• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] D5

remove the flashing from your d4. they have excess flashing on the bottom of flightplate due to prodigy not trimming them properly. I have thrown various prots,first runs and stockstamped. once flashing is removed they are understable and make awesome hyzerflip discs

Must have speed to turn over a D4...

I thought my D4 wasn't understable until I let someone who can throw over 500 toss it and he flipped it very nicely. That told me everything I needed to know... most of us cannot throw speed 14 drivers and have them fly as expected. I suspect that is the biggest reason why folks here are saying the D4 is stable to overstable.

I thought my D4 wasn't understable until I let someone who can throw over 500 toss it and he flipped it very nicely. That told me everything I needed to know... most of us cannot throw speed 14 drivers and have them fly as expected. I suspect that is the biggest reason why folks here are saying the D4 is stable to overstable.
I threw a measured 498.6ft with a D4. They aren't understable for me.

I am sure the pro that I let throw it can throw distance drivers.

Really!? Mines a first run and I throw it on an almost 90 degree hyzer and I still can't trust it to come back. I throw it around 430 for reference; if it comes back.

I have heard you have to put quite a bit of stank on it to get it to do what it supposed to do...thats why mines not in my bag currently....probably why a lot of people think its too over

Just got an email from Prodigy. The D5 is now available to vendors, so we should be seeing them out on the market pretty soon. Prodigy says that it is the most understable driver they have made to date so hopefully these will actually be understable.

Also they are releasing the Catrina Allen Sig Series. D4, M4, F3, and PA1.

D4s must have been pretty inconsistant. The one I had for a while was more understable than my Mamba. I could barely keep it in the air, and I can't get any disc made up to speed.

I got a 169 Proto D4 and I only have 300 feet of power. The disc is weird but I really like it.

Thrown with hyzer it bombs hyzer.
Thrown with hyzerflip it flips up to straight with a tiny fade at the end.
Thrown flat it goes out and HSS about -3, then fades about 3 or 4 on LSS.
Thrown anny without a lot of power it will S curve.
Thrown hard with anny will hold the line to the dirt.

On anny lines I have to turn it far more than other disc for it to anny. Any other disc would turn into a roller at that angle.

whats weird is it is listed as 13 5 -3 2
d4 is 13 6 -3 2

so.... why would you want it with less glide and same other characteristics???

Well if thats true and its actually a speed 13 Im out....was hoping for something more Valk like......

once the uniintended flashing is removed from the d4 it is very "faster Valk like"

great hyzer flip disc but the d2 and d3 are my fav drivers.

Mike C, ladies and gentlemen. :clap:

Funnily enough I was scouring your youtube yesterday, Mike, but I'd missed this puppy. I was watching the Portage Lakes video and regretting not making it up there last month. :(

D5 seems to hyzer flip nicely at your power. Also seems that the 2 fade indication is more or less accurate.

I've been compiling a list of understable distance drivers to try out when I have the money for it. I had great success with my first unLace - so much so that I threw it over a fence into oblivion :p - but my second has been catastrophically understable, to the point of being almost unthrowable. Rather than buy another one to see which is the outlier, I'm looking into alternatives. I'm starting to hit 325'-350' in the field with my fairways, and had gotten a huge D boost with my first unLace, so I think I could benefit from the right distance driver.

Latest posts