kong has some stability variance too.

This is probably what it comes down to. I posted in the Kong thread how none of my Kongs came out as beefy as I was expecting. From that thread, it seems like there is variance. I recall when I threw nukes they were beefy. Oh wide rimmed drivers.

Latest posts