• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dart Fans Post Here!

Played a Dart vs Colt round from the white tees. Backhand, forehand, whatever... the Dart delivered for me all round. Ace runs, park jobs, circle 2 putts... no problem for the Dart! I'm not loving it for primary putting duties, but everything else seems great.

I know I've said this before, but I'm shocked that this disc doesn't get more love!

What weight(s) have you tinkered with? I'd like to try them for long lazer puts, so lighter would seem better, but I'm worried it'll be too sensitive to wind...

I would then get low 170's gram upper 160's gram weight then if worried about wind but do not want max weight.

Crap! Impatient me ordered a 150g and a 175g already. I'm guessing I'll like the 150 for glide and if I have an actual complaint with wind maybe I'll settle somewhere in the middle. 175g might be a good beach disc if nothing else.

Crap! Impatient me ordered a 150g and a 175g already. I'm guessing I'll like the 150 for glide and if I have an actual complaint with wind maybe I'll settle somewhere in the middle. 175g might be a good beach disc if nothing else.

I think that the Pro Nate Sexton has a 172 gram or 171 gram R-Pro Dart. Keep the 175 gram for a windier approach or shorter approach, heavy weights do not bounce as much as a lighter weight.

Last edited:

Try 'em both, see what works for which shots. That 175 might pleasantly surprise you.

What weight(s) have you tinkered with? I'd like to try them for long lazer puts, so lighter would seem better, but I'm worried it'll be too sensitive to wind...
I'm loving my 150 DX. It's my favorite Dart of all the ones I have right now. It works magic in the heavily wooded courses I play... People who play open courses might not like them as much.

Everything else I have is 175. DX, R-Pro, and Champ. At some point I'll try a Star and G Star. I have a mission to beat my 175g Champ into submission because I think it will eventually be as sweet as the R-Pro based on the shape. But its gonna take fooorrrrreeevvveeeeerrrr to get there! It's gonna have to see dozens of one-disc rounds before the stability starts to budge I think. Good thing it's such a great candidate for one disc rounds!

My second fav is the 175 R-Pro but the 175 DX is seasoning nicely and I think that one will soon be better than the R-Pro. R-Pro is fantastic for scary greens, though... the plastic really wants to grab wherever it hits. I'm totally into Darts now, BTW hahahaha!

Darts came... one has a small finger grip feature. No!!!

Attachments

• 150g R-Pro Dart.jpg
    150g R-Pro Dart.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 62
Has anyone tried or seen an XT dart yet? XT can vary in firmness quite a bit and I am also curious on the shape of these as XT is normally pretty flat, but darts are normally very domey.

Has anyone tried or seen an XT dart yet? XT can vary in firmness quite a bit and I am also curious on the shape of these as XT is normally pretty flat, but darts are normally very domey.

XT Darts were scheduled to ship on July 15th, so they may not be at the sales sites yet. Should be available very soon, though.

The local course always has a bunch of beat up 'course discs' hanging out around the practice basket, and this past summer there was a DX Dart sitting there. I liked it right away for putting, but didn't get a chance to throw it.

I placed an order for a few Star Wraiths yesterday, and they had 3 yellow (sorry Casey) R-Pro darts in stock so I grabbed them too. I like the feel of the rim which reminds me of my Stingrays, so I'm pretty excited to give these a try.

The local course always has a bunch of beat up 'course discs' hanging out around the practice basket, and this past summer there was a DX Dart sitting there. I liked it right away for putting, but didn't get a chance to throw it.

I placed an order for a few Star Wraiths yesterday, and they had 3 yellow (sorry Casey) R-Pro darts in stock so I grabbed them too. I like the feel of the rim which reminds me of my Stingrays, so I'm pretty excited to give these a try.

Nah get the Color you want for you, My Brother uses a Yellow putter and almost always has since 2005 almost 2 years into playing disc golf.

Latest posts