• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dart Fans Post Here!

I use RPro for everything. Driving, upshots, approaches, long runs, flicks.. They are laser straight and have good HSS. I can effortlessly get a Dart out to 280, and it responds well to smooth, snappy throws. They hold the line you put them on and will season into straight with that soft late turn. They are also sweet for straight hyzer flip FHs. I replaced my Comets with RPro Darts a while back. I do not putt Darts however, I like a bead and prefer Wizards.

Last edited:
Any experience with Star? I don't have any experience with RPro, but my Aviar3 in Star feels and flies great.

For me, grip, chaining out a bit less, and straighter finish. I use a Star Dart for approach, and short drives, but the R-Pro is noticably better for putting.

I might have to second that. I had a dx and an rpro and found that i liked the dx more for drives and the rpro felt better to me for putting. I dont actually bag either anymore but if a Dart3 hit the shelf i would for sure given it a run for a while.

I meant like Nova flight plate XT, but yeah they'd probably be too flat. I didn't realize there were holiday XT Darts. How is it?

So I recently switched from the XT NOVA to the R pro dart and have found a lost more consistency due to the better grip and smaller rim height. So my question is which Dart plastic is the most overstable and which is the least. I am thinking the r pro will beat in to understable in a month or so....it is also easy to turnover now and also hold a straight line. Looking to make it my only approach/driving putter. Thanks

I know I'm late to the club, but apparently I'm a Dart fan :)
I've been messing around with the R-Pro and DX darts… R-Pro is really nice and neutral.
My 150g DX Dart is close enough to R-Pro to make me happy but the 175g DX Dart is super stiff. Still great, I just don't like it as much as the R-Pro variant.

I guess I gotta try the Champ/Star/G* variants now hahaha

Does anyone still use this disc? I'd love to hear how the Champs compare to the R-Pro.

I wish there was a Dart3. The dome and its inherent weirdness in my hand is what chased it out of my bag, but I do love the flight.

I wish there was a Dart3. The dome and its inherent weirdness in my hand is what chased it out of my bag, but I do love the flight.
Agreed; I think this is the reason I like the R-Pro better than the DX… Even though I usually don't like soft discs.
Maybe I should try flattening the dome of one of my DX using the hot water technique? DIY dome flattening ha ha

I recently started bagging a 150 g DX Dart for my lay up shots from about 40 - 80 feet out. I can usually get it pretty close to the basket and it will sit there. The glide and flat flight is better than my putter which hyzers out at that distance.

I know I'm late to the club, but apparently I'm a Dart fan :)
I've been messing around with the R-Pro and DX darts… R-Pro is really nice and neutral.
My 150g DX Dart is close enough to R-Pro to make me happy but the 175g DX Dart is super stiff. Still great, I just don't like it as much as the R-Pro variant.

I guess I gotta try the Champ/Star/G* variants now hahaha

Does anyone still use this disc? I'd love to hear how the Champs compare to the R-Pro.

I bought an old opaque champ dart ages ago. It's suprisingly stable for a dart! R-pros are money though (there is a reason why sexton only uses those). They are basically a baby comet. Nice dome, great glide, and usually nestles flat.

I've also tried a star dart which felt nice for driving too, but it was oddly flippy and lacked dome. Could have been a one off though.

I bought an old opaque champ dart ages ago. It's suprisingly stable for a dart! R-pros are money though (there is a reason why sexton only uses those). They are basically a baby comet. Nice dome, great glide, and usually nestles flat.

I've also tried a star dart which felt nice for driving too, but it was oddly flippy and lacked dome. Could have been a one off though.

Baby Comet? Be still, my heart... <3

Agreed; I think this is the reason I like the R-Pro better than the DX… Even though I usually don't like soft discs.
Maybe I should try flattening the dome of one of my DX using the hot water technique? DIY dome flattening ha ha

I have a star dart I like but there are just so many amazing discs in that range that it only takes one "meh" quality to get nexted.

I was tempted to try out some r-pro darts, but I was too worried about them being too soft. What grade of gateway plastic would you give them? If they are a super soft I could be cool with that, if they are a SSSS there is no way.

Love the R-Pro Dart. It will hold whatever line you put it on. I much prefer it to DX, even though I like other molds in DX.

Played a Dart vs Colt round from the white tees. Backhand, forehand, whatever... the Dart delivered for me all round. Ace runs, park jobs, circle 2 putts... no problem for the Dart! I'm not loving it for primary putting duties, but everything else seems great.

I know I've said this before, but I'm shocked that this disc doesn't get more love!