• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] DD3

It's not linear. Sometimes less overall products will actually sell more. There is both an art and a science to know how many and how much to sell for that will move the most products.

It appears that Discmania made the error in the price point instead of the production number. The discs would have cleared at a higher price.

Sure, they could have charged $40 a disc and probably sold out, but that isn't the right way to do it. They should make enough that they can sell them at retail value and not run out immediately.

BUT...

As a couple people recently pointed out, it may not be on them at all. It could be entirely on Innova.

Sure, they could have charged $40 a disc and probably sold out, but that isn't the right way to do it. They should make enough that they can sell them at retail value and not run out immediately.

BUT...

As a couple people recently pointed out, it may not be on them at all. It could be entirely on Innova.

Why is it not the right way? Are you looking to get a product for below what it is valued? The clearing rate IS the correct value of the product.

The clearing rate is being set by the market, you can't stop that. Why should Discmania not reap the profits of their product? Why allow resellers to reap the windfall?

I'm sure Innova has a production schedule.

So am I. But they could've made more during the run. And it should've been obvious that these discs were and are selling like hotcakes, and Discmania could not have asked for more to begin with? So we're back to the discussion of the business model of limited runs...

Why is it not the right way? Are you looking to get a product for below what it is valued? The clearing rate IS the correct value of the product.

The clearing rate is being set by the market, you can't stop that. Why should Discmania not reap the profits of their product? Why allow resellers to reap the windfall?

Because it's a ≈$15 frisbee, like every other production frisbee. And it was a production run. If they have the means, they should make enough for everyone who wants one.

If I invented a pill that prevents cancer, should I only make 100 of them and sell them for millions to 100 people? Or should I not be a jerk and sell them for a reasonable amount to as many people as I can?

At the end of the day, I couldn't care less. I never tried to get one nor wanted one. I just found it strange they were limiting their profit but I bet it isn't there fault Innova only made a certain amount.

Because it's a ≈$15 frisbee, like every other production frisbee. And it was a production run. If they have the means, they should make enough for everyone who wants one.

If I invented a pill that prevents cancer, should I only make 100 of them and sell them for millions to 100 people? Or should I not be a jerk and sell them for a reasonable amount to as many people as I can?

At the end of the day, I couldn't care less. I never tried to get one nor wanted one. I just found it strange they were limiting their profit but I bet it isn't there fault Innova only made a certain amount.

Did....did you really just make that comparison?

Wow, what a comparison.

I'm sure Discmania had Innova run as many as they could afford to run at this time.

Wow, what a comparison.

I'm sure Discmania had Innova run as many as they could afford to run at this time.

This I agree to, as it would be plain stupid to limit your profit and upset your target market.

And I stand by my comparison because it hammers home the point of "if a lot of people will buy it, than as a business you should make as much as you can".

Here's a simpler comparison. A new dog frisbee is marketed and seemingly 25% of dog owners say they would buy it for $20. You wouldn't make only 1,000 if you could make 10,000. But Discmania isn't the manufacturer so I understand why their hands may be tied.

I dont know about you guys but my 168g hot pink stock run with gold foil absolutely turns water into wine.

Doesnt cure canver tho.

I still haven't seen one for sale at less than max weight. Buying discmania products is way too difficult. They need to cut back on all of the special edition crap until they can figure out a way to keep all of the stock stamp stuff available all the time.

So how do the new run of Cloudbreakers fly in comparison to the protos and stock?

Most of them are exactly the same as the stock run, so pretty neutral out of the box and will turn if given a good amount of power. Much straighter or more understable than the protos. There's also a new, pop top stock run that is very overstable.

I got my 7 Cloudbreakers in yesterday. A few seem to have slightly less dome than the others. Has anyone else noticed this in their CB's?

I got my 7 Cloudbreakers in yesterday. A few seem to have slightly less dome than the others. Has anyone else noticed this in their CB's?

You own like 4% of all the ones produced. Not sure you'll find many people to compare to.

Besides all wide rimmed drivers are going to have that kind of dome variation.

Good brag though.

So far I'm disappointed with this mold. It's a 100% personal thing but for me the glow PD2 feels so much better in the hand and flies the same lines.

If I can ever snag a DD3 that weighs about 165-168 I'll give it another shot.

Really? I think these babies have great glide and come out of the box nice and overstable. I think the rim is a bit larger than the pd2's So I would imagine you're not getting it up to speed to see what it does.

To me PD2's are a bit slower and hook up hard at the end. These want to fade out forward... with the right power that is.

Really? I think these babies have great glide and come out of the box nice and overstable. I think the rim is a bit larger than the pd2's So I would imagine you're not getting it up to speed to see what it does.

To me PD2's are a bit slower and hook up hard at the end. These want to fade out forward... with the right power that is.

It's all hand feel for me. They fly the same lines as the glow PD2, I'd challenge anyone to post a video that proves otherwise even at 500 feet of power (which I don't have but I do believe they will fly the same lines based on my experience throwing out to about 425'). I have plenty of more OS PD2s that I throw when I want a harder finish.

It's all hand feel for me. They fly the same lines as the glow PD2, I'd challenge anyone to post a video that proves otherwise even at 500 feet of power (which I don't have but I do believe they will fly the same lines based on my experience throwing out to about 425'). I have plenty of more OS PD2s that I throw when I want a harder finish.

Yea pd2s will break in to lose the fade well for on the course. I put several in the 500-550 range in collegiate competition.. but in a raw distance competition I think the destroyer and boss have a more penetrating fade than a pd2 so will fly further. Maybe 10-15 feet at 500. It is not a huge difference at all on the course for "normal" shots

Latest posts