• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DeLaveaga Top of the World, what are you throwing?

RHBH = Beat P-PD on a mega hyzer
RHFH = S-PD

Par or birdie if it stays out of the huge tree on the left.

Never played Del, but on the same-ish shot at Silver Creek, I usually throw something slightly US, like a Heat, Patriot, or beat Champ Orc.

DX roc for me, I threw two and had one just outside the circle and one that faded out and left a 75'ish shot.

Played there once when I was first starting and couldn't putt. Threw a Z Wildcat I had just bought in the parking lot before starting our round. Landed ten feet from the basket, then I proceeded to miss three putts for a bogey.

Depends on the location.

Short I can use a putter or Mid straight at it.

Medium I use an overstable speed 9ish disc, I like my Xcaliber, throw to the right of the tee of Hole 2 and it fades toward the basket nicely if I throw it well. I've watched Johnathan Baldwin practicing on this hole and he took this line as well with what looked like an Aftershock.

Long I would need to throw something straighter and longer to reach it. I've had a birdie with a long turnover shot with a Vulcan, but also thrown into the parking lot, over by 6, or other bad places this way. So I typically play it safer these days.

It was such fun I threw everything in my bag. :D

I threw a Comet and I think a Teebird OB deep, with the Teebird sailing into the parking lot (turns out it's quite a bit downhill...). Really lucky I didn't kill anyone stepping out of their car.

I'd probably throw a Comet again, maybe at half speed and try and land short of the pin.

When I was there back in '07 or '08, I threw a Starfire, SL, Teebird and a Teerex.

The SL was the only disc that did not land in the parking lot or street....and of course I missed the putt. :doh:

I threw a Comet and I think a Teebird OB deep, with the Teebird sailing into the parking lot (turns out it's quite a bit downhill...). Really lucky I didn't kill anyone stepping out of their car.

I throw LHBH so it is less of a daunting hole. One of my throws (with a pearly CE Beast) caught the R-to-L crosswind perfectly to flip it over just right and not allow it to come back and it sailed forever.....over the parking lot and almost halfway down hole 1's fairway. I yelled Fore a bunch and people saw it sail over them otherwise I would have never found it. 600' on half power throw. :D

Probably a Roc/Wasp. Whichever's in the bag that day. Probably a driver or putter for fun, too.

I throw LHBH so it is less of a daunting hole. One of my throws (with a pearly CE Beast) caught the R-to-L crosswind perfectly to flip it over just right and not allow it to come back and it sailed forever.....over the parking lot and almost halfway down hole 1's fairway. I yelled Fore a bunch and people saw it sail over them otherwise I would have never found it. 600' on half power throw. :D

These downhill shots are always amazing no matter the distance, but even more amazing when something like that happens. AWESOME!!!