• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I went all Discraft last year, and feel like I have a decent setup. I won't bore everyone with my personal setup, although I will say the Mantis and RingerGT are wildly underrated...

I will say that some of my best rounds lately were with just the ESP Buzzz. I score as well as with the whole bag, and get decent (for me) distance. The one I'm using is a (Ohio Legend) Brad Schick tour series, and it handle everything!

Started throwing some McBeth ESP Buzzz's but the ones I had were a little light for my taste and I felt I wanted a max weight so I picked up a miss print ESP at 178g.

I was throwing it well and loving the flight but this particular ESP was hard as a rock and super slick and I would occasionally have it slip out early and ruin an otherwise perfect shot.
I've got an ESP Buzzz from 2018 that's the same way. Even in the humid summer weather, I'm finding myself licking my fingers just to get any traction on it. It's a shame because it's a perfect thrower with a noticeable amount more stability. But I can't throw the darn thing consistently because of the grip.

I wonder how it works, what kind of database it uses?

If i putt a "Polecat" in i would think the tool would recommend the "Rattler". . but it chooses the Banger GT?!

I put Stego in, and it returned nothing. I put Teebird in, and it lied.

If you putt the Stego in the return should be "we don´t make a disc like that and we never will..buy the Stego if you need a disc that OS" ;)

The Teebird3 gets a better answer than the Teebird. . .but the answer SHOULD be the Undertaker

I have 4 Undertakers and they all fly different. The Z is the flippy one. Go figure. If you're looking for a Stego just buy a Stego. And have fun. With that...😁

I have 4 Undertakers and they all fly different. The Z is the flippy one. Go figure. If you're looking for a Stego just buy a Stego. And have fun. With that...

Yes i have US Undertakers and a super OS CryZtal sparkle. . super wide stability range on that mould.

It´s not fun to throw a Stego. .. but it´s fun watching others trying to throw it :)

I have 4 Undertakers and they all fly different. The Z is the flippy one. Go figure.

That's weird.

I have a stack of undertakers (about 15-20? haven't counted lately) and it's one of the most consistent molds across plastics as I've ever thrown. Sure, there's slight variation across plastics, but generally I know exactly what I'm going to get when I go grab one off the shelf in a certain plastic.

My 'flippiest' undertaker is a worn in ESP. I have a 168 Z that was the first one I bought and it isn't even what I would consider understable yet (more a testament to Z plastic than the undertaker as a disc, I think) I have to carry a pipeline next to my undertakers because I've never found one to have much, if any, turn when new.

The disc switcher tool for some reason recommends the Zombee as a Spark replacement.
643799529FBCA71DF6AB5B7D49CE2F61888BA4F1

Going to Michigan States here in a few days. Since it's a Discraft event its going to be interesting what exactly they have for payout plastic seeing how a lot of vendors are running real low on DC stock. Probably going to be all tour plastic is my guess.

although i disagree with some of their switches and recommendations i agree its brilliant

Yes i have US Undertakers and a super OS CryZtal sparkle. . super wide stability range on that mould.

It´s not fun to throw a Stego. .. but it´s fun watching others trying to throw it :)

Stego is a blast to throw. It's just so absurd. And it's the ultimate get out of jail disc.

Is the "THE SWITCH-YOUR-BAG TOOL" new?
https://buildmybag.discraft.com/#/

Not sure what the other manufacturers will like this tool ;)

Tried it just for giggles and grins.

I agree it's a decent marketing tool and people wanting to throw what Paul throws may buy in.

The few of my go-to discs that I entered are nothing like their recommended discs. For example, I don't think an Undertaker would give me a flight anything like my FD3.

Latest posts