• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] DD2 Frenzy

Soups

Par Member
Sorry guys, I tried searching (although I will admit not as thoroughly as I possible could've) but the search terms are somewhat tricky due to the name of the disc.

What is the overall feeling towards this warp-speed driver? I like the sound of being the lovechild of a Boss and Katana but what experiences have people had with it? There hasn't seemed to be much of a buzz on here surrounding the discs so I'm presuming reviews to not be especially positive.

I carry one in my bag but only use it for fun second shots. It's got just enough turn and fade that it ends up being pretty straight. Although I'll be the first to admit I don't have the arm to get it up to speed.

i picked up a 160 blizzard and ive been liking it alot so far. has some turn but not alot. its very straight with a good fade at the end. i have yet to throw my heavier s line or my lighter 149 bliz dd2 but i will soon enough. i never have liked the bosss but this feels better to me in my hand than that or the katana and is just right in between the two.

I have 2 both 175 DD2:s one is red and super flippy "Katana-like" and the other Blue über-stabel "Boss-like". Both is in star plastic or S-Line as Discmania calls it.

I have a 175 C-line yellow DD2 that I use for long smooth hyzers until the other night at my house when I was throwing around I cranked on it an got it out to 440' dead straight until it clipped the top of a pine tree top! That would have been my longest throw ever!!!

These have been my new primary driver in the last few weeks. My primary one is a 171g Clear C-Line. I also have a 171 Yellow S-Line and a 172 Yellow P-line.

These replaced Nukes in my bag. I felt they had a similar flight for me at about 375-400 feet of power. The C and the S are pretty similar. I throw them on a hyzer and they will flip flat and carry. the P-Line will flip past flat a bit off a hyzer. I found that they gave me better distance more consistently than the Z-Nukes they replaced either because they had a touch more glide or the narrower profile made the disc more aerodynamic. Also, despite the fact that they do turn a bit, they have a surprisingly healthy low speed fade. For that reason, I've really liked them for sweeping hyzers. If you can throw them on a hyzer and get them to turn just short of flat they will carry left for a LOOOOONG way.

dd2

I have a 175 s-line dd2. Its not quite as fast as my nukes and it has just a tad more turn than my nuke so mine may be a little more understable than most but its a pretty good disc.

I just bought one of these and I was blown away. a 175 c line pink that is Nuke OS overstable! do I just need to beat this thing in, or did I get in over my head.. Maybe I'm throwing it wrong after reading the above statement about putting it on a hyzer. I have only tried to throw it straight, and make it flip. There is NO flipping, and I think I don't have near the power for this disc. -2 hss? NO WAY!

Apoth pretty much nailed it. These things just flat out bomb. I still haven't thrown another disc as far as the DD2. My personal best. Beat in an S-line and you'll be happy. The disc doesn't get much hype but that's just the nature of things DG related. If Ricky or Will say that they are awesome everyone would buy a few. Its a very solid mold. Try it for yourself and see what it does for you.

I just bought one of these and I was blown away. a 175 c line pink that is Nuke OS overstable! do I just need to beat this thing in, or did I get in over my head.. Maybe I'm throwing it wrong after reading the above statement about putting it on a hyzer. I have only tried to throw it straight, and make it flip. There is NO flipping, and I think I don't have near the power for this disc. -2 hss? NO WAY!

The C-Line DD2's are much more overstable then it's S or P line counterparts. I had a 172 C-Line that I couldn't do anything with besides throw 400 foot hyzer bombs. The S Lines are about as overstable as a Z Nuke and the P-Lines are just all out bombing monsters. I threw the P-Lines (171-173) for quite awhile and had some of my furthest drives ever with them. I still have a P-Line or two for all out raw distance when I'm feeling saucy.

Well I just found one for $10 so I will test them side by side and have some info later in the week when it gets here

Beat in an S-line and you'll be happy.
I recently got an S-Line DD2 and it's more HSS and way more LSS than the D3 imo. My DD2 is more along the lines of a slightly beat Star Destroyer or D2. I haven't spent much time with it because I get more controllable distance from my D2, but I could see how once it beat in more it would bomb.

You might get a D3 type flight from the P-Line DD2, but I've read that they tend to get flippy pretty quick.

I feel exactly the same as DiscBiscuit. Bought a c-line about a year ago and it is overstable. No way -2. Disappointed, but maybe I should try a p-line? The thing skips like a motha and there are actually a couple of holes I use it on now as a good skip works well for the particular hole and helps my inaccuracy. Anyone else have this thing skipping big time on them?

One other thing is that I ordered it on-line and it showed up with a pop top. I was in PIAS a few months ago and none of the DD2's had pop tops. Damn that frustrates me. Should I try a flat one? I have no idea.

Last edited:
First couple throws with my DD2 are very promising. I was throwing a 173g D1, 174g d3 and 175g DD2 in a ~10 mph wind. The D1 I have has a mild turn with a healthy fade. The D3 I can hyzer flip from a 6 o'clock angle and it will turn up and over with slight fade back at the end. The DD2 was flying much more similar to the D1 with a less aggressive fade which made it much straighter. I could see the speed and the glide seemed superior to both the D1 and D3. I was out throwing the prodigy discs by an average of 15-25'. Using Udisc this was my farthest measured throw into the ~10 mph headwind slightly up hill from throwing area

9ld84y.jpg

Got my DD2 out on the course today and I am very pleased. No doubt I will pick up another c line and a echo star.

So the more I throw the DD2 the more I realize it is a faster destroyer. This thing absolutely GOES. The glide is awesome! I ordered 2 echo star DD2s because I was told they had even more glide and a tad bit more turn. :clap: can't wait