• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

... and the top 15 from December 2009.
1. Harry Myers
2. Beaver
3. Coyote
4. Towne Lake
5. Z-Boaz
6. Vet
7. Lake Lewisville
8. Bear Creek
9. Turner
10. Arcadia
11. Frito Lay
12. Fritz
13. Alex Clark
14. Bicentennial
15. Paschal

Saturday Random Draw Doubles at Audubon

Just wanted to let everyone know about the saturday afternoon mini at Audubon. $6 per person, sign up is at 2pm at the pavilion near hole 16. The ace pot is up to $250(we've been playing shorter tees on some holes so there is a good chance to hit it) SATURDAY SIGN up at 2pm START TIME 2:30pm. CASH PAYOUT.

SPREAD THE WORD, THE BIGGER THE TURNOUT THE BETTER THE PAYOUT:thmbup:::hfive:

THE COURSE IS MOWED AND LOOKING GREAT, DONT BE SCARED COME PLAY THE BON;)

anyone played saddle hills recently? i dunno how long they've been there but there are new pin placements. pretty sweet and a couple are tough too!

1) Lester Lorch at Cedar Hill
2) Turner Park
3) Lake Lewisville
4) Harry Meyers at Rockwall
5) Z Boaz

SH needed work the one time I played it. It was apparent some pins had been moved but no work had been done around the green, I think it was hole 4. I was about 6' past it on the drive and had no shot for bird because of the schule. I couldn't even get to a legal stance. I didn't play both sets of tees but walked over and checked out the shot from the new locations. I belive SH has an unfairly inflated rating on this site. It is sitting around 13th place for DFW courses and I would put it around 20th.

I hate to be critical of IMO course design because Brandon has taken it as an attack on him personally, and it is unfair because he puts a lot of time into getting courses in, possibly more effort than anyone else in DFW.

...from Facebook

Princeton Tx..new course is getting close to opening:)..installing sleeves today and tomorrow.

I think it is a 9 hole beginner friendly course.

Talked to Kennedale parks project manager for the 9 hole course in Sonora Park they are putting in about walking the park next week. I will have more info next week after the meeting. On a side note they have received negative comments about disc golf before it was even put in. Heard on comment was that disc golf is no longer popular and on the decline. So any positive feedback about disc golf would be nice. The City wants a tourney of some sort out there to get people involved. I will know more next week and will post. I would also like to thank Brandon fron IOM and David Teague from funky town for coming out a while back to walk the course.

I would start with Mr. Hoover as he was my first point of contact with the city. I now deal with the project manager for this project.

Larry Hoover

City of Kennedale

Public Works

Streets and Parks

817-985-2170

E-mail; [email protected]

He would probably be a good starting point.

possibly due to the time change and onset of colder weahter?

what an odd comment

This was a comment made to the city council possibly because this individual wanted money alloted to something else so by slaming one they hoped to get another in its place. I have a picture of the park but dont know how to post message me your email if you can post/host:)

...from Facebook

Princeton Tx..new course is getting close to opening:)..installing sleeves today and tomorrow.

I think it is a 9 hole beginner friendly course.

Really? I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the info.

SH needed work the one time I played it. It was apparent some pins had been moved but no work had been done around the green, I think it was hole 4. I was about 6' past it on the drive and had no shot for bird because of the schule. I couldn't even get to a legal stance. I didn't play both sets of tees but walked over and checked out the shot from the new locations. I belive SH has an unfairly inflated rating on this site. It is sitting around 13th place for DFW courses and I would put it around 20th.

that green is pretty rough. not even a fair line to the new pin location if you're in the middle of the clearing. i do like that hole though.

i'm surprised it hasn't been addressed already since it always seems like so much other work is getting done on the course. at the same time, the course is still less than a year old.

i haven't looked at the "ranking" but 3.5 seems like a pretty fair rating for SH to me. maybe others are underrated?

Funkytown Flyers Website

The Funkytown Flyers Disc Golf Club is a nonprofit organization of disc golfers united to fostering a positive disc golf community and encouraging the development of disc golf in DFW. We are proud to announce the launch of our new website! Taking a huge step toward achieving our goal of providing a resource to unite all the DFW golfers, course clubs and tournament directors. We invite everyone to visit www.funkytowndiscgolf.com to be a part of the evolution.

site.png

Last edited:

Latest posts