• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Current Bags for a DIY Golf Backpack

Just ordered a Bonner III bag from academy. I'll post pics when I get it and play around with it.

Can't find anywhere that has a U-Channel divider in stock though. Anyone know a trustworthy site that has them in stock?

Just ordered a Bonner III bag from academy. I'll post pics when I get it and play around with it.

Can't find anywhere that has a U-Channel divider in stock though. Anyone know a trustworthy site that has them in stock?

I just ordered a channel and divider from fade. Cost 15.99 shipped. Shoot them an email and they will send you a paypal invoice.

I just got the bass pro shops extreme 360 tackle box backpack and i put a channel and dividers in the bottom compartment. Will post some pics later.

Was the 360 big enough? That other fellow seemed to think it needed to fit 370s to be large enough? That's a great looking option for $30 if it works.

Very interested in seeing how your project works out.

Was the 360 big enough? That other fellow seemed to think it needed to fit 370s to be large enough? That's a great looking option for $30 if it works.

Very interested in seeing how your project works out.

That other fellow? The 360 or 370 guideline was just meant to be a red flag to look at when considering a tackle backpack for a DIY project. 360 boxes are 7" deep, that's just a fact. That doesn't mean that every backpack that comes with 360 boxes are only 7" inches deep, but a lot that I have seen are. The Spiderwire Tackle Backpack is a good example. Gorgeous bag, very sharp looking. If it was another 1 ½" deep I'd be carrying it right now. If you go on the Bass Pro Shop website and look at the specs for the 360 Extreme Qualifer, it states it's 9" inches deep. So one could be reasonably confident that it would fit discs well.

It's tough to put strict guidelines on something like a DIY. I've come across a few snags and have tried to pass on some tips to make sure people don't go spending unnecessary money, is all. I love seeing new options pop up on here.

Just got the bag today, and it is incredible!

Here's an album I threw together for it: http://imgur.com/a/GKPwd

I have 20 discs in it and there is still room for a few more. I still need to get a couple safety pins to stop the zippers from unzipping BUT even when they do unzip a bit, the bag doesn't lose any integrity and holds the discs well. I just want to pin them for aesthetics sake.

For 30$ this bag is impressive.

Just got the bag today, and it is incredible!

Here's an album I threw together for it: http://imgur.com/a/GKPwd

I have 20 discs in it and there is still room for a few more. I still need to get a couple safety pins to stop the zippers from unzipping BUT even when they do unzip a bit, the bag doesn't lose any integrity and holds the discs well. I just want to pin them for aesthetics sake.

For 30$ this bag is impressive.

Also a sweet bag!

Anyone have any details on making a putter pocket for the top part? I got the one on the front which was pretty much there once the main flap is folded, but would like to make one at the top by the straps/handle. Figured I'd ask before I start hacking and duct taping.

Just got back from playing 2 rounds and I am completely satisfied with this thing. The weight distribution was perfect and it held the discs perfectly. Really wish I did it sooner.

Just got back from playing 2 rounds and I am completely satisfied with this thing. The weight distribution was perfect and it held the discs perfectly. Really wish I did it sooner.

I agree. After about 5 rounds, I am satisfied. Night and day difference compared to my innova deluxe bag without shoulder straps

All this talk got me wanting a backpack and this is what I came home with, total cost was a whopping $3.75 (found at the thrift store for 15% off). it's a travel backpack with wheels but I mostly bought it for the hard plastic bottom and roomy main pocket. I have to cut out a piece in the bottom that sticks out where the poll attached to so all the discs sit flush against the back but even with that, still pretty happy.
I can fit 20 discs in there plus 3 putters in the very front pocket, and then two more in the middle pocket, but I think I'll end up using it for storage. There is also a D ring on one of the straps to attach a towel plus two side pockets, one mesh one closed. Very spacious bag plus you can't beat $4.00 It will get its first trial run tomorrow and will let everybody know how it performed.
Enough talking, on with the pictures.

Okay, took the bag out for 3 rounds yesterday and everything was pretty good, I love that none of the pockets zip all the way down, it was nice I didn't have to worry about disc falling out. The wheels were pushing in my back a little bit so after the first two rounds I took those out and made a huge difference in comfort and the bag sitting up against my back better.

I didn't play any courses with huge hills or anything so I couldn't test the stability of the bag but worst comes to worst I can always lay it on it's back. Thinking about getting a u channel for it but for a while it works great.

Anyone still using the Magellan Bonner III? How do you like them? How are they holding up? I was in Academy the other day and they had a ton of them. They also had a ton of other backpacks out. I need to spend some quality time looking at backpacks....anyway...Bonner III review anyone?

Latest posts