• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Des Moines, IA & Quad Cities: Where to play?

In Des Moines just now. I played across hwy 34. Nothing to brag at. I played the Quad Cities already and got Middle in Bettendorf and the Moline Prospect course. these course had some good thngs about them, but they had 1 huge down fall for me. I hate walking fairways that are on sides of slopes. My feet were sore from walking on the sides on them across most of the fairways. It was insane, they just kept making the holes along the slopes of the hills instead of using the elevation up and down. Oh well. Des Moines is tomorrow if the rain goes away.
Did you enjoy that 1000' hole (#8) at Middle? I was there two weeks ago and it kicked the snatt out of me. I don't even think it was in the longest position.
:eek:

Yeah, my feet took a beating too. I have holes in my shoes to prove it.

Yeah, that was a pretty good storm that just came through. Hopefully the courses aren't too wet or debris covered.

Not much debris actually! It was a little wet, but not unplayable.

Did you enjoy that 1000' hole (#8) at Middle? I was there two weeks ago and it kicked the snatt out of me. I don't even think it was in the longest position.
:eek:

Yeah, my feet took a beating too. I have holes in my shoes to prove it.

I did like the long hole! I was surprised. It played ok, still would have been better on some flat ground. OK, I am now just whining.

I did not get to Grandview, but I did get to the other 4.

I'm planning my trip here as well and have Pickard, Walnut, and Ewing on our must play list. Trying to decide between Grandview or Big Creek for our #4 if we have time.

I'm planning my trip here as well and have Pickard, Walnut, and Ewing on our must play list. Trying to decide between Grandview or Big Creek for our #4 if we have time.
You'll almost certainly have more fun at Grandview, but Big Creek is a more challenging course.

If travel time is a concern, Grandview/Pickard/Ewing are all right next to each other. 15-20 minutes from Pickard to Ewing, and about the same travel from Ewing the Grandview.