• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique My Bag

Made a few more tweaks to my bag the past couple weeks. Added some OLFs that still need to break in some but have already shown glimpses of awesomeness. I'm also trying out a Champ tourney stamp Teebird I traded for that is a lighter than my 12x.

Putters:
Eraser Wizard - Go to putter
Eraser Wizard - Strait Driving
Soft Wizard - Beat flippy driving putter
G9 Wizard - Headwind driving and putts

Mids:
X Comet - Longer turnover and anny shots. Super strait shots that I want to end anny or want to glide for miles.
Seasoned Z Buzzz - This is the mid I grab more than any other. No fade left in this thing. Holds anny lines and will finish flat when thrown flat. Absolutely love this disc.
Fresh Z Buzzz - Strait with a stronger fade than my other 2 Buzzzs. My wind shot Buzzz.
Ti Buzzz - Fits nicely in between my two Z Buzzzs. Strait but with a tad of fade at the end.

Drivers:
7/10 DX Teebird - Throw flat with alot of snap will finish left but with enough air it will fade back flat. Also nice for long hyzer-flips.
First Run Pro Teebird - Perfect for long hyzer-flips like my DX but it wont beat in as fast. Awesome for tailwind drives and dead strait shots.
12x Champ Teebird - Headwind fairway driver. When I need that reliable right hand fade at the end of my shot.
Champ Teebird 168g - Lighter than my other champ tb so seeing if it fits my arm a little better than the other.
1.1 MOLF - Understable driver. Needs to be broken in some but I am already loving this disc.
1.1 QOLF - More stable champ counterpart to the millennium blend.

You seem to be missing a utility type disc (Drone, XXX, Trident, Etc). Something that will be a beast in the wind, and that you can throw OH, FH, BH, and Rollers with. Also something for longish anhyzers (river, leo, avenger SS maybe). I don't really throw the OLFs so I'm not sure how understable they get. Maybe it will be fine.

I definitely don't have a super stable utility disc in my bag yet. Waiting for one to fall in my lap like the rest of the molds I keep in my bag have done haha.

For the annies that you mentioned I used the a beat in disc of each mold I carry.
Old school beat Wizard. No bead left on this sucker
Old Z Buzzz
Beat to hell DX Teebird

I also have a X Comet that works very well for anny shots.

I think the only thing you are missing (as others have mentioned) is an overstable utility disc. I would highly recommend the Drone for a midrange or a Firebird for a driver. Both of those discs have got me out of numerous tricky situations.

I really like your bag setup though so far. Those Beat up DX Teebirds are sure fun to throw. I throw LHBH as well and my beat DX Teebird is a blessing for any drive that needs to finish left.

Since you took that 11x Black Teebird out of the bag are you looking to sell it?

If so I would be very interested in either trading for it or buying it from you.

PM me if interested

I have been contemplating today about an overstable utility disc, which one/the shots I would use it for etc.

Though I can honestly say I can't think of a time where I really needed a super stable disc. I haven't had the opportunity to play anything more competitive than local doubles/singles and I haven't found myself in a situation where I was worried about how the wind would effect my throw. My stable disc in each mold have been able to hold their own in any windy situations I have come across.

Also I rarely ever throw overhand and I haven't tried to add a lhfh to my game as of yet either. I can also confidently say that I have never thrown a roller in a round before (intentionally that is lol).

These areas are definitely parts of my game that I want to improve/add to but for the time being I can't think of a need to add an overstable utility disc to my bag. I could just keep my Pro Destroyer in for the sake of it I guess haha.

I must say that im really impressed with your disc selection.
Imo, a fresh solf is very close to a pred and would easily handle most headwinds. You being lhbh is likely why you see less of a need for super stable discs.

I must say that im really impressed with your disc selection.
Imo, a fresh solf is very close to a pred and would easily handle most headwinds. You being lhbh is likely why you see less of a need for super stable discs.

Why thank you haha. I have always been more partial to more neutral stability discs.

When I first started playing with the intention to practice and cultivate my game the only two discs I had were a Wizard and a Buzzz, the super beat ones that are currently in my bag.

I have always tried to improve my ability with the discs I have for the shots I need instead of buying a new disc for each different shot I wanted to throw (lacking the funds to buy the discs helped a good bit too lol). Doing this has really enabled me to figure out the flight of the discs that I do have and how I can manipulate them, which is a style of golf I like much better than having a different disc for each different shot.

Less stable discs fit right into my game because of that. They allow me to shape all sorts of different lines with release angles and power level. With an overstable disc the flight would be just left haha.

I understand that there are instances where something like that could be exactly what I want for a shot but I am more than capable of that with any of my discs.

Lately I have been thinking about a compliment to my teebird in particular. Something with lower hss and higher lss. Thought that might also make the lines limited or I would only be able to throw in certain conditions or with so much power on it.

