• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Cyclone and Stalker - What speed are they?

tmaniac

Par Member
What speed would you say a Cyclone and Z Stalker are in Innova terms? Does the plastic (D/X/ESP) for the Clone make much difference?

I've heard some wildly varying things about Stalker speed and it has a high power rating on the GTGT chart.

Stalker has 1.6 rim, which Innova would call a 6, however I find it to be faster/longer than other 6's I've thrown. For me it's every bit as long as a Teebird, if not longer.

Cyclone as a speed six is perfect. Stalker, though, is more like a seven. Very similar to a Teebird, as cliche as saying that is.

I feel comfortable calling the Stalker a speed 7 disc. I also am comfortable calling it amazeballs. Especially the Z-Glo. They have always had very little dome for me. I know nothing of a Cyclone.

Stalkers are great. I have a few cyclones, a beat ProD that is super flippy, an old cactus stamp one that is pretty stable and a couple of ESP. Z Stalker is in the bag, Cyclones are on the shelf ;-)

I will add the Z Cyclone is a pig and can almost be labled slower because its a glideless turd. I love cyclones, but a Z cyclone is what I used in the slot others used a drone until I found a gateway demon...

Using the Z-Cyclone that way as it stands today. I also bag an ESP Cyclone and a 150 class Pro-D. With the wind the Pro-D might even compete for longest disc in the bag LHBH. I've become pretty proficient at LHFH with beefy DD's so the Cyclone sees much less work as anything but a controlled mid-fairway, thus the Z gets most of the work.

I have to agree with the other posters who put the Stalker at speed 7. I've only thrown one cyclone in base plastic and was underwhelmed after having thrown stalkers for the past 6 years.

If you ever get your hands on a team-stamp esp one (white), I'll be your first customer. If you don't sell it to me then keep it until the day you die. Beats into a magical thing. (Also it's about speed 8).

Cyclones are very plastic dependent. The best ones are the old cactus stamped Tourney Pro ones. The closest you get to that in the current plastics is ESP (although those are OOP now as well.) The X are OK, they just don't glide as well for some reason. Pro D Cyclones are a lot less stable than the other Cyclones, Z Cyclones are a lot more overstable than other Cyclones. Strangely, the Z Cyclones I threw were really bad in the wind despite being overstable. It's the full spectrum: there probably is no disc I've loved so completely as a Tourney Pro Cyclone and no disc I have found more useless than a Z Cyclone. I still have some ESP's bagged.

I bag 3 stalkers, it seems they are around speed 7. I throw them off the tee when my buddies are throwing their bosses and destroyers. The stalker goes for days with hardly any effort.

2 in Z
1 in Ti

I also have a X Cyclone, and I just can't seem to figure that thing out.

Cyclone is a speed 6, like a Gazelle. Stalker is a speed 7, like a TeeBird. I have seen some sites refer to the Stalker as a speed 8. This is untrue, even though Stalkers are sneaky long for a mold with a microbead.

Latest posts