• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

harry myers is in my home town, freaking love the course. i live in san marcos now and usually regular the 2 south austin courses(circle c/searight), which i actually think i like a bit more than harry myers. headed out to play the circle r courses this weekend! :)

harry myers is in my home town, freaking love the course. i live in san marcos now and usually regular the 2 south austin courses(circle c/searight), which i actually think i like a bit more than harry myers. headed out to play the circle r courses this weekend! :)

Just got done playing Harry Meyers, I'll agree with you on both points there, it was a great course (Windy as all F**K, I'm still not quite used to this Texas wind, I was just getting this with/into the wind thing down, and here all the holes were cross wind, the wind grabbed a few Hyzers and threw them 100 feet out of bounds, "wow, that may have been my longest drive ever... in the wrong direction"), I will say that I enjoyed Circle C better. And I'm not sure about searight yet, it was a fun little course, I'll give you that. And I played Circle R last weekend, that was a trip and a half (the dude that works there, I forgot his name, somebody refresh my memory! make sure to visit with him, he's a trip!). The course was incredible, hole 18 off the hill - be prepared to want to throw 5 discs and then spend an hour looking for them all.

Anyway, as far as the city comments go, again it's not just DFW, I quite enjoy the time that I have spent in this city (not just the last couple days, but on previous trips as well), but it's "the city" in general, I think the last 3 weeks have been the most about of time that I've spent in the city in my life, I'm a country/small town boy - 3 days in NOLA, 9 days in Houston/Galveston, 1 day in San Antonio, 7 days in Austin and 2 days in DFW, I'm a bit over stimulated, I just need some chill time in the woods (and yes, possibly down by the river).

I really enjoy Texas, that's why I came back and just spent 3 weeks here, but the time has come for me to move on, I will be back, it's been great.

Anybody that hasn't played audubon here lately I would suggest giving it a try.All new baskets, several new pin locations, best of all its been mowed and taken care as of late.

Exactly. You might as well throw out all the old reviews and opinions of those that haven't played it lately. They are wrong.

When I was stuck living in Edgemont SD USA for a couple of years. I thought it was the worst place in the US. But then I went back to Chicago, and felt choked to death with stress. It is hard to tell, just how much stress the city really puts on you until you have actually lived somewhere long enough without it. I know what he is talking about. I love the city, but my heart REALLY misses the country.

How is Cedar Hill looking?

My buddies and I are heading out there tomorrow to play both Coyote and Beaver.

Any tips or suggestions for us?

Take the maps just in case. When you finish a hole, start looking for the most warn path by the short pin placements. Also, most of the tees have a blue trashcan at them, so sometimes that will you too. This place does havve poisonous snakes, even though I have only seen 1 in 15 visits and it was clear out in the lake.

Coyote course has a little more tree cover, so play that one at the hottest time slot that you are there to stay the coolest. In my opinion, Beaver starts out a little slow, but will gets better as you go, as far as Fun Factor is concerned. Coyote is great the whole way through. Use bright colored discs, so you don't lose anything in plain sight.

I think that is about all I can come up with right now.

They do have a grill, picnic tables, and a port-o-potty by the parking lot.

Take the maps just in case. When you finish a hole, start looking for the most warn path by the short pin placements. Also, most of the tees have a blue trashcan at them, so sometimes that will you too. This place does havve poisonous snakes, even though I have only seen 1 in 15 visits and it was clear out in the lake.

Coyote course has a little more tree cover, so play that one at the hottest time slot that you are there to stay the coolest. In my opinion, Beaver starts out a little slow, but will gets better as you go, as far as Fun Factor is concerned. Coyote is great the whole way through. Use bright colored discs, so you don't lose anything in plain sight.

I think that is about all I can come up with right now.

They do have a grill, picnic tables, and a port-o-potty by the parking lot.

That's great.....thanks for the advice!

Look under the files/links section of the Beaver Course. Both maps are on one map.

Oh heck here you go, CLICK ME!

If anyone's interested, I'm putting together a $5 flip doubles game at Audubon this Wed @ 6pm. Several of us from discgolfdallas.com will be there...and the more the merrier.

I'm doing this to see if I can drum up any interest in a possible mini at Audubon...probably on the same day/time. The course has had a lot of improvements, and I think it's due for a weekly mini and hopefully a club to help the city with maintenance. For now, though, it'll just be an informal thing, until I can get in touch with the course contact to see if he already has a mini in the works.

You in?

I'd definitely be in if I was closer to that side of town.

I've got to get to Rockwall after reading all these great comments about it.

Is the Rowlett course really that bad? What about the Mesquite courses?

I've got to get to Rockwall after reading all these great comments about it.

Is the Rowlett course really that bad? What about the Mesquite courses?

Yes, the Rowlett course really is that bad. I was told recently that most of the baskets are gone now anyway.

The courses in Mesquite are beginner level for the most part, with several holes at Paschall being the exception. The two 9-holes are great for a quick fun round, as both have mostly short (under 250') holes, but don't expect a challenge. All in all, the Mesquite courses are pretty solid, but Rockwall is a can't-miss.

I just played Rowlett and reviewed it. The stuff about the baskets and the grass is all legit. It really is that bad. I hate beating up courses in reviews, due to the fact that most of the time I really like just seeing a course put in. But Rowlett was a let down and all I could think of was, "Man, I wish this round could go faster." (And to think, I played in under 30 min.) If you do go there, wear long pants.

Well that's good to know...thanks guys.

I'm typically of the mindset that if it has baskets I'll give it a try. I can make my own 18 up. ;) But I will be taking a pass on Rowlett. That's too bad since it can't be that far from Harry Myers.

How about Commerce? Is it worth the drive?

Hey Donovan, if you think Rowlett was bad, have you checked out the Coppell course lately? Yeech.

Rockwall is greatness and so is Lorch.

Turner became one of my favorites very quickly.

When kept in good shape BiCenntenial is also a really fun course to play.

But if anything I would hit-up Rockwall, Lake Lewisville, Turner, Lorch, Z-Boaz (but not on the weekends waaaay to busy) and BiCenntenial.

Not many people seem to like it but I love Greenbriar. Ft Worth is trying to make some strides and this course is actually kept up well. Also it is a very quick round, anytime you need to get in a quick 18 holes. (be careful they do not have all signs up yet, but do have a practice hole now!!)

so... DGCR meetup?

mckinney this sunday?

you're all dying to come?

great!

Hey Donovan, if you think Rowlett was bad, have you checked out the Coppell course lately? Yeech.

LOL, I gotta tell you, NO! When I was there the grass was 6 feet tall! I have not been back there in like 2 years. That place was so bad when I was there, I think I gave it a 1, but if I went back after playing as many course as I have now, it might get changed to a half or a zero. I really hated that place. You would have to tell me it was completely redone before I would go back, or maybe if I was bored and just curious.

Latest posts