Just contemplating more than anything. Like I said I usually wait a while to incorporate a new disc into the line up or even purchase one for that matter. I like to make sure I make an educated decision on the next disc for me.

If your seriously looking for something stable try a cystal flx nuke.

Not necessarily stable but something that will be understable out of the hand and stable as it slows. Now that I think about it that sounds like a beat Destroyer though I am still trying to stay away from discs that fast. I could always grab a lighter weight DX Destroyer and beat the tar out of it. I think the DX Destroyer I have right now is 175g.

Few new updates in regards to my bag. Picked up a DGA Elite Shield bag today and traded my black 11x Teebird for a nice blue bs Buzzz thrower a couple days ago. The new bag lets me keep a few more discs in so I went ahead and threw my destroyers back in there ha. I grab them very rarely during a round. They are benched for the time being but nice to have them in the same place with my others for field practice instead of having to dig around my trunk lol.

taking the Ti Buzzz out of the bag for the time being and sticking with my Zs. The bs Buzzz I just grabbed is less stable than the beat Z buzzz I have. I can get nice turnover shots and hyzer flips out of it which gives me some more variety in shots with the buzzz than the Ti did. So my current line up is looking like this:

Putters:
Eraser Wizard - Go to putter
Eraser Wizard - Strait Driving

Mids:
X Comet - Longer turnover and anny shots. Super strait shots that I want to end anny or want to glide for miles.
Seasoned BS Z Buzzz - Understable duties for the buzzz. Nice hyzerflips and annys. Loving it so far.
Seasoned Z Buzzz - This is the mid I grab more than any other. No fade left in this thing. Holds anny lines and will finish flat when thrown flat. Absolutely love this disc.
Fresh Z Buzzz - Strait with a stronger fade than my other 2 Buzzzs. My wind shot Buzzz.

Drivers:
7/10 DX Teebird - Throw flat with alot of snap will finish left but with enough air it will fade back flat. Also nice for long hyzer-flips.
First Run Pro Teebird - Perfect for long hyzer-flips like my DX but it wont beat in as fast. Awesome for tailwind drives and dead strait shots.
12x Champ Teebird - Headwind fairway driver. When I need that reliable right hand fade at the end of my shot.
Champ Teebird 168g - Lighter than my other champ tb so seeing if it fits my arm a little better than the other.
1.1 MOLF - Understable driver. Needs to be broken in some but I am already loving this disc.
1.1 QOLF - More stable champ counterpart to the millennium blend.
DX/Pro/Blizz Destroyer - In the bag for field practice/massive hyzer shots.

Last edited:
It has been a while since my last bag update so I think its about time to post up the latest contents of my bag evolution.

I dropped the DGA bag because it was a piece of junk and grabbed a GB Silverback which has been perfect. I think I finally found a bag that I won't wanna replace in 6 months haha. Now onto the good stuff.

Putters:
Old Beat Glow Wizard - I pulled it out of the practice stack/retirement is now my designated putter once again.

Mids:
ESP Comet - In the process of breaking it in to the point that I want so I don't grab it as much as the X but the day will come where I will remove the X for the ESP.
Seasoned BS Z Buzzz - Understable duties for the buzzz. Nice hyzerflips and annys. Loving it so far.
Z Wasp - I just bought this disc the other day and it instantly earned its place in the bag. I can rip it flat and it goes super strait with a nice reliable fade at the end. I use it for those shots where the freshest Buzzz just doesn't quite have the fade needed.

Drivers:
Pro Line Leopard - I use this disc for anny drives that I want to finish left without dumping and turning into a roller. Superb disc for line shaping. All around great disc.
First Run Pro Teebird - All this thing is capable of is finishing left now. So now it is my roller/sky anny spike disc. Still useful but not as much as it once was.
Barstamp DX Teebird - I like the durability of the older DX plastic so I got this instead of buying a new DX every month or so. Hyzerflip machine. This is probably consistently my furthest flying disc. I think I will always have a DX TB in the bag ha.
Star Teebird 168g - This is the bird I grab when I want a lazerbeam line. My most used Teebird by far.
1.7 EXP1 - Overstable driver/utility disc. I very rarely reach for this disc but I have been able to learn how a disc like this can come in handy when I'm in the right situations. Got it from PIAS for 4 bucks so its more than worth keeping in the bag for now haha.
1.1 MOLF - I can get some awesome distance with this disc but I am not nearly as confident in it as my Teebirds so I don't grab it as often. It is great for big hyzer shots, slight hyzerflips, and huge anny pan shots. Great disc I just need to spend some more time throwing it.

All in all I believe I carry fewer discs but I have added a few molds. I am hesitant to add molds to the bag ever but the new molds that I have added are similar enough in feel to broaden my range of shots without making me feel like I need to learn a completely new disc.

The abridged version of my bag contents is this:
Wizard/Comet/Buzzz/Wasp/Leopard/Teebird/EXP1/OLF
8 molds over 15 discs. Not as minimalist as my bag has been but still not an excess of different molds.

