• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Denver/Boulder "must play" courses and leagues

Now that you know where Beaver Ranch is, head further south on 285 and check out Bailey.. Not as polished as Beaver Ranch, but still epic with some par 4s as well.

Yes, this. Bailey is a favorite of mine. I don't get up there enough to play it. That being said I am headed to Beaver Ranch this weekend. Besides a private course in the Colorado Springs area that is currently closed due to summer camp licensing issues, Beaver Ranch is the best comparison to courses I will play in Minnesota at Am Worlds.

of all the courses in the Ft Collins area, i thought that Oxbow was the most fun. plus, it's always good to see a course that has fewer than 18 holes but good ones instead of cramming 18 crappy holes together.

Yes, this. Bailey is a favorite of mine. I don't get up there enough to play it. That being said I am headed to Beaver Ranch this weekend. Besides a private course in the Colorado Springs area that is currently closed due to summer camp licensing issues, Beaver Ranch is the best comparison to courses I will play in Minnesota at Am Worlds.

No bugs or humidity in Colorado. Prepare to melt and get some welts.

Are you playing the non sanctioned dubs at BRP on Saturday? You don't want to come here and miss BRP.

Depending on how far you really want to drive......Winter Park and Steamboat both have quality mountain resort courses. Neither are as good as conifer or bailey but still worth the drive especially since the drive is beautiful. And if you're going to be in Colorado past August try to get out to Rocky Mountain Village DGC http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=1772&page=1&mode=rev#47624 its another real good mountain course and not too far down 70 from Denver.

i was somewhat disappointed in RMV. some good holes, some awesome views and great elevation, but a lot of filler. i guess that's what you get with 27 holes. i'd prefer a redesign with 20-22 better holes.

Latest posts