• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dallas, Fort Worth side for beginners ??

Lanzer913

Par Member
Heading to Dallas this weekend and I'm taking my father in law to play, I need a good open course for beginners nothing to hard or long, on the Fort Worth side near the Whatauga area. Thanks

Also any good pro shops in the area ?

North Park and Arcadia Park are the closest to that area. Neither is extremely difficult (Arcadia is a little more open; North Park is pretty moderately wooded over the majority of it), but neither are a short walk either. Both are nice, though. There's a six-hole beginner level pitch/putt up in Keller (north of Watauga) that I hear is pretty simple (never played it).

Last edited:
If you're looking for more of an open course then Arcadia for sure. North Park is really nice but can be frustrating for beginners with the amount of trees on some holes.

The six-hole course is a nice pitch n putt but there is a playground right in the middle of it and often full of little kids and parents running around.

Arcadia can be a pretty long walk. While north park seems not to be as much of a walk. In that area is a pro shop ran by inches of mercury. Less then 1.5 miles from north park I believe. Greenbriar on 35 and seminary may be the most beginner friendly set up, but te last few holes play around a fenced govt area and a pond so disc retrieval sucks. Grapevine (bear creek) is not beginner friendly at all so I would skip it. There is a 9 hole on Saginaw that is really open, short walk (played in 25 minutes).

North Park does have a lot of trees, but the distances are not ridiculous for beginners. Arcadia is very long for a beginner. Bear Creek is not too bad on distance, but a lot of low ceilings make it difficult.

I'd prob recommend North Park. Sonora in Kennedale would be my personal choice, but that's probably more south than you want to go.

I'd suggest Lake Park, which is right next to Dynamic Discs shop. It's a bit north, but it's the only proshop style disc golf store in the dfw.

I'd suggest Lake Park, which is right next to Dynamic Discs shop. It's a bit north, but it's the only proshop style disc golf store in the dfw.

Lake Park in Lewisville is fairly beginner friendly. And while there are a number of places that stock a lot of discs (the Quick Stop in Arlington for example), but the DD store is much more "pro shop" like.

Haslet community park is a pretty wide open course. Some holes have some distance but most are relatively short.

Lake Park in Lewisville is fairly beginner friendly. And while there are a number of places that stock a lot of discs (the Quick Stop in Arlington for example), but the DD store is much more "pro shop" like.

A big selling point for DD Lewisville, their shop employees play disc golf, and I know atleast one of em has vast knowledge of disc golf and will help you out. (he won't try to sell you the most expensive thing, he will get you what you need)

North Park does have a lot of trees, but the distances are not ridiculous for beginners. Arcadia is very long for a beginner. Bear Creek is not too bad on distance, but a lot of low ceilings make it difficult.

I'd prob recommend North Park. Sonora in Kennedale would be my personal choice, but that's probably more south than you want to go.

This would by my choice as well if you want to drive a little bit. 25 mins from Watauga. By far my favorite 9 hole course anywhere close. Easy enough for beginners but there is enough of a challenge if youre a little more experienced. Still some trees to mess with, but a couple nice Ace Runs.

How far from Watauga? I would say Haslet is the easiest in close proximity, with Leonard L Woods (LL Woods) being in 2nd although slightly further. North Park and Arcardia are good suggestions, however I would say they are more technical (Arcadia technical, LOL) than both the Haslet and LL Woods course.

Just as an aside, Haslet gives me problems. I am pretty consistently worse out there than at Arcadia or North Park or Bear Creek, etc. It is some combination of the wind out there and, maybe how open the course is? Please tell me I'm not alone in this lol

Lewisville LL Woods is open enough, and it is less than 3 miles from Dynamic Discs Lewisville store.

Thanks for all the input everyone, I ended up stoping by Dynamic Disc and picked me up a couple new Innova Atlas then played a round at Lake Park right down the road. Great time.

Latest posts