Comments, advice, questions, etc... are all greatly appreciated :D

It has been a while since the last time I updated the contents of my bag so here ya go. Please feel free to leave any comments or critiques.
Putter 250 and less:
Organic Wizard – Putting duties
Soft Wizard – Probably around 6/10 (no bead left) used for annys, short turnovers, strait approaches, and floaty shots
Soft Wizard – Main driving putter
Midranges 275-325:
Esp Comet – Do it all mid when there is no ceiling to worry about, uphill approaches, and annys that need a lot of right to left movement without turning and burning
Z Buzzz – Super beat , low annys/turnovers, finishing left
Z Buzzz – Strait with no fade (when in doubt I grab this disc)
Z Buzzz – Strait with slight fade
Z Wasp – Strait with pronounced fade
Z Wasp – Most stable mid. Flex shot, headwinds, big hyzers
Drivers 350 or more maxing from 380 to 400 depending on the disc:
Proline Leopard – Super beat turnover/anny machine, finishes left
Echo Star Leopard – Stable counterpart to the Proline
Pro Teebird – Spike anny, rollers, utility understable driver
Star Teebird – My go to Driver. Hyzerflips, annys, strait shots. I should probably grab another one of these before this one runs out of its magic.
12x Champ Teebird – Strait with fade
1.5 EXP1 – Lighter weight (167) utility stable driver. For a little added distance/height when needed. Pro like plastic so I'm interested to see how it wears in.
1.7 EXP1 – Most stable driver for hyzers, stiff headwinds, flexshots
1.1 OLF – Very beat in. Perfect for long turnovers and annys
1.1 QOLF – Strait distance driver. Nice turn and fade for carving a variety of lines
D4 – Just started throwing this disc this past week but so far I am digging it. It is understable enough for me to get a lot of different lines with it. For now it is just in the bag for experimenting with but it has made a good first impression. I haven't ever been one to throw superfast drivers with big rims but I have been getting more use to it the more I throw it. Pushing it a little over 400 regularly so if I can gain some more control with it I may keep it in the bag.

For now I know that I am a little midrange heavy but I do really like my midranges and I don't ever have a problem deciding which one to throw but I am always open for suggestions and feedback. Loving my bag right now but I'm sure there can almost always be some tweaks made haha.

That bag looks pretty solid to me.

Usually the problem is driver heavy, not mid-range heavy. Personally, I carry two midranges (one stable to flippy and one very stable for headwinds). However, many players (including pros) carry a stack of rocs in different stabilities. You carry a lot of midrange discs, but you are only working with three molds (understable, stable, and overstable).

I agree jdw try a fuse, I throw the buzz and prefer it over the meteor. but both the fuse and meteor have great glide. and I agreee on getting a overstable xxx/pred/firebird/banshee.

It has been quite a while since I have been on the forums and a very long time since I have updated the contents of my bag in this thread.
The bag hasn't changed very much, it has just undergone some tweaks and slight changes. The distance drivers I carry is the largest change to the bag. I'm beginning to become more accustomed to them and as I continue to gain more distance with them I find myself reaching for them more. Though my experimentation with distance drivers has been limited to the ones I have listed. I know there are all sorts of other molds, some more popular, but I really like the feel of the plastic haha.

Feel free to leave comments/advice/criticism/whatever you want ha.

Putter 250 and less:
G9i – Putting duties
Soft Wizard – Probably around 5/10 (if not less, very worn, no bead left) used for annys, short turnovers, strait approaches, and floaty shots
Soft Wizard – 7/10 Understable/Straight driving putter
Evo Wizard - 8/10 Stable driving putter

Midranges 275-325:
Z Buzzz – 6/10 Super beat , annys/turnovers, finishing left, touch tunnel shots
Z Buzzz – 7/10 Strait with no fade (when in doubt I grab this disc)
Z Buzzz – 9/10 Strait with slight fade
Z Wasp – 8/10 Strait with pronounced fade
Ti Wasp – 9.5/10 Most stable mid. Flex shot, headwinds, big hyzers

Fairway Drivers 350~375:
Proline Leopard – Super beat turnover/anny machine, finishes left
Champ TL - Hyzerflip line shaper
Star Teebird – My go to Driver. Hyzerflips, annys, strait shots. I should probably grab another one of these before this one runs out of its magic.
Champ Totem Teebird – Strait with fade
1.7 EXP1 – Stable driver for hyzers, stiff headwinds, flexshots
F1 - Super stable utility disc. Working on getting the EXP1 out of the bag with this.

Distance Drivers 375+:
D5 400s - Just picked this up the other day. Trying to see if it will work for me as a long utility understable driver
D4 400s- Understable distance driver
Proto D4 400s - Straight distance driver
D3 400G- Overstable distance driver (despite it being a D3 ha)
D2 400G- Straight distance driver, not as far as my D4s but has a much more dependable fade

Latest posts