• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a trade with him at the might Shunga last year. He watched me throw a green echo destroyer onto a roof, scuffing it on the shingles. Still gave me a first run echo xcal for it.
World Champions trading for roof discs gives a little insight into why players wanted to bolt to Prodigy.

I made a trade with him at the might Shunga last year. He watched me throw a green echo destroyer onto a roof, scuffing it on the shingles. Still gave me a first run echo xcal for it.

Cause those early minty green echo Destroyers are getting harder and harder to come by. You're probably looking to spend $20-40 for one these days depending on whether the owner knows what he has on his hands.

wen can we expect a response from the city council or did they vote last night on the improvements to the course? Im not on the ECDGC forum so I dunno everything going on, just quick IM with GG on Facebook sunday night

I don't know. The guy from the Park's Dept. we met with today was very excited about Dave & Garretts presentation. He will take it to his boss, who will in turn take it to the City Council......blah, blah, red tape, blah,.........

ECDGC.com forums will be the best way to stay informed. I hope they are really serious about doing this. Dave,Garrett, and Benni Chains have spent a considerable amount of energy and effort into this plan already. We will need lots of volunteers to really pull this off I think.

I don't know. The guy from the Park's Dept. we met with today was very excited about Dave & Garretts presentation. He will take it to his boss, who will in turn take it to the City Council......blah, blah, red tape, blah,.........

ECDGC.com forums will be the best way to stay informed. I hope they are really serious about doing this. Dave,Garrett, and Benni Chains have spent a considerable amount of energy and effort into this plan already. We will need lots of volunteers to really pull this off I think.

gotta love it. Granted im just over here in FWB, not too far but at the same time not close enough to drop everything to come. If there is something I can help with let me know. I really enjoy that course so am willing to help out where i can.

Why are we talking about this in the Borg thread?

Because Prodigy told us they were going to change things in 2013. What they didn't tell us, was that the only thing they were changing about disc golf was the way we discuss it on the internet.

World Champions trading for roof discs gives a little insight into why players wanted to bolt to Prodigy.

It was basically new when he first said he wanted it. He said I could keep throwing it. We were warming up together and I already had it out of the bag so I hucked it across a road onto a roof and into someone's yard. He still wanted it. I didn't throw it anymore after that though.

I guess it kind of gets to me that these pros provide us a ton of entertainment. They are fun to watch. They advance the sport. They teach people various techniques, often free of charge. On and on we can list the positives guys like Dave Feldberg, Double G, Paul McBeth and so many others do. The moment they show themselves to be human people go off on them. It is important that we are civil, gracious and remember that if all of our worst moments were recorded or discussed on internet forums, not too many of us could live up to the standards. Give the guy some grace and appreciate what he has done. Wish him the best and move on.

Man, all theyd have to do to play a tourmey is ask if they could play for free. Who would turn them down? If they discussed it up front at least. Now if they just assumed and didnt talk to anyone beforehand, thats a different story. Seems as a TD youd make sure everyone paid before writing up scorecards. If they never asked me, as a touring pro to sign in, and itd likely been taken care of other places, id assume the same probably.

mattdabbs:"the voice of reason"! i was thinking the same thing!! sucks that pros are having to come to dgcr and explain themselves....i understand that they're in the dg spotlight...but dave is an awesome guy who loves the game!

Here's what I honestly want to know about Borg:
1. Is he still coaching @ Oregon?
2. If not where is he headed?
3. What is going to be doing competition wise this year and the near future?
4. What's up with him and Innova?

BoD and discipline don't really care. I do like what he's done for the sport so far. Would hate to lose him.

sucks that pros are having to come to dgcr and explain themselves....i understand that they're in the dg spotlight...but dave is an awesome guy who loves the game!

agree 100%. I haven't spent much time around him but everything I have seen first hand has been nothing but the best.

FWIW Peter Shive just confirmed that Dave was still a member of the board on Disc golf talk radio......just sayin. Personally all this speculation is ridiculous on this thread IMO. Especially to see some of the "pros" on here spouting off is pretty pathetic and I think they should be ashamed of themselves. If you're a pro......act like one.

all you have to do is pay $75 to the pdga and you are a registered disc golf pro. so which pros are you refering to because theres a broad spectrum of them.

Last edited:
I guess it kind of gets to me that these pros provide us a ton of entertainment. They are fun to watch. They advance the sport. They teach people various techniques, often free of charge. On and on we can list the positives guys like Dave Feldberg, Double G, Paul McBeth and so many others do. The moment they show themselves to be human people go off on them. It is important that we are civil, gracious and remember that if all of our worst moments were recorded or discussed on internet forums, not too many of us could live up to the standards. Give the guy some grace and appreciate what he has done. Wish him the best and move on.
Eh, maybe.

The thing is, they all want more money to be in the sport. So if you want more money in a sport, you want more eyes on you. Plain and simple. So while I understand that we are a huge pain in their ass, Pro disc golfers have to understand that a bunch of weirdoes on the Interwebz that actually give a crap that Dave Feldberg is no longer with Innova is a good sign in the great grand scheme of wanting more money in the sport. It shows that we care, and we have to care if they are ever going to make any money.

So they can either get on the Interwebz and feed the beast, or ignore it and the beast will do what the beast does when it is hungry. In our case, it's make up ridiculous crap and then speculating for days about more ridiculous crap that might happen due to the ridiculous crap we made up in the first place. "Welcome to DGCR. We have a sticked thread waiting for you. You might as well claim it; if you don't we will just talk **** about you behind your back."

Eh, maybe.

The thing is, they all want more money to be in the sport. So if you want more money in a sport, you want more eyes on you. Plain and simple. So while I understand that we are a huge pain in their ass, Pro disc golfers have to understand that a bunch of weirdoes on the Interwebz that actually give a crap that Dave Feldberg is no longer with Innova is a good sign in the great grand scheme of wanting more money in the sport. It shows that we care, and we have to care if they are ever going to make any money.

So they can either get on the Interwebz and feed the beast, or ignore it and the beast will do what the beast does when it is hungry. In our case, it's make up ridiculous crap and then speculating for days about more ridiculous crap that might happen due to the ridiculous crap we made up in the first place. "Welcome to DGCR. We have a sticked thread waiting for you. You might as well claim it; if you don't we will just talk **** about you behind your back."

I just got the biggest smile reading this post. you couldn't have worded it any better. kudos.:thmbup:

I do like what he's done for the sport so far. Would hate to lose him.

Couldn't say it better myself.

I haven't spent much time around him but everything I have seen first hand has been nothing but the best.

Word

All this speculation is ridiculous on this thread IMO Especially to see some of the "pros" on here spouting off is pretty pathetic and I think they should be ashamed of themselves. If you're a pro......act like one.

This 100X. Coincidently the reason threads keep getting deleted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.