• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Ranger or Gorilla Boy Simian

JonRoc

Bogey Member
I'm looking into upgrading from my Innova Competition disc bag to a backpack. The two I have narrowed it down to are the DD Ranger and the Gorilla Boy Simian. I will not be buying at retail price, I will most likely get one second hand so the prices will be a little lower for than $175 and $200 respectively. I know each bag has its' pros and cons just want to hear your guys sides on the different ones or any other recommendations you guys may have.

Thanks!

I have a Ranger sitting right in front of me, and I am very impressed with the amount of storage it has. I got 16 in the main compartment with ease, and probably could fit 2 more divers. FWIW I carry 5 mids and two putters in my main compartment. Bag feels well built, and is very light when it's all packed down. I think it's a pretty decent deal, and worth looking into.

I love my simian, plenty of storage for discs and all kinds of other stuff, solid construction that's showing no wear after rough treatment for a couple hundred rounds and a comfy seat that I never have to carry separately.

My Simian will fit 14 in the main compartment (4 mids, 10 drivers). It will hold 3-4 in each of the side pockets amongst other things. It has a seat. It's probably a bit heavier than the Ranger but it distributes the weight well and the straps are padded and comfortable. There are nifty pockets, like the small one above the main compartment (under the seat) and the one under the main compartment that I like to quarantine dirty towels in. :) The putter pockets are easy to use and the drink holders fit 32oz gatorades generously. I have used it for over a year and still looks/feels brand new.

Can't say a whole lot about the ranger but maybe this info will help.

Yeah, found that out right after I posted that. The bag looks sick.

I agree, another option is the physical flight contender, I have a review in my signature if you want to check that out. If you don't thats cool too. There is a bag out there for everyone :)