• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gotten to know Dave pretty well over the past couple of years. I've seen his silly side. I've seen his angry side. I've seen the competitive Dave, the defeated Dave, the ambitious Dave, I've seen some of the most impressive shots I will ever see in my life from Dave, I've seen the unattractive sides and the charming sides. He is no doubt a complex individual. Overall, I have a lot of respect for the guy, not just as a top tiered professional but as a great educator and promoter for the sport. I have a full appreciation of how incredibly difficult it is to accomplish what he has thus far in his career. That being said, I'm sad to say that I believe this situation that he is in (being cut from Innova, potentially being kicked off the PDGA board, possible suspensions?, etc.) is the product of his extreme egotism. It's sad because he was in a truly unique position, being a top 5 player and a member of the board. I do wish him well as I know he is going through a tough time right now. I hope that he can address his issues with his ego maniacal behavior. He is a person that is motivated by self improvement so I'm sure he'll eventually bounce back.

Bomb dropped Jeremy. Wowzah :popcorn:

I have gotten to know Dave pretty well over the past couple of years. I've seen his silly side. I've seen his angry side. I've seen the competitive Dave, the defeated Dave, the ambitious Dave, I've seen some of the most impressive shots I will ever see in my life from Dave, I've seen the unattractive sides and the charming sides. He is no doubt a complex individual. Overall, I have a lot of respect for the guy, not just as a top tiered professional but as a great educator and promoter for the sport. I have a full appreciation of how incredibly difficult it is to accomplish what he has thus far in his career. That being said, I'm sad to say that I believe this situation that he is in (being cut from Innova, potentially being kicked off the PDGA board, possible suspensions?, etc.) is the product of his extreme egotism. It's sad because he was in a truly unique position, being a top 5 player and a member of the board. I do wish him well as I know he is going through a tough time right now. I hope that he can address his issues with his ego maniacal behavior. He is a person that is motivated by self improvement so I'm sure he'll eventually bounce back.

It's only January, but I'm already voting this as the DGCR post of the year.

I'm not saying what Jeremy isn't true, but I can confirm as a member of the PDGA discipline committee that Dave Feldberg is not a topic of discussion in our group - and it is our group that recomends all PDGA suspensions.

Lol, no comment, unless that just was a comment then /thread

okay so he's not facing disciplinary action. What is going on?

somebody better dish damnit...

okay so he's not facing disciplinary action. What is going on?

somebody better dish damnit...

That doesn't mean that it's not coming / not something that hasn't been presented to us yet.

I'm just saying that presently, that isn't the case. I truly have no idea about what could happen.

This thread just got crazy. We need that "Like sands through the hourglass" music now.

images

man, that was a shock seeing him so quickly off the innova team roster...and then if that's really Jeremy, and what he said is really true (seems like his FB last night had some interesting stuff on it too, but was taken down) this is quite sad for Dave.

I emailed Dave directly. Asked him if any of the suspension rumors are true and said, 'I have not been suspended.' He did not comment on anything other than to say 'I Will' at my request he post something somewhere addressing his situation.

I've always liked Dave and felt he has been a great ambassador for Disc Golf.

man, that was a shock seeing him so quickly off the innova team roster...and then if that's really Jeremy, and what he said is really true (seems like his FB last night had some interesting stuff on it too, but was taken down) this is quite sad for Dave.

That wasn't Jerm's first post btw. I think its pretty much known that's really him.

Well, whatever happens to Dave, he will always be the star of what I consider to be the greatest disc golf video in the history of mankind. What happens starting at the 7:00 mark is, without question, the most insanely amazing dg related thing I've ever seen. If that had only skipped a few inches higher...

I emailed Dave directly. Asked him if any of the suspension rumors are true and said, 'I have not been suspended.' He did not comment on anything other than to say 'I Will' at my request he post something somewhere addressing his situation.

I've always liked Dave and felt he has been a great ambassador for Disc Golf.
Dave saying something would be better than us guessing. 'Cause we have two Prodigy threads worth of proof that we suck as guessing. :|

I've spoken with Dave and the suspension rumors are FALSE. Sorry about the bad information. Not at all trying to stir the pot with fiction, just adding my .02 on the interesting character that is Dave Feldberg.

Jerm you should get DGCR verified and get your own "ask bigjerm" thread so we can ask you questions! I've got a couple.

Well, whatever happens to Dave, he will always be the star of what I consider to be the greatest disc golf video in the history of mankind. What happens starting at the 7:00 mark is, without question, the most insanely amazing dg related thing I've ever seen. If that had only skipped a few inches higher...

Yea, so, there is so much amazing stuff (even though the ace was at least a second shot) Hilarious...does this video have a thread all to its own?

how tall is big jerm? One video (2011 memorial) he looked massivly tall, but in all the others he just looks like a normal guy.

how tall is big jerm? One video (2011 memorial) he looked massivly tall, but in all the others he just looks like a normal guy.

I'm 6'5" and he has at least 3" on me. Basically, he is better at being a giant than I.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts