• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

The binary at the top left of the stamp says SDS.

Being a software dev, I love the binary they keep putting on Destroyer stamps. Especially the 10th Anniversary stamp; I have a small stack of those. I know they are already worth a lot and will probably be worth insane amounts in a couple years, but darn it I'm gonna be bagging one as soon as there's room in my bag for a fresh Destroyer. :)

My philos came today. All are 168-169 with consistent PLH. Just for fun here's a picture comparing the PLH of my least overstable SDS with the new Philo. https://imgur.com/gallery/SOe0d5f

are you just abbreviating star destroyer as SDS or are you referring to the vaunted overstable run of destroyers marked S/DS? Aslo, does it glow?

Last edited:
My philos came today. All are 168-169 with consistent PLH. Just for fun here's a picture comparing the PLH of my least overstable SDS with the new Philo. https://imgur.com/gallery/SOe0d5f

Interesting. That pic makes it look like the Philos are much more overstable than the "SDS" in the pic. I'm curious how the Philos compare to other more stable or overstable Destroyers or to last year's swirly Philos. Mine are coming tomorrow so I guess I can be patient until then. :)

Interesting. That pic makes it look like the Philos are much more overstable than the "SDS" in the pic. I'm curious how the Philos compare to other more stable or overstable Destroyers or to last year's swirly Philos. Mine are coming tomorrow so I guess I can be patient until then. :)

I got a few throws in today with one of the pink ones. I think these will be pretty popular throwers. The glow star plastic has a flexibility somewhere between star and gstar. Despite having a PLH higher than my regular thrower, they had similar flight paths with the Philo having a bit of a dumpier fade. I attribute this to it being brand new and it should beat in to something really nice.

I got a few throws in today with one of the pink ones. I think these will be pretty popular throwers. The glow star plastic has a flexibility somewhere between star and gstar. Despite having a PLH higher than my regular thrower, they had similar flight paths with the Philo having a bit of a dumpier fade. I attribute this to it being brand new and it should beat in to something really nice.

Are you seeing any turn out of the box?

I got my Color Glow Star Philos and they look... somewhat stable honestly. They all have fairly consistent PLH. All but one of them have a slightly concave wing which usually indicates stability. Only one has a straight wing like the swirly Philos, GStars, and some lighter embossed Stars I've seen. It's hard to see the concavity in the pics I took, but I took a bunch of comparison pics which show the wing height compared to some other Destroyer runs. Album here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/maNJHHSWO6cqX6Uh1

Being a software dev, I love the binary they keep putting on Destroyer stamps. Especially the 10th Anniversary stamp; I have a small stack of those. I know they are already worth a lot and will probably be worth insane amounts in a couple years, but darn it I'm gonna be bagging one as soon as there's room in my bag for a fresh Destroyer. :)

Is there any meaning to the code on 10th Anny Destros?

Also, have you thrown one? I was curious on the flight pattern because I got one that was scuffed up in the mail and might end up throwing it...

Thanks in advance!

Is there any meaning to the code on 10th Anny Destros?

Also, have you thrown one? I was curious on the flight pattern because I got one that was scuffed up in the mail and might end up throwing it...

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I decoded it once. Pretty sure it just said "10th Anniversary Destroyer." It took a long time to decode and I'm not going to do it again to check, but it wasn't anything particularly interesting or noteworthy.

I have not thrown any of mine yet. I've got all I need on the Destroyer front for throwers (and much more than I need honestly). I'm planning on throwing one eventually, but it might be a while.

I got my Color Glow Star Philos and they look... somewhat stable honestly. They all have fairly consistent PLH. All but one of them have a slightly concave wing which usually indicates stability. Only one has a straight wing like the swirly Philos, GStars, and some lighter embossed Stars I've seen. It's hard to see the concavity in the pics I took, but I took a bunch of comparison pics which show the wing height compared to some other Destroyer runs. Album here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/maNJHHSWO6cqX6Uh1

Yeah mine came in yesterday. I got one pink, 168g. It's rather flat up top and the wing is high and concave. I'm assuming it will be pretty beefy based on looks, and the PLH is similar to a very beefy embossed bottom stamp that I have, although the glow star Philo is not pop-topped like the bottom stamp is. The new Philo is also rather gummy.

Any more word on the flights of the philos?

Sorry, I've got a pretty busy weekend which includes running a half marathon tomorrow morning. Needless to say, no disc golf is going to happen after that. Hopefully I can get out to the practice field at some point this week and give one a toss though.

just released:

TMG60j

waiting for my order of new Philos - blue and pink, anyone else get a chance to throw these?

Wow! The new Philo Destroyers absolutely bomb!

Very glidey right out if the box...throws like a seasoned Destroyer from the beginning.

Threw a few holes and some field work with 2 pinks.

These went further than any of my other Destroyers.

was able to find two blues at sunking discs. specifically asked that they have some dome. the philos from last year were just perfect for me. moderate dome without pop top. great grip and light.

maybe these will be good backups for the 2017 run!

Those philos landed now in Finland also. I ordered three of those with the same weight (169gr). Can't wait to see how those fly. You have been promising things that I look in destroyers ;)

Those philos landed now in Finland also. I ordered three of those with the same weight (169gr). Can't wait to see how those fly. You have been promising things that I look in destroyers ;)

Beefy as f***. Well at least they look great.

Well I got a few throws in with a new Philo today. I took out the one that looked LEAST overstable to me (pink with a little straighter wing than the others I have although similar PLH). It's actually really nice. It flies stable for my arm speed: no turn, just very straight with a healthy fade at the end. But it wasn't a hog; I didn't feel like I was losing tons of distance because of it fading out aggressively early. I WANT to put in a 10th Anniversary Destroyer in the stable slot in the bag next, but given how this one flies, I'm going to be tempted to put it in that slot instead. Decisions, decisions. :)