[Innova] Cycling KC Pro Rocs.

zepphead33

Eagle Member
Is it worth it? KC Pro is pretty d@mn tough and I feel like it would take forever to get them to various stages. Just curious if anybody actually does this.

I carry a kc roc to have one that stays overstable, dx rocs are much better for breaking in over a reasonable amount of time.

I cycle KC Pro Rocs, and if you use them often, they beat in to stable fairly quickly. It takes less time than you'd think.

Also, totally worth it, imo.

Edit: Then again, I play a lot of tightly wooded courses, so I'm hitting trees fairly regularly. They might not beat in so well if you play mostly park-style or more open courses.

Most of my courses are pretty wooded. I am thinking that once my newish DX Roc isn't so stable, I am going to throw in a KC Pro and start cycling them in whenever I need a new stable Roc.

as far as cycling KC rocs my humble opinion is that you get a Dx roc and start with that as it will beat in faster. Once you have your DX roc seasoned start working on some KC pro rocs.

Cheers - Koffee

I've never used the dx to start off with, but it makes sense.

Lost my train of thought on the above post, I wanted to mention you can just buy one off the market place that is already seasoned.

Cheers - Koffee

I bought an 180 8X KC pro when they first came out, it's still the stable Roc in my bag. I also carry a dx Roc so I don't always use the 8X for my Roc throw.

I'm cycling now. I carry 5 Rocs. 1 beat DX that turns late, 1 gummy KC that turns early, a neutral KC, a slightly more stable 11x and a beefy hole 7. I'm hoping that neutral KC will replace the DX at some point.

This is basically what I do as well. My KC is my stable work horse, then I cycle in Dx Rocs. I have one Dx that is straight and one that I'm working on now. I carry way to many overlapping rocs. I really need to get a colored KC Roc for when winter comes.

I carry a kc roc to have one that stays overstable, dx rocs are much better for breaking in over a reasonable amount of time.

Eh, why not just get both at first, use the DX's until your first KC is beaten in to neutral, reassign that one to straight duties and get another KC for overstable, etc. In time you'll have slowly beaten KC's enough to have them cover all the slots.

In my opinion cycling rocs is the smartest thing to do. I have and also will do this. Right now I carry 4 rocs. A dx glo which I have broken in for the past 5 years and I use it for any under stable mid range shot that I need. The next I have a nicely beaten kc pro roc, which will flip up nice and just go straight with lade turn. Next I have a dx san marino which is my goto for any straight shot. And lastly I carry a star roc+ which is my straight to overstable roc.
Honestly just start throwing rocs on every hole you play. This is what I did back in the day to break in my dx glo roc. It helps it break in but also teaches you better how to throw a roc. What you will find when you start breaking in a roc is that there is (at least for me) a one month period where it is broken in perfectly and just goes straight. Then you use it more and this then turns into your floppy roc. Just toss another one in your bag and do it all over again. After some time you will have a bag of rocs all in different states of wear.
And if your looking for a roc to be overstable just go with a champ gator. These things are the best.

I do the same thing. I have 5 kc rocs in various stages of ware and I have 5 brand new ones that I slowly cycle in, I only throw colored kc rocs, yellow and orange plus I have a blue one that is only 168g and I throw it on open holes with a tail wind.

I cyclone KC Rocs as well. It will take me about 4 years to go through one Roc. I put a brand new in the bag every year, and take the oldest one out. Just got myself a stack of 15 11x Rocs, so I should be good for the next 15 years. I try and keep backups of my beat KC Rocs in DX plastic, and use those as replacements for courses or holes (water) I feel I might loose or destroy an 11x.