• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

What are the most high-speed stable (headwind fighting) destroyers currently available (that I can order online, new)? Max Weight Champion? Pro Shop Jolly Launchers? Star Destroyers?

Per my post above, my batch flies more or less as you'd expect from the pics. The JL F2 I got is by far the most OS. I can throw it into a moderate head wind with minor anny with 400 feet of power and it will still flex out, so that might be the best choice for you. The Wiggins is almost as OS but not quite. It still handles headwinds just fine, but requires no anny, which I like because I can just throw it normally into a headwind and expect it to fly like my normal Destroyer throws. I have a worked in star F2 that is my bread and butter which has tons of glide now. I'd have to put a little hyzer on it into a moderate headwind though and wouldn't trust it into a strong headwind.

What are the most high-speed stable (headwind fighting) destroyers currently available (that I can order online, new)? Max Weight Champion? Pro Shop Jolly Launchers? Star Destroyers?

You really just have to look at each one before you buy it to be able to tell. Wiggins destroyers will flip into a head wind. The bottom stamps are not all the super beef ones. THe new AJ's are not all the super beef ones. You really just have to look.

If you can find a "PD2" topped one then it will be for sure OS. But right now I currently bag a Vulcanyish looking topped new run star destroyer. No clue why but its super OS, not as OS as the PD2 topped run but close.

The opaque pd2 topped star AJ are by far the most overstable from my experience, but still have tons of glide. I throw 168-170g on these and they bomb so far! Never flip in the stiffest headwinds.

All other star destroyers fly differently, you really just have to know what youre looking for and test throw it cuz they are all over the board.

You really just have to look at each one before you buy it to be able to tell. Wiggins destroyers will flip into a head wind. The bottom stamps are not all the super beef ones. THe new AJ's are not all the super beef ones. You really just have to look.

If you can find a "PD2" topped one then it will be for sure OS. But right now I currently bag a Vulcanyish looking topped new run star destroyer. No clue why but its super OS, not as OS as the PD2 topped run but close.

The bottom stamp I have has that "vulcan top" look to it with the beveled shoulder, but it has a very high PLH and is 100% pure Grade A Beef.

Ok there is way too much Destroyer info...I've tried. I do not own any Destroyers and have only thrown one or two from people I know.

I just have a hopefully simple question about star Destroyers...I realize that more dome and higher PLH = more overstable.

Are all star Destroyers now Avery Jenkins stamped ones? As well I always read that "the new AJ Destroyers are super overstable!". Are statements like that leftover from when the Destroyers began being run with the AJ stamp and those were really overstable? Or are "all" Destroyers now quite overstable (did something change?)? Again...I realize dome/PLH is a big factor compared to the ink stamped on the disc.

I recently tried a throw or two of a friend's AJ Destroyer that had some dome and still had the flashing on the bottom (even though it had been used for quite some time), and it was really overstable (sweeping hyzer type stable) on 350-370' throws...which I realize are on the short side for a Destroyer, but I feel its overstability cut down on its potential D, as this is the distance I get fairways out to.

^Just to add to my Destroyer stability reference above, the only meathook I have in my bag is a well-used champ Xcal that I was even less HSS than the Destroyer! The Xcal will go straight for me then have a pretty aggressive hooking fade, whereas that Destroyer was wanting to fade way earlier and more consistently (less "aggressive" hook...but more consistent fade starting at a higher speed).

Just to know for the comparison as I got the Xcal after it already had some use on it...is it crazy that the star Destroyer would have even more HSS than a beat up champ Xcal? This AJ just shocked me.

Xcals can get pretty straight when they season. A new Destroyer will (or at least should) be more overstable than a seasoned Xcal. At 350-370 power a fresh one shouldn't turn or flip up unless you torque it over.

Yea Xcals for me have always been pretty straight, was never able to get my hands on a super os one. I just rock the destroyer because it is more Versitle to me.

I have a question for you Destroyer lovers since I don't throw them, why do you hate the champion plastic?

I only ask because they seem to go for next to nothing by comparison to star.

I have a question for you Destroyer lovers since I don't throw them, why do you hate the champion plastic?

Star seasons up nicely and has poppy top glidey goodness despite being quite OS if you find a the right ones.

Just wanted to drop in and say that my 168 g* destroyer is a thing of beauty. All the flight, grip,and glide of my pro destroyers with the durability of star. So happy I took time last year with lower speed stuff because now I can easily get 400 with my destroyers. Granted, I don't use them on my short home course but when I do bring them out they sail.

I dont like the plastic as much, pretty simple for me.

I have been wanting to try out some Destroyers to pair with my C-PD2, which runs and type of Destroyer are people throwing? For reference I am throw my PD2 ~425 and my World 450+.

I've always had a destroyer in my bag since almost the very beginning. I throw it all the time fh and bh. It was a sad day when my first destroyer in dx plastic actually ripped a litter after the millionth tree I hit it with. Nowadays I've moved onto star plastic...takes awhile to best in but once the do they sweeter than yoohoo.

I've always thrown Star Destroyers. Today I bought Champion Destroyer and realized I like it more than Star.

I actually bought Star and Champion Destroyers to compare the plastics. Profiles were pretty much identical. It has been raining all day. To my surprise Champion was much more grippier (even wet) and it also flew further with every shot than Star.

I have been wanting to try out some Destroyers to pair with my C-PD2, which runs and type of Destroyer are people throwing? For reference I am throw my PD2 ~425 and my World 450+.

Im throwing pretty much every single run. They all have their little differences. Still all are good if you ask me.

I am loving the Destroyer that is from one of the new runs. I got it a few weeks ago, and it is beefy as can be. It has started to beat a little bit and I can get a small amount of turn out of it on a big rip. Isn't my farthest flying Destroyer, but if it keeps beating in, it will be a bomber for sure. It still has great glide for how overstable it is.