• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Here are some of mine current Destroyers in that lot there are 4 echostar one with Patent numbers, a 2013 anthon and a 2018 Anthon, what best I can tell is a second run in Star with a tournament stamp from May of 2008, At 2 line aj and a three-line AJ, two bottom stamped three-line era, a couple of embossed mcbeth, a Vulcan top champystar mcbeth, a factory store character stamp champion, a tie die pd2 top champion etc. I'm not necessarily trying to get rid of all or any of them but in all fairness I only carry 5 at a time and I'm definitely open to come up a few of them for sale or trade

Attachments

• 20190920_123803.jpg
    20190920_123803.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Honestly they're all over the place. You just get what you get and make it work.
I have 2 f2's that are absolute meathooks. Others that are kinda flippy.
That's just how it goes in this world.

Not fully true one needs to go to a store and look at the Destroyers. Now for Champion what I use, majority need to stay away from domed models and get lower to normal dome or if they get high dome the amount of speed and power needed to get the disc to work will be so high only a top Pro Power player can get one to work.

I know this o be true as a guy who got the Champion Destroyer after seeing me throw mine and he had a domed model thinking ture the dome gives glide. Well to get the dome glide takes speed to get up to full flight and couple that with the fact the Destroyer in Champion takes quite a bit of speed to throw anyhow that a domed version can only get the full flight from a top level pro power player.

Threw some embossed GStar Destroyers in the bag (because why not, it's still hot as hell in Texas and I like how Gstar doesn't get soft and mushy like champion does in the heat/humidity) and I have to say they are the easiest Destroyers to throw. Usually, I would pick up the penned Gstars, flat top and curved wing, to fight the wind. Those go around 430' with no turn, similar to Star Destroyers. These embossed ones had a full flight path. I had honestly never thrown a destroyer that was actually -1/3.

I'm a happy Destroyer thrower as of yesterday.

Threw some embossed GStar Destroyers in the bag (because why not, it's still hot as hell in Texas and I like how Gstar doesn't get soft and mushy like champion does in the heat/humidity) and I have to say they are the easiest Destroyers to throw. Usually, I would pick up the penned Gstars, flat top and curved wing, to fight the wind. Those go around 430' with no turn, similar to Star Destroyers. These embossed ones had a full flight path. I had honestly never thrown a destroyer that was actually -1/3.

I'm a happy Destroyer thrower as of yesterday.

I got one of those as well and it is very easy to range. Really similar to the Infinite Emperor, just with the blunter Destroyer rim.

How are the bottom stamped Destroyer's these days? Still super overstable like they were?

How are the bottom stamped Destroyer's these days? Still super overstable like they were?

Tough to say. I've thrown 2. One was massively beefy, and the other was almost flippy. Destroyers are so hard to pin down unless you actually throw them to figure out how they fly.

You can't even really guess what they'll do.

Love the way the Ricky Destroyers fly, but I've never been a fan of large, cartoonish stamps.

Agreed, it would be cool to go back to the classic S-DS stamp with a Ricky sig. I have a few not stock stamp destroyers but I love the Innova classy looking star stamp, one of the things that drew me to innova early on in playing DG.

I could take or leave the raptor stamp aesthetically, but big stamps like that in general are not my favorite. I like some open space on the flight plate where I can grip the disc.

So yeah, a more classic star sig stamp would be nice. Or if not that, maybe a public service announcement about modern medical treatment of Lyme disease.

Fingers crossed that Innova retires Ricky's raptor stamp for 2020 and reverts back to the stock stamp with a simple signature. Love the way the Ricky Destroyers fly, but I've never been a fan of large, cartoonish stamps.

Or that Ricky and Innova go with the original DX stamp at least, so the disc stamp is less busy and still has space to grip the disc.

Looks like a new run of echo star destroyers out there. According to the description on dgu store, they sound like they fly like the older runs of echo star (less stable). Those were some real long destroyers so I am excited to give the new ones a shot.

destroyer_star_character_feature-group-2_2x1.jpg

Nice! Wonder if they'll fly differently.

Yes sir, new Destroyer stamps! According to Innova, both pictured above will be considered "stock" stamps for 2020, so don't let dealers and facebook sellers trick you into thinking the "SockiBot" is a rare stamp. I remember when the Raptor stamp was released there were a ton of facebook sellers selling them for a premium, tricking people into believing that they're rare. The Raptor stamp is done now. When they're gone they're gone.

I wonder if one version is gonna be straight wing stable (like the raptor in my limited experience) and one with the concave wing or if it's just gonna be the ol' lottery.

Latest posts