• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Denver, Colorado area trip

Keithzilla

I'll be in Thornton, CO next weekend, North of Denver. We're already heading out to Ghost Town, but I'm looking for some more destinations. I dont think anything south of Denver is going to be an option.

I will be golfing with beginners, so the huge championship courses will only be frustrating for them. Also I can only fit a few discs in my carry on. I also value novelty over "pro-ness" (hence why we're heading to Ghost Town).

I'm also looking for any shops that I have to stop at, mostly disc golf, but retro video games, comic book shops, hookah lounges, etc. Unique stuff for the geek in all of us to check out.

If you have beginners, Johnny Roberts is a good option. Also East Interlocken and Westminster DGC are probably good choices on the north side. Johnny gets crowded so keep that in mind. Camenisch/Blair Witch are in Thornton, but i've not heard good things lately about them, I guess they've really gone to the dogs.