• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crosslap Cubus vs. Delta Cart

I took the Cubus out this evening for the first time. It didn't disappoint. The sit height is perfect for me. It has really good balance.

I found out it does have a pencil holder on the side of the front pocket. During the round I used the mini pocket to hold my phone without any problems. I'd be comfortable with removing those two cons from my list above.

I wasn't able to get a side by side pic of the Delta cart, but I did get one taken next to a zuca all terrain cart.

Attachments

• IMG_20180321_180753.jpg
    IMG_20180321_180753.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20180321_184524.jpg
    IMG_20180321_184524.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 195
I received mine a week or so ago, however I have not had a chance to get out on the course with it. The review above I would agree with for the most part, it's definitely a bit bigger than the delta. I took all of my stuff out of the delta and put it in the Cubus and the delta still weighed more. That is one thing I am excited about for sure. The storage inside the cart is a nice feature as well, it's just seems easier to get to things than the delta. I will give you all some info once I actually get on the course. I think anyone who does get one will be impressed with the quality and for that price it seems well worth it!

I have my Cubus now for almost one year.
Due to the weather condition here in Germany I always have some small extra towels under the discs. The disc will come up a little bit, but there is lots of space on top. If it is raining hard, I put my big towel on top of the discs and close the lid. No water will come in.
In practice rounds, i fill up the left front pocket inside the cubus with 5 extra putters. If I want to practice driving on a "driving range", I could fill up the cubus with 35 drivers...
In tournament I use the right pocket inside with a compressed raincoat and a little box with something to eat. Underneath this I hide my purse and keys.
The only thing I have to change in my game is: With a bag I could sit in front of it and look into my bag and pull out the disc, which I want to throw.
When I am sitting on my Cubus and I am waiting for my turn, I cannot pull out the disc. I have to keep in mind, which disc I will pull out, when it's my turn. But that's peanuts.

BTW: Crosslap has change the Lid henges multiple times. At least I got these ones, which feels like leather, but they are not leather. They are some kind of very durable dog leash with something like teflon strips woven inside. You can see it at the side.

I don´t understand why thay made the cart so high, there looks to be 5cm of free space between the discs and the lid. . the Delta looks to be much smaller

I don´t understand why thay made the cart so high, there looks to be 5cm of free space between the discs and the lid. . the Delta looks to be much smaller

Not even joking, I like that they did that quite a bit. I can lay a couple towels in there and the lid closes without issue. If you did that with the delta the lid would not close all the way...sometimes even with one towel.

Not even joking, I like that they did that quite a bit. I can lay a couple towels in there and the lid closes without issue. If you did that with the delta the lid would not close all the way...sometimes even with one towel.

It apparently helped today... Nice win! :thmbup:

Thx for the review and pics of both carts. I don't know...my original Ridge Roller/Zuca still just looks more sexy to me compared to these low box style carts. hmm...

Whichever cart comes up with a electric drive integrated system for hilly courses, I'll buy first.

This one looks good, just needs the Braaaaap!! factor like the ball golfers have:thmbup::thmbup:

Thx for the review and pics of both carts. I don't know...my original Ridge Roller/Zuca still just looks more sexy to me compared to these low box style carts. hmm...

This is one of the silliest things I've ever read on the entire internet. Ever.

That original RR/Zuca is functional, but it's fugly aesthetically. Especially when compared to the Delta.

This is one of the silliest things I've ever read on the entire internet. Ever.

That original RR/Zuca is functional, but it's fugly aesthetically. Especially when compared to the Delta.

I am far from being alone in my thinking, far from it. The delta while obviously built like a tank... still gives off that "milk crate with a handle" vibe. But....I digress....when my RR finally breaks down I will more than likely go with the Delta. But I hope by then they will have lowered their production costs to make it more consumer price friendly.

If that is one of the silliest things you've seen or read on the internet, your internet must be tiny compared to the one I am seeing :doh:

I received mine a week or so ago, however I have not had a chance to get out on the course with it. The review above I would agree with for the most part, it's definitely a bit bigger than the delta. I took all of my stuff out of the delta and put it in the Cubus and the delta still weighed more. That is one thing I am excited about for sure. The storage inside the cart is a nice feature as well, it's just seems easier to get to things than the delta. I will give you all some info once I actually get on the course. I think anyone who does get one will be impressed with the quality and for that price it seems well worth it!

How much was the Cubus? You selling your old Delta?

I believe the retail in the states is only $329. I just checked Discsunlimited and I am not sure if they sold out? If you are really interested, let me know and I can email them and see if they have more on the way or if anyone else in the states has them in stock yet.

I believe the retail in the states is only $329. I just checked Discsunlimited and I am not sure if they sold out? If you are really interested, let me know and I can email them and see if they have more on the way or if anyone else in the states has them in stock yet.

I emailed them earlier today to see if they are getting any more. Thanks though!

A DiscsUnlimited rep told me (via email) that the Cubus restock is on the way. It may take 6-8 weeks because the shipping process from Germany is slow. She said the Cubus would run $325 with shipping included. Sounds reasonable.

Does Delta charge extra for shipping?